Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Grudge Tag Team Match: Davey Richards & Kyle O´Reilly vs Kevin Steen & Jimmy Jacobs

Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. The House of Truth (Roderick Strong & "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin)

The All Night Express (Kenny King & Rhett Titus) vs Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin)

Grudge Match: "Die Hard" Eddie Edwards vs "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis

Signed to appear:

- Jay Lethal

- Tommaso Ciampa with The Embassy LTD.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New matches announce, Briscoes vs. The House of Truth or The All Night Express vs Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team can be for the ROH World Tag Team Titles

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
Explain yourself, considering this is a B show is a good card for now the main is a huge match
B show?

That's a crock, all shows should put on the best possible card. The problem ROH has is there are few new matches and everything seems so old.

One of the reasons why I'm interested in Elgin is because it's new, same with Rhino and Finlay being around. That sort of mix at the top of the card alongside Steen and Davey could be awesome.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
B show?

That's a crock, all shows should put on the best possible card. The problem ROH has is there are few new matches and everything seems so old.

One of the reasons why I'm interested in Elgin is because it's new, same with Rhino and Finlay being around. That sort of mix at the top of the card alongside Steen and Davey could be awesome.
Put on your best possible card in a show that´s not TV or iPPV is pointless

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
Put on your best possible card in a show that´s not TV or iPPV is pointless
No it's not.

TV is a different point all together, obviously, but iPPV's are so far apart in the grand scheme of things that you should still be using Live Events to draw in new fans and establish yourself in a new or underdeveloped market.

Like I said though, some of it is only natural because of the roster and the lack of fresh opportunities. Rhino and Finlay though, like mentioned, will help.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No it's not.

TV is a different point all together, obviously, but iPPV's are so far apart in the grand scheme of things that you should still be using Live Events to draw in new fans and establish yourself in a new or underdeveloped market.

Like I said though, some of it is only natural because of the roster and the lack of fresh opportunities. Rhino and Finlay though, like mentioned, will help.
I don´t get what you mean i guess, put me an example.

·
Registered
11,682 Posts
WWE Raw supershow comes to town two days later. That's going to hurt ROH. I might skip ROH so I can see Brock,Punk and Danielson.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I get what he's trying to say. You always want to put your best foot forward, because you never know when you can make a new fan. Putting on alleged "B-show cards" might not hook someone like an "A-show card".

But then again, it's ROH. If you're going to a show and don't know what to expect, you will probably be thoroughly entertained. A big reason ROH is getting hate is because of their stale World and Tag Title scenes. If someone's new to ROH, they don't know it's stale. They're most likely going to love the wrestling they get from guys like Richards, Strong, Edwards, Briscoes, etc.

And I also think there's a difference between going all-out to make an amazing card, and putting your best foot forward. PWG comes to mind immediately. Even though they're on a tremendous hot streak (And have been since '09, I think), they don't always put out the most incredible on paper cards. I've went into plenty of shows underwhelmed at what's planned, but it's always on the wrestlers to go out and make whatever situation they're in work as well as it can. All the matches listed so far are good but not incredible looking, but all have the potential to be solid at worst.

Now with aaaaaaaaaaaaaall that being said.... that's a little overboard on tag matches. And I'm a HUGE fan of tag team wrestling. But to that point, it should also make the singles matches that are on the card standout more than they normally would.

God, I ramble sometimes. Playing devil's advocate is fun for me, and there's almost always pros and cons to every argument. I hope they make it work with this card.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts