Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
The Rock was horrible in the ring! Who are you trying to convince he was well rounded? He was all charisma & promos, his matches were always skippable.
Rocks matches were exciting as fuck. Physical, athletic, fast paced, he sold well,(Perhaps oversold at times) he had impeccable psychology, always had the crowd in the palm of his hand. Rock was a great worker, way better than Rollins.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,815 Posts
Can you knock it off with the ridiculous hyperbole and with your unnecessary comparisons, OP?

You're obviously going to cause a shit-storm here. I highly doubt that you're even a genuine fan of Seth Rollins too since it looks like that you just want to piss other people off unprovokingly with your questionable comments.

Gtfo Rollins is garbage. He failed as a champion which led to super low ratings.
What a laughable response here :LOL:

Seth Rollins lost the Universal title 8 months ago, and the ratings have continued to get EVEN LOWER with different world champions booked on top. Does that suddenly make Drew McIntyre and Braun Strowman even more "garbage" knowing these facts about the viewership declining further? They are the current world champs after all :p

Oh, let me answer that rhetorical question for you. NONE of those names are actually garbage, and the ratings decreasing isn't due to ANY individual wrestler "tanking" them. Rollins, McIntyre, and Strowman are all good talents too with various strengths among the three of them.

Edit:

For the record, Rollins IS a great wrestler. I just felt like pointing this out to those who want to continue denying and discrediting his superb in-ring ability.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Rollins is just as good as Austin, Rock, Hogan, Hart, Bryan, and Michaels. He's actually better than most of them. Yet no one ever mentioned him in the same breath as them.

It's all nostalgia. People look back at the past with rose tinted glasses and moan about the present. In 15 years time people will look back and see that Rollins was one of the best to ever do it, maybe even the best full stop.

It's just annoying that he's not getting his due credit in the moment.
Colby just stop making alts please..............

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Rollins is just as good as Austin, Rock, Hogan, Hart, Bryan, and Michaels. He's actually better than most of them. Yet no one ever mentioned him in the same breath as them.

It's all nostalgia. People look back at the past with rose tinted glasses and moan about the present. In 15 years time people will look back and see that Rollins was one of the best to ever do it, maybe even the best full stop.

I do agree that Seth is a modern day legend and probably as good as HHH.

He fills that HHH role just as good as HHH did in the past.

The rose-coloured glasses argument isn’t true, though.

At the time, someone like Bret Hart was legitimately adored and beloved by crowds all over the world.

Crowds LOVED those guys in the moment, and still do.

Practically no modern wrestler is loved by today’s crowds. Not for long, at least.

The reasons for that are not Seth’s fault.

In 1996, Seth wouldn’t have had twitter, for example. The illusion of who we think he is... is shattered.

I think only Moxley has any mystique by allowing us to believe he’s legitimately like the character he portrays. I can buy into the kayfabe with him, but not with Seth.

Seth is a great performer who looks like he’s performing the lines written for him. Anything good he does is WWE, and anything bad he does is WWE.

Bret/Shawn/etc were great wrestlers who looked like they were wrestling by their own free will.

People attributed their behaviour to them.

That’s the difference. Hard to do that in the WWE environment today.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,398 Posts
Rollins has the worst fanbase ever.

The guys an untalented joke. Literally all he can do is spots.

The guy still has no personality, anti charisma, no ability to show any kind of human emotion, no promos skills, cant sell, has no ring psychology, literally all he can do is spots. Its disgusting that his fans would compare him to truly great Pro Wrestlers.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Rollins has the worst fanbase ever.

The guys an untalented joke. Literally all he can do is spots.

The guy still has no personality, anti charisma, no ability to show any kind of human emotion, no promos skills, cant sell, has no ring psychology, literally all he can do is spots. Its disgusting that his fans would compare him to truly great Pro Wrestlers.
If all he can do is spots then why has Dave Meltzer rated so many of his matches 4 stars or more and why did he win the PWI Wrestler of the Year award?

No promo skills? Are you kidding. His promos since turning heel have been the best in years. He is the best promo in the industry at the moment.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I know you're a troll and this is a troll thread, but more well rounded than the Rock? Lmfao.
Rollins is great on promos, a good look, a good draw, and great in the ring. He can do it all.

The Rock wasn't very good in the ring.

Rollins is therefore more complete.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Can you knock it off with the ridiculous hyperbole and with your unnecessary comparisons, OP?
What is ridiculous about them?

I never said Austin, Rock or Bryan were not greats.

I just said that Rollins is just as good as them.

How is that hyperbole?

·
15,398 Posts
If all he can do is spots then why has Dave Meltzer rated so many of his matches 4 stars or more and why did he win the PWI Wrestler of the Year award?

No promo skills? Are you kidding. His promos since turning heel have been the best in years. He is the best promo in the industry at the moment.
Did you vomit when you typed such shite?

Rollins matches are rated highly because short attention span smarks go crazy for nonsense spot fest matches.

Rollins wouldn't even be in the top 50 promos even in this shithouse Era of no talent geeks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Did you vomit when you typed such shite?

Rollins matches are rated highly because short attention span smarks go crazy for nonsense spot fest matches.

Rollins wouldn't even be in the top 50 promos even in this shithouse Era of no talent geeks.
Why do you still watch WWE?

If you can't accept that Rollins is a great in ring performer then there is no hope for you I am afraid.

·
15,398 Posts
Why do you still watch WWE?

If you can't accept that Rollins is a great in ring performer then there is no hope for you I am afraid.
I barely do watch WWE. But I watch for Miz and Sasha and thats about it.

Rollins is garbage. But hey at least you've whittled your defence of his talents down to just his ringwork, the only thing he does have and even then he's so horrifically flawed as an in ring performer.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I barely do watch WWE. But I watch for Miz and Sasha and thats about it.

Rollins is garbage. But hey at least you've whittled your defence of his talents down to just his ringwork, the only thing he does have and even then he's so horrifically flawed as an in ring performer.
Rollins is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Miz and Sasha Banks. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better.

At least we can debate who is better out of Austin and Rollins (spoiler they are about even). Or who is better out of Bryan and Rollins (spoiler it's Rollins)

No one can seriously claim that Miz is better than Rollins.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts

What did I just read 😂😂😂😂

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
What if Rollins had been in the attitude era and Austin/Rock in today's era?

I think we would view all three very differently.

Rollins would be the legend who set box office records. Austin and Rock would be the new kids who can't cut it.
Austin and rock where the main reasons why wwe seth box office records not the other way round.

61 - 80 of 153 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.