Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Chris Jericho and other legends like Austin are not going to bury a guy like Roman Reigns. Especially since the issue with guys like him is the writing and not the person itself.

Look at Bray Wyatt, they praise him too. They are right but that still doesn't make him randomly attacking people and losing feuds interesting.

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
Chris Jericho and other legends like Austin are not going to bury a guy like Roman Reigns. Especially since the issue with guys like him is the writing and not the person itself.
It very much is the person. There's nothing about Roman as a character that would make someone dislike him on paper. He doesn't goof around like Cena, he doesn't laugh off insults like Cena, he destroys people. As a kayfabe, on screen character, he's pretty close to Brock, who everyone cheers despite doing even less moves than Reigns, but he's a shitty talent and people don't like the guy on the end of the push, because he can't work in that position.

There's no writing he has to abide by, he's Vince's choice for the top star, and that will never change. He can say whatever he wants.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Jericho knows this isn't true. He's just putting him over cause he knows some of the snarks take his word as gospel. "Oh if Jericho says he's the best, he HAS to be!"

That sort of thing. Jericho is a good guy like that. He always looks out for the talent.

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
So the Roman shilling drives Cena's point that Roman is a corporate, bootleg version of Cena. Furthermore, it continues to alienate their fans. This is basically WWE telling you Roman is GOAT instead of showing you. I think they're just trying to convince themselves at this point. It could be worst - they could be pushing Finn Bàlor as the FOTC.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I guess Jericho see's something that the vast majority of fans don't, Reigns is a good in ring worker but by no means is he the best in the company and by making that statement Jericho is insulting a lot of the roster.
Reigns lacks presence, charisma and direction and without those 3 attributes he will never be one of the best, and given that he hasn't improved in those areas so far it begs the question is he really trying or just coasting because Vince has a thing for him?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
ALL these guys at the back are a bunch of dick riders and cowards with no balls John Cena was right about everything he said about Reigns.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Im not gonna take anything away from Jericho. I am a huge fan of his but fuck him for overrating both Roman and Cena over the years.

·
Registered
600 Posts
No Chris Jericho, Roman Reigns is NOT the 'best wrestler in WWE'. Nor is John Cena. Neither of them come close.

Chris Jericho, I like you as an in-ring performer but I do ask that you get out of Roman's arse & stop giving him praise that he doesn't deserve.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
I personally think reigns is fairly solid in the ring, people act like he really sucks but his matches arnt usually bad.

had reigns not been the chosen one and had been forced to the top and I believe peoples opinions of him would be much different, Ive said before that a lot of heat for reigns comes from cena being like he has for the past decade, its a fear of more of the same, its a protest against wwe.

·
Banned
2,360 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
jericho shilling. Reigns is a good worker but often his deficiencies are hidden in smoke and mirrors matches with stips. Guy is basically a finisher spammer. wanking that fist like 5 times a match. limited repertoire.

Nowhere near a ring techniciam like Cesaro K.O A.J Sami Seth etc.

shit mic skills.

has a good presence and look but nowhere near the BITW.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Well to be fair, he also said "Ryback should beat Punk for the title. They have something huge with this guy. I know people want Rock vs Punk, but Ryback can be the next big thing".

So yea...Jericho and Stone Cold are awesome, but let's just say their opinions of the wrestling world and what should happen are often not.

141 - 160 of 161 Posts