Wrestling Forum banner

161 - 166 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Deflect? No, I fully blame the failures of this push on him. I don't even know what you're talking about. I'm not a Rollins sympathizer WHATSOEVER.

He IS only getting a main event push because of Reigns. Here's what happens if Roman Reigns doesn't get rejected by the fans. Reigns wins the title at WrestleMania, WWE anoints him as the successor to John Cena and the new face of the company, and Roman Reigns goes on to have a LONG title reign to solidify himself as the new face of the company, and because he goes on to have that LONG title reign, Seth Rollins fails his cash in because at the time of Roman Reigns winning it, he only has 3 months left before the contract runs out, and if you really think that Reigns FIRST title reign, the one that solidifies his position in the company is going to be 3 months or less, you really need a better understanding of how wrestling works. He cashes in and loses, probably at WrestleMania, and goes on to be quickly defeated by Reigns in his first feud, before becoming an interchangeable midcard guy.

Yeah, he was involved in the main event in 2014, so what? So were Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt and those guys are DOOMED. Kevin Owens beat John Cena clean 4 months ago and now he's a farce that people laugh at.
I'm talking about you using Rollin's failure to use Reigns as a punching bag. Rollins has been the focus for the whole year, yet somehow you seem to think they would just abandon his megapush in 2015 and not simply push both Reigns and Rollins at the same time.

Reigns would most likely be champion but that doesn't mean Rollins won't be in the spotlight as his main antagonist. WWE has been in love with the babyface chasing the title booking since HHH gained more influence backstage. Who's to say the booking wouldn't remain in 2015?

Lulz if you think you understand how wrestling works more than me when the guy you are high on has been given more opportunities than most to be an attraction by himself yet you are bitching everyday about him not winning titles.

Fans like you seem to think other wrestlers can only be props to your favourites or your favourites become a joke just because they aren't booked like the top babyface of a promotion.

Wyatt and Ambrose are 'doomed' in your eyes because others have improved while they are stuck in their comfort zone. Wyatt was so stale with his rambling and randomly attacking out of nowhere to start feuds that they rebooted the Wyatt family. Ambrose has no character unless he is seen as a anti-Cena babyface. Kevin Owens beat Cena and produced 3 good matches that the crowd loved. Not sure how he is a farce just because he is doing his job as a heel that isn't booked like a Rusev or a Lesnar.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Everyone's got an acquired taste as far as what they look for in Superstars. Some people like his promos. Some don't. Everyone judges superstars differently based on their own perceptions. A lot people like to act as if their opinion is fact (which I'm guilty of doing as well from time to time) when in fact it is not.

Some people are overly critical of his promos, some people hand out too much praise. The problem is it's mostly one extreme to another. It never seems to be 'ok' or 'solid' for people. Every day on this forum it seems like something is referred to as the best or the worst. The amount of hyperbole's (mostly negative) have become mind numbing.

I do find it amusing that some people think things would change if someone else was in Seth's spot. The only thing that would change most likely is that your favorite superstar was champion. Do you blame your favorite superstar then for the ratings like you do with Rollins? Or do you blame the overall contents of the show as well as the poor booking of your favorite superstar because it couldn't possibly be their fault. Do you think guys like Rusev or Wyatt would be booked as strong heel champions? Who was the last heel champion not named Brock that looked strong? Mark Henry was awesome with his Hall of Pain run towards the title & when he won it they even turned him into a chickenshit heel always complaining and looking like garbage against Big Show.

Does Seth deserve this push? The powers that be certainly seem to think so. From all the network specials they've shown with him it seems like Seth puts in the extra work and has a certain attitude about him where he won't accept anything but the best. In my mind he's improved a ton on the mic since he came into WWE. I would say he does deserve a mega push. I think there are other Superstars that deserve a mega push as well though. No need to try and degrade one superstar to justify why another deserves a push.

BTW, is 20 minutes the magical round up time to say how long his promos last? I keep seeing people saying he has boring 20 minute promos. 20 minute segments to open the show maybe, but its not like he's out there by himself talking the entire time all the time. You guys act like he...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Seth's not the prob, WWE just need to mix up the promos a bit like they did tonight with the statue gimmick. Except do that on a regular basis instead of going months on end where Rollins comes out and cuts the same promo every other week. That's a huge problem with the entire show, lack of variety / change / surprise. Hopefully last night was a sign of things to come instead of an one-off aberration. I mean, I don't expect to get Flair/Sting/New Wyatt member/Dudleys, etc, every week, but WWE has the ability to put on a very watchable show.

161 - 166 of 166 Posts