·
Premium Member
13,000 Posts
Objectively.

Hogan
HBK
Austin
Rollins

The best of their eras. I personally prefer HBK and Rollins to Hogan and Austin.
disagree completely. hogan, hbk and austin did nothing for pro-wrestling compared to Rollins. The product was already booming when they were around. But Rollins has ushered in a new wrestling boom on his own.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
disagree completely. hogan, hbk and austin did nothing for pro-wrestling compared to Rollins. The product was already booming when they were around. But Rollins has ushered in a new wrestling boom on his own.
That is why I don't rate The Rock. It was HBK and Austin that created the Attitude era.

Rollins is responsible for RAW being the highest rated show on cable in 2019.

·
Premium Member
13,000 Posts
That is why I don't rate The Rock. It was HBK and Austin that created the Attitude era.

Rollins is responsible for RAW being the highest rated show on cable in 2019.
i'm glad we are on the same page about this. But the attitude era is not as good as the WWE today, and that's all because of our man Seth freakin Rollins.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Rollins was not the best in his own stable.

Rollins is not the best worker in his own time, never mind any other.

He's not absolutely horrendous but he's the very definition of an average talent. Nothing he has done, excepting the turn on The Shield, has been in any way memorable at all. There's not one promo, match or segment that sticks in the mind at all.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Oh well I'll bite.

Rollins is not better than Rock or Austin on the mic or gets even close to them on it. He's not better than HBK on it either. Being better than Bret Hart on the mic isn't that impressive considering mic skills were never The Hitmans's forte.

As for ring skills, yeah no say Rollins is better than Austin, Hart or Bryan in that department. Better than Michaels? Maybe. Better than The Rock? Sure, but The Rock has never been known for his great wrestling ability anyway.

Listing his titles is pointless. Wrestling isn't a real sport. He won those titles because he was booked to win them, simple. Especially in a brand split era where there's countless titles in the company and they switch hands often.

Overall Rollins isn't better than any of the guys you've mentioned. Perhaps he's outdrawn HBK in his prime ratings wise but that's it. The other guys all left a bigger impact in the industry.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
What a laughable response here :LOL:

Seth Rollins lost the Universal title 8 months ago, and the ratings have continued to get EVEN LOWER with different world champions booked on top. Does that suddenly make Drew McIntyre and Braun Strowman even more "garbage" knowing these facts about the viewership declining further? They are the current world champs after all :p

Oh, let me answer that rhetorical question for you. NONE of those names are actually garbage, and the ratings decreasing isn't due to ANY individual wrestler "tanking" them. Rollins, McIntyre, and Strowman are all good talents too with various strengths among the three of them.
Shut it. Ever since Rollins became WWE champion ratings declined, people started tuning out after Punk and Bryan left WWE. That renewed energy fans had went out the window. People didn’t want to watch Rollins on top. As much hate Reigns gets he’s the top star and he draws, his house show averages are high. Anytime Rollins gets back on top there’s a decline, people tune out. He’s flat out boring.

Also Strowman and McIntyre don’t count because we’re in the pandemic era.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks Seth’s recent promos are clever?

He’s talking about Vince McMahon as the God who determines the fate of their matches, right?

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
Do you disagree that Rollins isn't one of the best to ever do it?

Look at what he's done.

- x 2 WWE Champ - x 2 Universal Champ - x 2 IC Champ - x 1 US Champ - x 1 NXT Champ - x 6 Tag Champ - 2019 Royal Rumble winner - Mr MITB 2014 - 9x Slammy Winner - 2k18 Cover Star- 2x PWI Wrestler Of The Year -Triple Crown Champion - Grand Slam Champion - 3x Double Champion - 1x Triple Champion
What the fuck do kayfabe achievements have to do with anything?

Rollins is fine in the ring. Sometimes his psychology is wonky as shit. The superplex into a falcon arrow is baffling. The buckle bomb is fucking stupid. His ripcord knee was ill-advised and he has one of the worst looking Pedigrees I've ever seen. But he has been part of some fantastic matches. Left to his own devices, I believe he'd know how to structure a promo, but he goes along with the script and the script is fucking awful. His current gimmick is just trash. He's hokey, boring, melodramatic and ineffective. He didn't draw as champion because he had no spine and was willing to be completely subservient. And he fucked up his own face run.

Seth has to be blamed for a lot of Seth's struggles. That being said, the company clearly loves him and will depend on him as a featured player, to some degree, for a long time. But he's far from one of the greatest of all-time. He doesn't have the charisma of an Austin or Rock, and he's not even close. He's not even close to a Rey Mysterio, honestly. He's a second tier guy, being generous.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I still can't believe they gave this geek a win over Lesnar and tried to make him the top guy. What were they smoking?

·
Registered
503 Posts
I can't honestly tell sometimes if some of these posters are trolling. Or genuinely believe what they are saying. I like Seth. But arguing hes as good as Rock or Austin. Simply because people wear rose tinted glasses on the past. I dont buy that at all. Were Cena or Batista better then Rock Austin? Close but no. I'm interested in 2006. Were ppl saying Batista was better then Rock? And were those same ppl arguing nostalgia was the reason? People don't. Rock and Austin were arguably the two biggest wrestling stars ever. Who transformed the business. I dont think people simply don't give Seth Credit. Just lightning in a bottle is rare.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I can't honestly tell sometimes if some of these posters are trolling. Or genuinely believe what they are saying. I like Seth. But arguing hes as good as Rock or Austin. Simply because people wear rose tinted glasses on the past. I dont buy that at all. Were Cena or Batista better then Rock Austin? Close but no. I'm interested in 2006. Were ppl saying Batista was better then Rock? And were those same ppl arguing nostalgia was the reason? People don't. Rock and Austin were arguably the two biggest wrestling stars ever. Who transformed the business. I dont think people simply don't give Seth Credit. Just lightning in a bottle is rare.
it's because its Seth Rollins Alt account he has been on here before.
Edge is also on here as well but he does not make troll posts or starts sh*t.

I wonder what username Colby is going to come up with next after he gets banned.

·
The Babyface of WF
12,160 Posts
it's because its Seth Rollins Alt account he has been on here before.
Edge is also on here as well but he does not make troll posts or starts sh*t.

I wonder what username Colby is going to come up with next after he gets banned.
I thought it was Gronk's alt you know the same guy who purposefully overrates Rollins to annoy his fans and haters alike?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Seth Rollins is the GOAT and belongs on Mount Rushmore with Hogan, Austin and Rock. His ring skills, physique, mic work and charisma are unparalleled. He's definitely one in a generational talent.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Rollins has a good work rate and is somewhat decent on the mic, but that's it.
His overall character work is poor and not that much better than the days of our live actors.
Trying to compare him to The Rock/Austin/HBK/Hogan is ridiculous, different era's and vastly different talents, Rollins would have been a flop in the attitude era, he doesn't have the presence of the top guys in that era.
His current gimmick is a very watered down attempt at the Ministry, anyone portraying a messiah should have an aura of mystery around them(like Undertaker did), but Rollins doesn't and because of his previous booking he never will, he is at best a diet version of The Rock/Cena/Austin, looks similar but doesn't have the same taste or appeal.

101 - 120 of 153 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.