Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me
8,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupidly managed to delete the original thread.

From ROH forum:

Main Show

Bobby Cruise wearing Black and White Tie with a Blue shirt

Eddie Edwards comes down to the ring in street clothes with his arm in a bandage, tells everyone about his injury and He will be unable to compete tonight. Fans chant "flog the Doctors", he then apologizes to the fans.

Match #1- Grizzly Redwood and Bobby Dempsey over House of Truth (Gowen and Elgin)w/Truth Martini said to be very sloppy crowd was behind Redwood/dempsey and didnt really care for Elgin. Finish saw Grizzly hit a top rope elbow on Gowen for the 1..2..3. Following the match Elgin murdered Gowen with a hugh larriat and Umaga style running butt to the corner...Save made my Grizzly and Bobby.

Match #2- Mark Briscoe over Andy Ridge (Trial Series match 4) Fans really behind Mark and throw alot of streamer sfor him before the match begins. Wrestling clinic by Mark then Ridge gets killed all over ringside with some Loud chops! Fans chant for one more chop and Mark throws him out and give ridge one more chop. Ridge finally starts to fight back people are really into this match Mark hits the Cut Throat Driver for the win. Aedroth said he was more impressed with Ridge then Elgin.

Match #3- Sara Del Rey W/ Hagadorn and the Kings of Wrestling over Jamila Craft (he said a masked lady idk if Craft wears a mask or not.) via piledriver.

Match #4- All Night Express vs. El Generico and Colt Cabana (Dont know if there is a real reason beside the injury to Eddie). Generico with an All black mask. Reports are Generico is not really himself No Olie no dance no nothing, Cabana is his normal self. ANX with new matching tights with logo. Generico gets tagged in and unleashes the fury on Rhett Titus and ignores a warning from Turner. King catches Generico's Yakuza into a bridging capture suplex...Crowed popped bigtime. Steen comes out and distracts Generico who dived right on to him which allowed Titus to steal the win with a school boy on Cabana. Cabana is exremely angry with Generico and walks alone to the back. Generico teases to unmask.... Aedroth said that he looked lost and conlfused because Cabana walked out. Said he even untied the mask and eventually calmed him self down before walking to the back.

Match #5- Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly over The Bravado Brothers. Good match so far better then there match on HDNET Aedroth says that the Bravado's need to turn heal. O'reilley got everyone on there feet with a sick drop kick to the outside after running on the apron. Pinfall victory for Cole and O'Reilly sick finishing combo which saw a wheel barrow to code breaker to back stabber. (hard to explane but looked great was the text). He believes Kyle picked up the pin.

Match # 6- Homicide over Jay Briscoe- Todd Sinclair out and tons of heat on him! Homicide is Canada's Favorite. Slow start turns quickly into a slugfest. They battle all around the ringside area and up the enterance ramp. Homicide hits the ace crusher and Jay finds a way to muster a kickout. Cide unties his boot then Jay charges him in the corner cide gets the boot up Jay catches the boot and pulls boot goes flying and Cide hits another Ace Crusher for the win.! Aedroth said the crowd was going nuts

Match #7-ROH World Tag Team title Match: The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli) over Kevin Steen and Steve Corino. Steen Wore Generico's mask to the rin prior to the match. Steen on the Mic says that he " Loves todd sinclair and hates paul turner" he also says that he "is better than you because hes not canadian hes quebecer. Steen also rubs it in that he cost Generico a shot at the tag titles by costing him and Cabana the match. (ANX next in lne for a shot it looks.) The match turns in to a brawl and ends up all over the place. Steen has paid local talent to stop Generico from coming out and interfering. Kings are working over Corino. Steen Finally in the ring! He locks in the sharpshooter on Claudio...Could we have new tag champs! Claudio makes it to the ropes! Chris is Awesome chant gets met by steens whity comeback of "im awesome you idiots!" UFO on Corino! Giant swing dropkick combo on Corino followed by a Kings of Wrestling chant! Hero kicks out of Sliding D. Corino with the sharpshooter and steen with the crossface on Hero...Claudio breaks it up with a kick to Corino's face! OUT COMES GENERICO!!!!! he came out threw the crowd but was somehow stopped by the wrestlers that Steen paid! That gives the Kings enought distration to hit a series of Uppercuts and elbows on Corino for the win. Not alot of people saw the finish coming due to Generico distraction. Once all the post match activity took place the crowd went nuts!

Postmatch Steen and Generico are brawling in the crowd!!!! Cary Silkin inforces no Physical Confrontatios until Final Battle. No right to be close to each other and the match will now be FIGHT WITHOUT HORNOR! Fans chant ole and Steen goes nuts!!!!

Match # 8- Ring of Honor World Heavyweight Championship match: Roderick Strong (C) w/ Truth Martini over "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels 60 minute time limit in this match up the building is hot going into the main event lets hope this match blows the roof square off. Main event is starting off really slow still working headlocks at this point. Strong bitch slapped Daniels then bailed to the outside. Daniels was stopped by sinclair which allowed strong to take the cheap shot on daniels...Strong ends up getting Bitch slapped also. Back and Forth continue the slow build. Strong on top working over Daniels back. Strong throws a chair into the ring to distract sinclair then hits a bodyslam on the outside. STRONGHOLD! Very loud please dont tap chant by the crowd. Daniels finds a way to get to the ropes to break the hold. Top rope armdrag by Daniels leading to a double down. Both men pick themselves up at an 8 count and exchange forearms. Fiery comeback from Daniels. Both men starting to empty the tank! They are hitting harder and harder. Daniels locks in the strong hold on Roddy. Strong reaches the ropes to break the hold. Daniels lands a moonsault to the outside on Roddy. Match really picking up speed and intensity. Strong trying for the cheap win by countout. Daniels some how finds a way to get back in the ring and he locked in the koji clutch. People wanted Strong to tap but he was able to get out of the hold. Strong with a superplex. Chop exchange boo for strongs and yays fro Daniels. Strong HITS TRUTH!!!!! as Daniels side steped Strong. Daniels with the angels wings. Roddy kicks out!!!! WOW Daniels kicks out of the Gibson Driver. Urinagi! Strong goes for the BME but gets a boot in the face. Running Sick Kick Suplex to backbreaker combo. Strong wins! He pulled it out!

Postmatch: Fans are quick to leave no heat for Strong after the match. Some fans stay to give Daniels and ovation. Said to be a good main event with some great near falls. People really wanted Daniels to take the crown tonight.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Sounds pretty good. Glad they did the obvious and made Generico vs Steen a Fight Without Honor, looking forward to that match immensely.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I can't see why ELgin and Gowen lost, but i guess it makes sense with Elgin turning on Gowen. I thought he was goign to do that the night before in Detroit. Looks like Truth threw a curve ball at us, and Elgin will be an official member of HOT.

Looks like a good show, but the main event stands out to me. I wonder just how good Strong/Daniels was. These like these two would have really good chemistry in the ring.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Sounds like a solid show! It's unfortunate that Eddie's injury prevented him from having his match with Generico which would have been awesome

I'm interested in how good the last three matches were, especially the main event

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Steen/Generico at FB is going to be a fantastic bloodbath and a great end to the feud of the year, and should main since I get the suspicion that Roddy's holding on to the title a little longer then most think.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Where did my original post of this go? :(

Oh well... I guess I could retype it...

The crowd was super pumped the Kings vs. Steen & Corino, even more so than the main event, although Daniels was fucking over like hell (I shook his hand when he left the ring at the end of the night, YES! God I'm so lame). O'Reily and Cole were also surprisingly over.

Worst match was definately the women's match, at about 1/2*. Utter crap. The rest was either decent to ok, with Kings vs. Steen & Corino being ***1/2-***3/4 and the main event Strong vs. Daniels at ***3/4-****.

Tons of hilarious moments, but the one's that really stood out were...

Todd Sinclair being announced, everyone booing and then one guy in the crowd stands up, and shouts "FUCK YOU SINCLAIR. FUCK YOU." Then he slowly sits back down, without looking away from Sinclair, and outs his glasses back on in epic fashion, still looking completly disgusted with the ref. It was epic, and the entire crowd loved the guy. I'm really hoping it makes it to DVD. It would be worth it alone.

Near the end of the night the announcer was saying that ROH DVD's from 2005 to 2009 were going to be half price(so I picked up two for a cool $20, and also picked up my first ROH t-shirt), and then this one kind of chunkier guy sitting beside me was like "OH MY GOD REALLY, I'M GOING RIGHT NOW THEN!". The announcer heard him so he stared at him for a second and then said "I didn't say anything about burgers going on sale." which got a good chuckle from the crowd.

Another moment was during the main event with Strong and Daniels, they were chopping each other up, and a guy in the crowd yelled "My grandmother slaps harder." with Strong responding "Oh yeah, well where is she." But he kind of mumbled as if he was saying it to himself and Daniels lol.

Finally, still during the main event, some really short lady kept yelling so Strong finally yelled out "SHUT UP SLUT!" which of course started a "THAT WAS AWESOME!" chant.

Overall, I had a blast. Colt Cabana and Kevin Steen are easily the most fun to watch wrestlers when you're looking for a good laugh, and they can easily read the crowd. Steen and Generico feud is like the greatest feud of this year, and this show added so much to it.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Very fun ROH show. That's the kind of show I needed take my girlfriend to. I really liked the main event wrestling wise, but I may have liked the Kings vs. Steen & Corino even more. Steen vs. Generico is NO DOUBT the best feud of the year in any form of sport or entertainment including UFC.

Got second row seats for the Ted Reeve sweatbox show in Toronto this April!

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
It's pretty much impossible not to be pumped about the impending blowoff with Steen and Generico. This feud has been booked to near perfection from the very beginning. Even when people began to expect the Steen turn, it never detracted from where they eventually took it & what they've done with it since.

I'm still not sold on Strong's title reign. I just don't know why. I want to enjoy it. I want to support the decision. And I want for him to have a solid reign as champ. But I just haven't bought into it yet. It's hard to explain.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,993 Posts
The great thing about the Steen-Generico angle is that I was never too hot on either guy before it happened (I particularly didn't care for Steen) but this has elevated them both shitloads and given them the freedom to express themselves.

Props to Corino and Cabana in their supporting roles to. Two veterans, guiding the newer guys and not hogging their spotlight, as it should be.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Very fun ROH show. That's the kind of show I needed take my girlfriend to. I really liked the main event wrestling wise, but I may have liked the Kings vs. Steen & Corino even more. Steen vs. Generico is NO DOUBT the best feud of the year in any form of sport or entertainment including UFC.

Got second row seats for the Ted Reeve sweatbox show in Toronto this April!
Did you buy your tickets for the next April show at the end of the event? Cuz I'm trying to buy my tickets online now and it's not up on the ticket part of the site or the other link they said it would be at.

I'm thinking I should have bought the tickets at the end of this event...

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Did you buy your tickets for the next April show at the end of the event? Cuz I'm trying to buy my tickets online now and it's not up on the ticket part of the site or the other link they said it would be at.

I'm thinking I should have bought the tickets at the end of this event...
I bought the tickets as I got in the door. We were a little late and the front row was already sold out by the opening match. They never put the tickets online right away, it's kind of annoying, I guess.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts