Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When should Roman Reigns wins his first singles title be it the US, IC, or World Title.

Ima go with Wrestlemania 31 United States Title.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
He's past mid card belts and the only thing they will do for him is give him an eventual loss.

WWE Championship by WrestleMania 32 or bust. It might be the bust at this point though. The best path for him would be to form a loose alliance with Cena win the tag belts with him and try to vulture some of his fans. Then you can have Cena vs Reigns at 32.

·
Banned
4,757 Posts
I think releasing him would be best for business. He's not even worthy of the US title.

Unless they create the "Duckface moron championship" in which case he's perfectly deserving of that and should win it immediately

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Beats John Cena for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania 32
I think if he improves greatly then yeah. I think a slow build up with the guy is in the best interest of him and WWE. A heel Cena vs a Strong face Reigns and hopefully improved in the ring could be very good. But that's if he improves.

But sadly he's wining the title at WM 31

·
STEVALD
4,053 Posts
I know he's way past midcard championships right now, but if done right, I'd like to see him win the Intercontinental title somewhere down the line on his road to winning the big gold at Mania 32. And knowing how high the powers to be are on him, I guess it would also make the title look good since Reigns would be put in meaningful programs unlike the current holders of the title are. And I've always been a fan of the old school way of booking the wrestlers to hold a secondary title first when they are in line to win the big one, instead of just fast tracking them into the mainevent scene, so I guess that's why.

·
Banned
5,743 Posts
I actually think he should face Barrett instead of Rusev and win the IC title. I believe Reigns/Rusev would be a fairly bland feud and i could not bear to listen to the promos :lol

Barrett on the other hand could carry the feud a lot better and i think he'd get better matches out of Reigns also.

I think this would allow for Ryback to go over Rusev at Mania and then we can have two big ''Powerhouses'' being built up at the same time.

What would really help with this also is if they really made an effort to keep them apart as in Reigns could be mainly on Raw and Ryback on Smackdown.

I think this could then lead to a unification match before the next Rumble and the winner could go on to possibly win the rumble itself and go to Mania.

Obviously if i was running the show i would not just be doing this for Reigns benefit as i believe this whole ''Marketability'' argument is bullshit until proven otherwise. A pretty face doesn't sell out Arenas.

I would be happy to build up both Reigns and Ryback in direct competition with each other.

By using the two midcard belts I'd let them know that the one who can elevate himself and their championship the most is the guy i am going to choose to win that unification bout and by doing this they then become a frontrunner to headline next years Mania.

Obviously just an idea with way too many variables to say whether or not it's even doable but i really don't like the idea of focusing on one person and pinning your hopes on them. I've seen nothing to suggest that Reigns would be a more popular or marketable wrestler than Ryback other than the fact that he is a good looking guy :shrug

I fail to see how this is some huge selling point in the world of wrestling were in the past some of the most marketable wrestlers in the world have been the complete opposite of this.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Beat Harper or Cesaro (you know, someone who can carry him to a good match) at WM for the IC belt, and then later beat Rusev at SummerSlam to (temporarily) unify the titles.

After that he can go on a dominant midcard run for a while before dropping the belts in a triple threat match where he doesn't get pinned/submitted (like how Angle dropped both the European/IC belts in the Triple Threat with Benoit and Jericho.) Hopefully by that point he's progressed enough in the ring and has enough stamina to have a good 15-20 minute match on a regular basis even without top-5 in-ring workers. And also for his sake hopefully he's no longer getting forced to read those godawful promos from Vince. Any self-aware/self-conscious individual delivers those badly. That tends to happen when you realize you're looking like an absolute moron on live TV.

I'm sure all of Reigns' friends outside of WWE ridicule him for those awful promos. Cena can deliver those garbage kid promos because he has no self-awareness and is too egomaniacal to be self-conscious, and thus probably doesn't care that he looks idiotic. But normal human beings can't. Reigns is a normal human being.

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
He's past mid card belts and the only thing they will do for him is give him an eventual loss.
How is he passed mid-card belts? That's pretty much what he is right now, a mid-carder.

·
Midcard Minivan
6,678 Posts
He can take the internet title from Zack Ryder then get off TV :punk

Forreal, though, I'd be fine with him taking the US title and running with that for a year or so.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Rusev and Reigns have an odd chemistry that works for them, so I echo the statements for a US title run starting at WM31, but then I'd have to sacrifice my fantasy Reigns vs. Rollins vs. Ambrose WWE championship match lol. He'd lose win the belt then drop it to Rollins 10 seconds later with a cash in, but I'd rather him start at the bottom.

Ambrose and Reigns in a baby face vs baby face program for the US title sounds good. Dean never seemed too upset that he lost the belt lol. He wasn't even pinned. Then again dude gets electrocuted by HDTVs and sees Master Splinter in a campfires and doesn't care so that's Dean lol.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
How is he passed mid-card belts? That's pretty much what he is right now, a mid-carder.
Those belts have been devalued so much they're on the low end of the mid cards. Rollins is about to be a MEer without ever touching one of those belts and since Rollins and Ambrose are Reign's direct competition being US champ while Rollins is WWE Champ does him no good.

Obviously everyone can't be champ and you have to stagger them in but it just does Reigns no good to be US Champ. His best route would be hanging out with Cena who's about the only thing on par with the belt.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
=looper007;43981993 A heel Cena vs a Strong face Reigns
Hell, Cena doesn't even have to change cause people will hopefully side with Reigns regardless.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Those belts are as worthless as the European title if not worse. That's how devalued they are. They do him no good. Like it or not his first belt should be the big one, just a matter of when, more likely this year.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts