Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ROH star El Generico received a tryout match in a losing effort against Amazing Red.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Oh please god no. I can't imagine how much they'd butcher him. He'd turn into something like Sharkboy or Curry Man.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ Some Fan (currently @ the show)'s twitter acct.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Oh please god no. I can't imagine how much they'd butcher him. He'd turn into something like Sharkboy or Curry Man.
That's what he is actually. Well, as far as his promos go.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
That's what he is actually. Well, as far as his promos go.
He can be MORE than that if actually used right. He'd be a great, upper-midcarder who could bring in alot of merchandise sales if he was heavily marketed, especially seeing as his mask is what makes him stand out. But since TNA doesn't really have a real midcard right now I'm afraid they'd use him like Sharkboy or Curry Man where you would rarley see the guy. And whenever you do see him its to job.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
He can be MORE than that if actually used right. He'd be a great, upper-midcarder who could bring in alot of merchandise sales if he was heavily marketed, especially seeing as his mask is what makes him stand out. But since TNA doesn't really have a real midcard right now I'm afraid they'd use him like Sharkboy or Curry Man where you would rarley see the guy. And whenever you do see him its to job.
I agree. But it's REALLY hard to market him. He's perfect for CHIKARA. Even in his feud with Steen he looked corny.

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
It's called a dark match.

Strong did the same thing months back, which led to the same sort of speculation he was signing.

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,019 Posts
Personally, I think he'd be great in a comedy jobber role for WWE or TNA. Although he is a far better worker than TNA's current champion.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
I agree. But it's REALLY hard to market him. He's perfect for CHIKARA. Even in his feud with Steen he looked corny.
I get what your saying. It may be HARD but it isn't impossible so I still think its worth a shot.

And I feel you on the CHIKARA thing. If CHIKARA had a TV deal like on G4 or something I definitely would prefer him there.

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,019 Posts
I don't think it's hard to market him at all. He's over like crazy on the indies and that's a tougher audience to crack.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Personally, I think he'd be great in a comedy jobber role for WWE or TNA. Although he is a far better worker than TNA's current champion.
I like how you mentioned how good his workrate is because I personally feel the fans will think that hes so fun to watch and cheer for that it would be impossible to keep him strictly as a comedy jobber. I don't think the dude should ever be a World Champ but having him win the Midcard belt or Tag-Belts wouldn't hurt at all. And then you market him like crazy and you're good to go.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Trust me, the indies is an easy audience to tap into. Now mainstream, now that's a hard audience.
That REALLY depends on who we're talking about and what viewpoint we are looking at. Guys like Cena, Kofi, Batista, Mark Henry, R-truth, etc. could never be loved in the indies because their overall workrate is just so subpar.

They are just 2 different types of beasts TBH.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts