Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They say "selling" is a lost art and even though im not a huge Roman fan i have to admit he is a great seller, you can blame him for a lot of things but is selling is top notch, from his body language to his face expression he is one of the current best sellers in WWE right now IMO.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Yep. He's great at selling strikes and submissions. He'll even sell for a jobber like Mahal before his push. I'm always impressed with bigger guys who can sell well. Sometimes you get awkward lanky sellers like Dean Ambrose who aren't good at it even though they try.

·
FOTC
10,806 Posts
Reigns said his favorite wrestler of all time is Bret Hart. Bret said himself that when he wrestled no one could take an ass kicking like he could. Reigns is similar in that regard. I'm not comparing their moveset obviously — just comparing how they sell for their opponents.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
My fav sellers on the roster are Sami Zayn and Chad Gable. One is an underdog character and the other is the best at setting up hot tags than anyone in recent memory. Roman is up there, though. Especially for a bigger guy whose character and booking doesn't require him to be great at it.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
His selling is having an asthma attack. Loved Bret Hart in the 90's. Roman is shit. Sorry I have been a fan for nearly 30 years and there is not enough people who can brainwash me into accepting mediocrity. Sorry if I triggered any Roman Snowflakes just calling it as I see it.

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
Yup he's great at it tbh

Sure people are still gonna knock it somehow cause it's Reigns but he's really good at it no matter who he faces

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
He keeps getting better and better.

Reactions: Dolorian

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
19,202 Posts
His selling in his loss to Strowman was one of the best I've seen in years.

It's one of the only things that every wrestling fan could probably agree on when it comes to Reigns.

·
WF's Resident One Piece mark
1,251 Posts

Honestly I like Reigns & all but that's the one thing that irritates me :lol
Especially when he does it in a heated segment or after some sequence during a match before landing it fpalm

Back on subject: I've always thought Reigns was a great seller. My main gripe with his selling was how consistent he was with it, but watching his feud with Strowman and seeing how he's still selling his injury, which makes Braun look strong even when he's out, has put that gripe to rest.

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,424 Posts
I'd say that's probably his main strength. Take his last match with Strowman to see evidence of this.

Of course, because of the apathy for Reigns, some of the sympathy people are supposed to feel to his selling gets lost because it's Reigns tbh. But he's demonstrated he can sell when the time calls for it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts