Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now, I'm not one to compare past with present with the whole "this guy's the next so & so!" but Batista is the only guy I can compare him, too. Thing is, Reigns isn't as big WWE builds him to be. I've seen the guy in person is he's not even that tall. Tista was actually a freak of nature. The thing about Roman is that he's actually a good looking guy & WWE could market the SHIT out of him. He has OBSESSED female fans & I could see him appearing on something like "The View" with ladies going apeshit over him, lol. He actually looks like he could be a movie star if he wanted. What im saying is, this guy has SCARY potential & he's still a young man. WWE needs to take advantage of this. His mic skills aren't all of that, but enough to keep him in the main event.

I also heard he's "related" to The Rock. Not too sure how true that is. I read their families are just very tight so they consider Dwayne family, just not blood related. Just because The Rock is HALF samoan everyone assumes he's related to all samoans, lmao. BUT ..with ties to Dwayne? C'MON! THIS GUY ROMAN REIGNS IS A JACKPOT! Lol​

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Re: Roman Reigns = Next Batista?

You can never compare him to Goldberg, Lesnar, Batista, or Lashley. Those guys are way scarier and stronger than Roman Reigns.

Roman Reigns is this generation's them as a replacement, but as HIMSELF.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Re: Roman Reigns = Next Batista?

I have always seen this comparison too. Reigns is much better than what Tista was, he's more athletic and way smoother in the ring. Reigns does need to improve his mic skills, but he's still young.

·
DIRK
10,344 Posts
His career progression and style reminds me a bit of Batista. Tag team powerhouse who is definitely coming into his own as a worker, as Batista did after Evolution. REIGNS will be a bigtime player for many years if he can stay healthy.

·
Registered
11,128 Posts
Don't mean to thread jack, because RR is "dat n*gga", but speaking of "The Animal" and "The Beast"... when you (I) think about all the matches that never were, I tend to forget about Lesnar/Batista. I know Lesnar was in MMA/UFC when Batista was main eventing in the WWE. But can you imagine if both men had faced off, in their peaks? It may not have been much of a "wrestling competition", but it certainly could've been a great fight! How do you think it would have drawn, in comparison to Goldberg/Lesnar? No, Batista was never as big (fame wise) as Goldberg, but he certainly had/has tons of fans. I think if--emphasis on "IF"--done right, it would have been an amazing battle! Maybe a "best out of 3" type of deal, where they'd split two and then have the tie breaker at Mania or the RR.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
07-10 Batista vs any version of Lesnar would've been fucking awesome.
I was actually thinking like 2005-07 Batista, against today's Lesnar. Like someone else said, it wouldn't have been a great wrestling match, but it would have definitely been a hell of a showdown.

·
DIRK
10,344 Posts
Batista was still fairly shit in the ring in 05 and 06, hence my suggestion of his later years. Showdown after Batista exploded as a face in 05 would've been cool, but Lesnar would've had to carry the match pretty hard.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
In a tweet from months ago, Dwayne said they are cousins.
http://www.sescoops.com/the-rock-tweets-happy-birthday-message-to-his-cousin-roman-reigns/80215

Also, this site details the family connection.
http://www.wrestlingdata.com/index.php?befehl=bios&wrestler=17398
Roman Reigns is the nephew of Afa, the cousin of Alofa, the grandson of Amituanai Anoa'i, the cousin of Black Pearl, the nephew of Junior Anoa'i, the cousin of Manu, the brother of Matt Anoa'i, the grandnephew of Peter Maivia, the cousin of Rikishi, the second cousin of The Rock, the cousin of Samu, the son of Sika, the cousin of Tama, the nephew of Tumua Anoa'i, the cousin of Umaga, the cousin of Vale Anoa'i, the nephew of Vera Anoa'i and the cousin of Yokozuna.
What does it all mean? Not much, except that wrestling is in his blood. He has passion for it. Thankfully, he has talent and star appeal to go along with it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts