Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after everyone giving ROH a moderate thumbs up to me a couple weeks ago; I decided to try out tonight's PPV - got pretty pumped by the idea of a big Steen vs. Davey title match. So I just get home from a long day at work; already paid ROH - and the video screen says "this stream is currently offline. Please come back later." What the fuck? This is not a good way to treat customers, right?

So like, when can I expect this to actually work? Should I just say "fuck this fake fighting bullshit" and watch some movies instead?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where does it say that? Look, I don't mean to be indignant, and I'm not saying "Fuck ROH." I realize they're not a company with millions in the bank. But if something says "Order and Watch Now!" I assume that means I can watch it now. I work 7-day weeks; setting aside time tomorrow or something else isn't really an option. ROH clearly doesn't take care of their customers like they use to.

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Lol no, your just being ignorant. The website hasn't been updated yet as the event only finished 2 hours ago. You can't seriously expect the show to be up already.

And there really trying to take care of there customers after the Stream problems they had to deal with today. They have offered refunds to anyone that wanted one and are also giving away BITW 2012 to anyone that ordered todays show.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ignorant (says the guy who doesn't even know how to use the word 'there' correctly)? I'm starting to think you just don't understand how businesses work. Let's put it this way: I'm a customer, not a diehard, who comes home from work at midnight, logs onto the site, sees 'order and watch now!' (indicating the event has been finished, as if it were from before the event you certainly couldn't 'watch now!') enters his credit information, and sees the stream is offline. I'm a bit of a techie, and trust me: setting up a stream to play both live and on-demand should NOT be challenging for a company of ROH's resources. If CZW can do it, trust me, they should be able to be.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But you did pretty much answer my question - I should give up any hope on watching this tonight (or, as it goes, ever,) huh?

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
Ignorant (says the guy who doesn't even know how to use the word 'there' correctly)? I'm starting to think you just don't understand how businesses work. Let's put it this way: I'm a customer, not a diehard, who comes home from work at midnight, logs onto the site, sees 'order and watch now!' (indicating the event has been finished, as if it were from before the event you certainly couldn't 'watch now!') enters his credit information, and sees the stream is offline. I'm a bit of a techie, and trust me: setting up a stream to play both live and on-demand should NOT be challenging for a company of ROH's resources. If CZW can do it, trust me, they should be able to be.
It oddly enough takes time to put up a replay. No iPPV Wrestling company has their iPPV replay up straight away. And even moreso, CZW don't do there own production. HybridEnt aka Pancoast do there iPPV and DVDs.

And if you can't find time to watch a show in the next year on replay, well then email them for a refund but that seems pretty ridiculous to me.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sorry to drone on, but my point is this: the whole point of iPPV is to allow your fans to watch something live. ROH fucked that up (even Alvarez @ F4Wonline, who used to be the most reliable prowres journalist when I followed it hardcore - I can't say if he still is - has said this is a "disastrous" fuck up for the company,) and since there's now this thing called social media, the results were spoiled for me AS I WENT TO READ ROH'S APOLOGY ON THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE. So yeah, a paying customer trying to read an explanation for why he couldn't watch their show had said show ruined for him on the very page that apologized for him not being able to watch it (had it not been ruined there, I may have held out for whenever - but it also was spoiled by Steen on twitter, so it's really a moot point.) This is amateurism at it's finest - who's running this company? (Honest question)

EDIT: And I did ask for my refund via Facebook already, and I can say with absolute certainty that if I ever feel like watching wrestling again it'll be puro or DGUSA or something.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And it's unprofessional things like this that keeps me (and many others) from being regular fans.

·
Post'n Errry Now and Then
1,709 Posts
And it's unprofessional things like this that keeps me (and many others) from being regular fans.
I can see how it could be annoying. I only ordered one Ippv and what happened stream cut out lol. Used to be a big fan of ROH with The taped PPV's sad they actually cant get a decent stream.

·
Premium Member
44,393 Posts
I am done buying ROH PPVs. After the last one cut out on me I was said "Fuck it". They are never going to get my money again if they can't provide a simple live stream of their PPVs.

Maybe they'll get it fixed, but when I read it happened again tonight, my decision not to order the show was confirmed as a good one for me.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
It seems that Facebook and Twitter are full of really pissed off people these hours. Ouch... Not a good times for ROH.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Update: don't have time to watch the show now (have film reviews to file by the morning,) but I checked the ROH website to make sure the replay was working. Shock of shock: it still isn't working, even though ROH sent me an email apologizing and promising the replay was up to watch RIGHT NOW. So smitlick, you called me 'ignorant' for not knowing it would be up today and not yesterday: care to comment?

EDIT: In fact, even their regular streaming vids are fucked up right now, as I purchased a ringside membership the other day and can't even watch the old-school DVDs they charged me for on-demand access to. I'm now pirating them instead - because it's the only way to see what they've charged me for. When this company inevitably dies in the next couple years, things like THIS are why. I'm TRYING to support this company, and in return they're fucking me. To DailyMotion and tape traders I go instead!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Update: don't have time to watch the show now (have film reviews to file by the morning,) but I checked the ROH website to make sure the replay was working. Shock of shock: it still isn't working, even though ROH sent me an email apologizing and promising the replay was up to watch RIGHT NOW. So smitlick, you called me 'ignorant' for not knowing it would be up today and not yesterday: care to comment?

EDIT: In fact, even their regular streaming vids are fucked up right now, as I purchased a ringside membership the other day and can't even watch the old-school DVDs they charged me for on-demand access to. I'm now pirating them instead - because it's the only way to see what they've charged me for. When this company inevitably dies in the next couple years, things like THIS are why. I'm TRYING to support this company, and in return they're fucking me. To DailyMotion and tape traders I go instead!
Hence; why I said RoH just needs to give up. They just can't get it right and you would think with the company owning them they could at least do better. Makes you wonder how much of it was GFL's fault and how much was RoH's.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts