Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It speaks volumes that the only way he could ever get over was to turn heel and have the entire machine behind him. He has been the main focus of the show for the past few years now, given every main event, everyone gets fed to him and he's been champion for over a year now. WWE has worked so hard to try and get him over and look like a star. You have guys on the roster who get over despite horrible booking but Roman can only get over if he's booked like the greatest thing since sliced bread. They have given him everything and the kitchen sink. At the expense of everyone on the roster, nobody feels important. They are doing Brock and Roman again at WrestleMania lul. They trying to hype up a match that will boil down to a 5 min suplex and spear spam. Every Brock and Roman match is the same shit. Why in the fuck would anyone want to watch that again? Roman is mediocre at best in the ring, every match of his feels the same and plays out pretty much the same. He's not good on the mic because he talks slowly with a deep voice. He sounds like he's in slow motion or high as fuck. Dude has no charisma. What does he have? Oh he has long hair and tattoos and muscles. That's no reason to push someone. I don't see it with him. He should be in the mid card fighting for the IC or the US title. That's where his talent level belongs.

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This thread gets made weekly.

I would love to know who you would like to headline at Texas for 100,000 people. I like to know your grand plan
AJ Styles

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
21,682 Posts
Sigh not this shit again...
Until they suddenly decide to be smart enough to pull the plug on this unbearable push, expect more of these negative but valid topics to pop up for the next 365+ days.

Anyway, the OP is very accurate about the current Universal Champion being a major stain on the product atm.

It’s not going to get better regarding the increasing resentment on him too.

·
21,682 Posts

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
AJ Styles
Yeah real new talent you got there. 45 year old AJ Styles. I love AJ and wouldn't mind him main eventing, but you can't cry new talent and then say AJ Styles.

Humor me. AJ Styles vs who

Well you guys enjoy that Roman vs Brock shit again where the entrances are longer than the match and every move is a finisher.
I'm going to love the build up for the next 6 weeks so Thanks

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah real new talent you got there. 45 year old AJ Styles. I love AJ and wouldn't mind him main eventing, but you can't cry new talent and then say AJ Styles.

Humor me. AJ Styles vs who
45 year old Styles is infinitely better and more fun to watch than 30 year old Roman. Brock is almost 50 btw he's also in the main event

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
11,101 Posts
I'm going to love the build up for the next 6 weeks so Thanks
These people act like seeing Reigns vs Lesnar is a bad thing, they expect us to go:

"Reigns vs Lesnar??? The two biggest stars in the wrestling business fighting??? UGGHHHHHHHHHHH. I don't want to see two actual stars fight."

I don't give a damn how many times they've wrestled when they're two big stars.

·
21,682 Posts
Those 2 “stars” (well Brock Lesnar is a star at least) are boring though.

45 year old Styles is infinitely better and more fun to watch than 30 year old Roman. Brock is almost 50 btw he's also in the main event
Yep, you can’t just rule out AJ Styles as a potential top guy because of his age; but yet ignore other top guys like Brock Lesnar, Bobby Lashley, and Edge who are all either older or around the same age too.

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
These people act like seeing Reigns vs Lesnar is a bad thing, they expect us to go:

"Reigns vs Lesnar??? The two biggest stars in the wrestling business fighting??? UGGHHHHHHHHHHH. I don't want to see two actual stars fight."

I don't give a damn how many times they've wrestled when they're two big stars.
How can you get excited for a match though when you know exactly move for move how it's going to play out? It's not going to be good.

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fucking Brock Lesnar has shown more charisma and personality in the few months he has been a face than Reigns has shown in his whole career. Lesnar a guy who rarely talks.

You all cry you want new stars. That the future is fucked. You want AJ Styles and Edge to be Champions but not Lesnar or Goldberg. Makes no sense
You really putting Styles and Goldberg in the same breath. Goldberg is washed, Styles is still performing at a high level. He has consistently had the best matches in the company for the past few years. He has had undercard RAW matches that are better than Romans main event PPV matches.

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
He has always been over. He's been a top merch seller almost his entire career. Just cause you don't like him doesn't mean others feel the same. Kids especially always loved him even when the adults booed him. Troll try failed

How can you get excited for a match though when you know exactly move for move how it's going to play out? It's not going to be good.
Isn't that every match ever 😂. Only time it's new moves is if you have never seen the wrestler wrestle. Get real dude

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
You really putting Styles and Goldberg in the same breath. Goldberg is washed, Styles is still performing at a high level. He has consistently had the best matches in the company for the past few years. He has had undercard RAW matches that are better than Romans main event PPV matches.
I'm all for AJ Styles main eventing, but what happened to new stars?

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
11,101 Posts
Because I don't care about the moves? I watch wrestling for the story, and the story is entertaining me. Wrestling isn't just about the matches.

Plus why wouldn't I be excited to see a match between Reigns and Lesnar when they're the only reason I still give a shit about wrestling?

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Because I don't care about the moves? I watch wrestling for the story, and the story is entertaining me. Wrestling isn't just about the matches.

Plus why wouldn't I be excited to see a match between Reigns and Lesnar when they're the only reason I still give a shit about wrestling?
Plus they had a entertaining match back in October

1 - 20 of 106 Posts