Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rollins is just as good as Austin, Rock, Hogan, Hart, Bryan, and Michaels. He's actually better than most of them. Yet no one ever mentioned him in the same breath as them.

It's all nostalgia. People look back at the past with rose tinted glasses and moan about the present. In 15 years time people will look back and see that Rollins was one of the best to ever do it, maybe even the best full stop.

It's just annoying that he's not getting his due credit in the moment.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Kentucky 34" who joined one day ago.

Gee, I wonder if this is a troll or not.

:LOL:
Do you disagree that Rollins isn't one of the best to ever do it?

Look at what he's done.

- x 2 WWE Champ - x 2 Universal Champ - x 2 IC Champ - x 1 US Champ - x 1 NXT Champ - x 6 Tag Champ - 2019 Royal Rumble winner - Mr MITB 2014 - 9x Slammy Winner - 2k18 Cover Star- 2x PWI Wrestler Of The Year -Triple Crown Champion - Grand Slam Champion - 3x Double Champion - 1x Triple Champion

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More like the Monday Night Moron.
The same moron who has carried the company on his back the past 5 years?

The same moron who has had the best matches on PPV the past 5 years?

The same moron who has been the biggest draw in the industry the past 5 years?

Rollins has been on top for longer than Austin, Bryan, and Rock ever were. Where is his credit?

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,208 Posts
I don't disagree that people tend to look at the past with rose tinted glasses but it's laughable that Rollins would be compared to the like of The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin, two wrestlers who helped revolutionize the wrestling business and were insanely charismatic. Rollins would have been a mid carder in their time.

Reactions: Whoanma

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't disagree that people tend to look at the past with rose tinted glasses but it's laughable that Rollins would be compared to the like of The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin, two wrestlers who helped revolutionize the wrestling business and were insanely charismatic. Rollins would have been a mid carder in their time.
What if Rollins had been in the attitude era and Austin/Rock in today's era?

I think we would view all three very differently.

Rollins would be the legend who set box office records. Austin and Rock would be the new kids who can't cut it.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,208 Posts

Rollins would be the legend who set box office records. Austin and Rock would be the new kids who can't cut it.
That's a very big if. What helped Austin and The Rock was their charisma. Their ability to connect with the fans and get over. You just can't teach that type of charisma. Sure booking helped them but assuming Rock and Austin were able to build a level of trust with Vince McMahon and were given some freedom they could definitely get over in this era. Rollins on the other hand would have a harder time of it during the attitude era. I don't think he has the charisma to become a huge star like Austin and The Rock. He might have a chance of becoming like Triple H but to be an actual top star who can move ratings and draw crowds? I don think so.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's a very big if. What helped Austin and The Rock was their charisma. Their ability to connect with the fans and get over. You just can't teach that type of charisma. Sure booking helped them but assuming Rock and Austin were able to build a level of trust with Vince McMahon and were given some freedom they could definitely get over in this era. Rollins on the other hand would have a harder time of it during the attitude era. I don't think he has the charisma to become a huge star like Austin and The Rock. He might have a chance of becoming like Triple H but to be an actual top star who can move ratings and draw crowds. I don think so.
Have you not seen Rollins' character work since January. He's the best performer in the industry.

To say Rollins doesn't have Austin's charisma is laughable.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
The same moron who has carried the company on his back the past 5 years?

The same moron who has had the best matches on PPV the past 5 years?

The same moron who has been the biggest draw in the industry the past 5 years?

Rollins has been on top for longer than Austin, Bryan, and Rock ever were. Where is his credit?
Yet the ratings are in the toilet?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yet the ratings are in the toilet?
TV isn't as popular as it once was. Rollins is drawing just as well as anyone else would in his position.

Rollins' only weakness is bad booking. Same with Austin. Do you remember when they booked him as The Ringmaster?

·
Justice 4 Asuka
1,469 Posts
Rollins is just as good as Austin, Rock, Hogan, Hart, Bryan, and Michaels. He's actually better than most of them. Yet no one ever mentioned him in the same breath as them.

It's all nostalgia. People look back at the past with rose tinted glasses and moan about the present. In 15 years time people will look back and see that Rollins was one of the best to ever do it, maybe even the best full stop.

It's just annoying that he's not getting his due credit in the moment.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts

Hard to completely say what would happen, as a Seth Rollins in 1998 would largely be free to speak without using scripts.

That said, Seth Rollins in 1998 would physically need to be different. He'd have to use "Enhanced Training" and put on about 30 or so pounds of muscle. That in turn would potentially lessen his shelf life, opening him up to various over-muscle injuries. Who knows if an inflated Rollins would be able to do the same moveset as now. Declining to used Enhanced Training would put him in the same boat as Stevie Richards, who was in fantastic shape but very lanky, and thus not as believable when placed against main event talent.

My suspicion is that Rollins ceiling would be a second-tier main event player, such as Chris Jericho or Eddie Guerrero. But not someone who was the cornerstone of the company like Rock and Austin.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.