Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 316 Posts

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,108 Posts
Re: "I'm watching this crap with Roman on Youtube & it's like are you kidding me? I'm like insulted that they even asked [for an Emmy]" - Bryan Alvare

He should follow Simpsons Wrestling Memes on Twitter, it greatly improves the angle.

Reactions: A-C-P and Ace

·
Registered
155 Posts
I like it. I much perfer the old days with story lines. It actually has depth to a feud. With who and why.

Usually we just get someone interupting and it turns into a feud.

I just want wrestling with feuds with actual meaning. I dont care if 2 wrestlers can put on a 5 star match. Its all about the feuds. Its not the best but we have been starved of them recently.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Re: Bah Gawd Rowan is the mystery driver!!

I'm just wondering exactly why Rowan would try to kill Roman? When was the last time they even interacted? Unless it's like some have said, he did it for Daniel Bryan. But then again, what would be Bryan's motive? He's still mad that Roman beat him in their feud years ago? :lol I'm thinking too hard about this lol.

But I'm intrigued to see where it goes regardless.
Maybe he is sick of their names being so damn similar?

Every man has his breaking point. Maybe Rowan's is upside down W's?

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Re: This Roman Reigns storyline has been amazing

This is exactly what I've wanted for a long time. Just a story - of any kind! Less of this "people fighting just because they're wrestlers and that's what they do". That has it's place, but WWE has so many hours of content to fill, that it has time for every kind of match and every kind of angle. I hope the recent events with Reigns and Wyatt are a sign that we're going back to more story-heavy, character-driven angles.

BTW can we talk about how intense Roman was in that segment with Buddy Murphy? I've never been a Reigns hater anyway, but damn, the improvement in his character has been great these last 6 months.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts

Am I missing something here? How is everyone so sure it was Rowan?

Unless I heard it wrong, all Murphy said was "he saw Rowan". Not that he saw Rowan do it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I can see Bryan and Rowan winning the SD tag titles and then enter in a feud with the samoan team of Joe and Reigns.

·
Registered
16,460 Posts

I will admit I did enjoy Roman interrogating Buddy Murphy, that was entertaining. Roman actually came off like a badass in that.

The story as a whole hasn't been that great though. The Alestair Black mystery one, even though predictable, at least had time to develop on NxT. The Roman Reigns one was rushed in 2 weeks. If it had time to breathe and lead the audience interweaving through different feuds to find the culprit, then I would have been all for it.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,169 Posts

nah, the suspense isn't there because we've already known for a week or so with 99% certainty its just gonna lead to a bryan roman feud.

·
Queen of all Galaxies
3,735 Posts

A cool swerve would be The Fiend Bray Wyatt being the mastermind, not Daniel Bryan.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,169 Posts

....four months later, Triple H comes out saying Rowan was just following his orders.

Better yet, if they swap out Triple H for Shane, it would finally make a bit of sense.
oh gosh... unfortunately that sounds like something wwe would do. shane vs roman at survivor series incoming (making endless references to that botched spear/ concussion during the build up)

·
Registered
6,632 Posts

Holding out hope that somehow, someway this leads to a double turn for Roman/Bryan. If not, still enjoying Bryan's fantastic heel run. I hope, if he stays heel, he picks up some steam again.

Could be great but probably won't be haha.
They would never do this but it would be a nice swerve if Roman staged all this himself because he was losing the spotlight and figured this would put the attention back on him. Rowan and Roman attack Bryan and put him on the shelf. Roman wins the title from Kofi and Bryan returns as a surprise entry in the RR and wins it. We get Roman vs Bryan for the title at WM with a long build.

The WWE needs to start building feuds a few months in advance for their biggest show of the year. Instead of just throwing them together at the last minute.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts

There's another swerve coming. The ending there was so confusing as both Bryan and Rowan looked like they didn't know what was going on.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts

nah, the suspense isn't there because we've already known for a week or so with 99% certainty its just gonna lead to a bryan roman feud.
In fairness to WWE, the suspense hasn't been ruined by them within the TV shows or social media.

It's the old Meltzer insider knowledge that's done it. If we go looking for the spoilers, we can't complain about the story being ruined by them ... :)

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts

I mean I guess our definitions of "amazing" are quite different then :draper2

·
Queen of all Galaxies
3,735 Posts

JTB33b's idea of Roman staging this himself, leading to a Bryan/Roman double turn and a WWE Championship match between them at WM is great.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts

:yawn

81 - 100 of 316 Posts