Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Early evidence about cancer patients contracting COVID-19 were mostly from lung cancer patients in China where air pollution was a major factor that doesn’t apply in the US.

However, it has now been confirmed that different types of cancer have different levels of risk, and Roman’s form of cancer has a different level of risk to what was previously reported.

Leukaemia is listed as the highest possible risk category of cancer for both:

a.) contracting COVID-19
b.) dying

We know Roman has leukaemia that was first managed about 10 years ago, and again recently.

Recent leukaemia treatment is another factor that elevates risk for people with cancer.

Basically, this global-based evidence means Roman has a higher risk of both catching it and dying than what was previously known.

Moreover, healthcare contact is one of the highest risks of all for people in his category.

This means Roman needs to see the doctor to survive, but the doctor is also the most likely thing that will kill him.

Ironic, huh?

If there’s an outbreak in his town, there’s no guarantee Roman will survive to make his return to WWE.

As the reality of COVID-19 continues to surface, hopefully WWE’s attitude towards it changes in the near future. Roman isn’t the only person involved with WWE who has an elevated risk.

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
i doubt very much would anyone care if roman left and fucked off to hollywood, it just means somebody else will get the spotlight for a change.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Yeah, and I’m actually pretty happy that some of the higher up guys are refusing to put their health in jeopardy. It’s wishful thinking, but I’d hope we’d get to a point where the stars are able to be bigger than the company and feel they can go elsewhere to make money, whether it’s AEW or Hollywood or whatever. The complacency in WWE is crazy.

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,407 Posts
If I were him I'd just never step in a WWE ring again. Let's say we cure covid19 tomorrow? That doesn't mean this shit hole company won't endanger his life if there's a new pandemic in 3, 6, 10 years. Vince is obviously comfortable not taking this shit seriously but for Roman it's life or death and fuck the money, there's no coming back from death

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,937 Posts
Dude has 5 kids, 4 under the age of 4 and he's already a millionaire, there's absolutely 0 reason to go back to WWE, especially since Vince's neglect could kill him. He should spend the next 2 or 3 years trying to make his movie career pop off, if it doesn't he'll still be young enough to work full time, and if it does he'll be able to command Brock money if ever he should get the itch to wrestle again.

·
Registered
14,178 Posts
Yeah, and I’m actually pretty happy that some of the higher up guys are refusing to put their health in jeopardy. It’s wishful thinking, but I’d hope we’d get to a point where the stars are able to be bigger than the company and feel they can go elsewhere to make money, whether it’s AEW or Hollywood or whatever. The complacency in WWE is crazy.
Yes that used to happen, and certain former empolyee(s) have said they don't want that anymore. Vince does not like being hostage by his workers for more money or rights or medical care. After all.. they only need to be big enough "stars" Stephanie can exploit their.. coughs "charity" work.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
You would think with that level of risk he wouldn’t be running around getting tattoos and filming movie scenes. Odd that only WWE is a risk for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Yes that used to happen, and certain former empolyee(s) have said they don't want that anymore. Vince does not like being hostage by his workers for more money or rights or medical care. After all.. they only need to be big enough "stars" Stephanie can exploit their.. coughs "charity" work.
Challenge for the WWE wrestlers is that with no live crowds, revenue is tight for AEW. I can't imagine them increasing their talent spending much more.

Challenge for the WWE is that when it comes to creating replacement stars, how can you in a canned environment like the Performance Center? By what metrics are "new stars" even judged? Twitter? There's no organic response from fans anymore to gauge whether a wrestler is succeeding or not. It prevents the rise of a Becky Lynch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts