Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching a classic Chris Benioit match earlier today and was thinking how i miss seeing the rolling German Suplexes in someones moveset. . Angle and Benoit did them so well and i was thinking who on the current roaster do you think could pull them off best? Who would they suit the best? and who performed them best. . Angle or Benoit.

Personally i think Swagger would pull them off pretty well and it would go with his amateur background but also mayb one of the Nexus lot could start to use them?

·
Banned
117 Posts
Now when you say rolling germans, do you mean like Doug Williams' Chaos Theory finisher or like when Angle/Benoit would do a series of germans in quick succession? Personally I don't want anybody else using them like Angle does or Benoit did. A wrestler should come up with their own variation of the German Suplex instead of copying others.

Side note: Chaos Theory owns

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
Now when you say rolling germans, do you mean like Doug Williams' Chaos Theory finisher or like when Angle/Benoit would do a series of germans in quick succession? Personally I don't want anybody else using them like Angle does or Benoit did. A wrestler should come up with their own variation of the German Suplex instead of copying others.
Why? Nothing wrong with adding that to your moveset, it's not really trademarked to a certain wrestler like the f-5 (ie) was. Plenty of people used Germans before Angle & Benoit did, ftr.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
You need someone who isn't too tall (lower centre of gravity) with great explosive power. I dont think anyone in the WWE could pull off one to the standard of Angle/Benoit

·
Banned
117 Posts
Why? Nothing wrong with adding that to your moveset, it's not really trademarked to a certain wrestler like the f-5 (ie) was. Plenty of people used Germans before Angle & Benoit did, ftr.
I don't mind people doing one german and moving on, but when they do multiple Germans in succession I think too many people would associate the wrestler with Angle & Benoit, who may not be the first people to do the move but they're certainly the most recognized for doing it. I can't see too many new people wanted to do 3+ Germans in their matches anyway.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Nothing will beat the Cage match on Raw before the KOTR with Angle/Benoit.

Forget the moonsault and flying headbut from teh top of the cage, Benoit hit ten german suplexes.

And I remember as a kid them having a Suplex competition to see who did them the best, thouhg I can't find the footage.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Swagger could certainly pull it off. It would fit in well, given his amateur background.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
DH Smith does the triple belly to belly suplexes.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Now when you say rolling germans, do you mean like Doug Williams' Chaos Theory finisher or like when Angle/Benoit would do a series of germans in quick succession?
Is it really so hard to read a few lines to find that out? Or did you do that and just wanted to flex your wrestling knowledge with a little alternative?

I think Swagger is the most suited to this, but with him just adopting the ankle lock and people jumping to the THEY ARE TRYING TO MAKE HIM ANGLE theories, I'd rather he didn't.

I was always in awe of this move, must have been pretty harsh to take. Didn't Benoit hit ten straight once against someone?

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Nothing will beat the Cage match on Raw before the KOTR with Angle/Benoit.

Forget the moonsault and flying headbut from teh top of the cage, Benoit hit ten german suplexes.

And I remember as a kid them having a Suplex competition to see who did them the best, thouhg I can't find the footage.
Oh thats nothing, Benoit hit exactly 10 Germans in a row against Austin in a Smackdown match once.

And that cage match is overrated.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Benoit hitting the 10 germans on Austin was ridiculous. I remember watching that as a kid just waiting for them to end, it seemed to last forever.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Probably illegal to do them in todays WWE in case it reminds anyone of Beniots existance for fuck sake

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Hm, I really thought that headbutt is banned...
Maybe it's banned like chops are banned. You know, they've been on TV in matches in the recent past, but WrestlingObserver says they're banned, so everyone believes they are.

Meanwhile, chops most weeks on Superstars.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts