Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since Drew McIntyre lost to Roman Reigns at WrestleMania i was pretty sure that in near future McIntyre will eventually get his win back. In fact he's been eating losses to Reigns all year round and that's the perfect set up for him to win the Rumble by throwing Reigns out.

Reigns is Team FOX/Smackdown/Vince so he will probably end up in top 2 anyway. And ever since McIntyre called out Randy Orton this past Monday, i feel like this is the beginning of his build up. I feel like Vince has put these two vicious heavyweights in a feud, so McIntyre can benefit from it.

I can only imagine how good the promos could be, where McIntyre is acusing Orton of becoming a lazy and complacent veteran and Orton owning him with being a handpicked failiure and never winning a world title.

With McIntyre winning the Rumble we can get:

RAW
McIntyre vs Lesnar

SmackDown
Reigns vs The Fiend

Reigns has already beaten Lesnar. Seth did it too. It's time to elevate McIntyre by him beating Lesnar and then have him feud with Braun Strowman which could be dope as well.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I’d much rather see somebody else win (Braun, Elias, Bryan, Owens) but I’ll take McIntyre over Reigns any day of the week. Not a huge fan of either but I’ll admit that Drew has been killing it lately.

We will see, I’d love to see Owens win the Rumble though.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Youre overthinking it. Roman beat him all around the year because that's the ceiling for everyone not named Seth Rollins and Brock Lesnar. Do not over think it ? Any hot acts have to be fed to Seth or Roman, thats WWE logic for the past 3/5 years. Mcintyre vs Lesnar, give me a break. Braun was more over a couple of years and Vince decided he needed to be fed to Roman. Why will this be any different.

Plus Reigns has beaten Lesnar but not yet at WrestleMania damn it, with fans adoring as he raises the title over his head, its now time ?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Youre overthinking it. Roman beat him all around the year because that's the ceiling for everyone not named Seth Rollins and Brock Lesnar.
Ceilings are meant to be broken. If you'd told me an year ago that Bray Wyat would beat Seth Rollins without breaking a sweat to become the Universal Champion and the hottest thing in WWE i wouldn't believe you, but here we are. You never know.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Ceilings are meant to be broken. If you'd told me an year ago that Bray Wyat would beat Seth Rollins without breaking a sweat to become the Universal Champion and the hottest thing in WWE i wouldn't believe you, but here we are. You never know.
Ya but this is WrestleMania we are talking about, not some random PPV. Considering its Vince's biggest event of the year, I don't think he is all of a sudden going to go with Mcintyre in the main event.

60,000 Posts
Bryan is facing the Bray at the RR, so he's not going to be in the Rumble

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
There's no rule that you can't have a match and be in the Rumble. Becky did it last year and so did Bret Hart and they both won. The huge uproar in 2014 was that Bryan faced Bray and should have been in the Rumble and he wasn't.

·
Registered
190 Posts
There's no rule that you can't have a match and be in the Rumble. Becky did it last year and so did Bret Hart and they both won. The huge uproar in 2014 was that Bryan faced Bray and should have been in the Rumble and he wasn't.
He will get in Roman's way if he's in the Rumble, wwe isn't that stupid

60,000 Posts
He will get in Roman's way if he's in the Rumble, wwe isn't that stupid

That's the truth. Last year they made him WWE champion to avoid putting him in the Rumble when he was one of the favorites after his return and the Rumble was being held in the town where he now lived. It's obvious that they will never allow him to win it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts