Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,143 Posts

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
Would you rather wwe.com refer to it as "meh"?

This fucking place... :trips7
I'd be more careful with those wordings if I was them.
Next thing you know, Seth Rollins is a legend, and we have a new era every six months.

Reactions: Ace

·
24,514 Posts
How is it not historic?

I mean, I know smark law dictates that any positive regarding Reigns should be denied (less we lose smark points if we admit to anything) but looking back at their trajectories since their debut how is it not a big rivalry?

·
Registered
486 Posts
How is it not historic?

I mean, I know smark law dictates that any positive regarding Reigns should be denied (less we lose smark points if we admit to anything) but looking back at their trajectories since their debut how is it not a big rivalry?
No shield member has ever been part of anything historic.

Other than the historic decline in ratings and popularity.

·
Banned
2,770 Posts
How is it not historic?

When I think of a historic rivalry, I think of Austin/Rock. There are no rivalries today that hold a candle to that

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts
How is it not historic?

Compare the rivalry between Ambrose/Rollins and this one and you can tell why.

The anti smark thing it's getting old btw.

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
How is it not historic?

Because literally no one gives a good shit about this rivalry. That's how it's not a big rivalry.

·
24,514 Posts
No shield member has ever been part of anything historic.
Rollins is the first and only wrestler to hold both the US and the WWE title. That's an historic achievement as is him being the first ever MITB holder to cash in not only at Mania but while the match was still going on.

Reigns holds the record for most Rumble eliminations and SurvivorSeries elimination as well (if I recall correctly).

Ambrose holds the record for the longest US title reign.

·
Ω Champion
4,092 Posts
Rollins is the first and only wrestler to hold both the US and the WWE title. That's an historic achievement as is him being the first ever MITB holder to cash in not only at Mania but while the match was still going on.

Reigns holds the record for most Rumble eliminations and SurvivorSeries elimination as well (if I recall correctly).

Ambrose holds the record for the longest US title reign.
None of those things matter when the feud between the two most pushed members of the shield was shit.

·
Registered
13,163 Posts
Would you rather wwe.com refer to it as "meh"?

This fucking place... :trips7
LMAO

That would be some hilarious, innovative, truth in advertising...

"COME SEE WWE'S MEH FEUD OF THE YEAR! SETH ROLLINS! ROMAN REIGNS! LIVE AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN!"

"CRITICS AND FANS CALL IT: CONTRIVED AND VERY STALE!"

"OVER PRICED TICKETS AVAILABLE AT THE BOX OFFICE, AND WILL BE UNTIL SHOW TIME, WE NEVER SELL OUT, NOT EVEN SMALL LOCAL ARENAS!"

"WWE! THEN, NOW, EH WE'LL SEE!"

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Not surprise WWE.com labelled it as "historic" let's not forget that if Seth Rollins had not been injured the main event of WrestleMania 32 would have been: Seth Rollins (C) vs Roman Reigns for the WWE Heavyweight championship.

The only time since The Miz/John Cena rivalry than two full timers were considered to main event teh biggest show the company has to offer.

That's says a lot of how the company values both talents.

·
24,514 Posts
None of those things matter when the feud between the two most pushed members of the shield was shit.
Your own subjective opinion is not a factor when it comes to determining historical milestones like the ones listed.

Either Hogan holds the record for the most consecutive Mania main events or he doesn't. Wether the buyrate was good or bad, wether people cheered or booed, wether they liked or not the feud is not relevant.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts