Wrestling Forum banner

ROH "Honor Takes Center Stage" 4/1 & 4/2 Discussion

41578 Views 730 Replies 75 Participants Last post by  LariatSavage

Well since ROH is announcing a bunch of stuff for the 'Mania weekend shows, I figured we could get a discussion thread going for all of it.

Here's the cards so far:

HONOR TAKES CENTER STAGE NIGHT 1 - April 1, 2011
- ROH World Title - Eddie Edwards defends vs. Christopher Daniels
- ROH World Tag Team Titles - The Kings of Wrestling defend vs. Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team
- Final Battle Rematch - Roderick Strong w/ Truth Martini vs. Davey Richards
- Tag Team Challenge Match - Jay and Mark Briscoe vs. Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly
- Grudge Match - El Generico vs. Michael Elgin (The House of Truth Is Banned From Ringside)
- Women of Honor - Sara Del Rey & Serena Deeb vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto & Ayumi Kurihara

Also scheduled to appear:
- Homicide
- NWA World Champion Colt Cabana
- The All Night Express
- The Embassy with Prince Nana

HONOR TAKES CENTER STAGE NIGHT 2 - April 2, 2011
- Dream Tag Team Match - The American Wolves vs. Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team
- Tag Team Challenge Match - The Kings of Wrestling vs. Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly
- Grudge Tag Team Match - The Briscoes vs. The All Night Express
- SoCal Showdown II Rematch - Roderick Strong w/ Truth Martini vs. El Generico
- Special Attraction Match - Colt Cabana vs. Dave Taylor
- SHIMMER Tag Team Title Match - Daizee Haze & Tomoka Nakagawa defend vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto & Ayumi Kurihara

Also scheduled to appear:
- World TV Champion Christopher Daniels
- Homicide
- Michael Elgin w/ Truth Martini
- The Embassy with Prince Nana
News/notes:

- Haas/Benjamin have issued a challenge for the 4/2 show, wanting a "dream match" against --- THE AMERICAN WOLVES!
AND CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

- ROH is bringing in three female stars from Japan's S-Ovation for the weekend:
Ring of Honor is excited to announce an agreement has been reached to bring in three of the top current generation Joshi stars from S-Ovation in Japan! Hiroyo Matsumoto, Ayumi Kurihara, and Tomoka Nakagawa will debut in Ring of Honor during the “Honor takes Center Stage” weekend on 4/1 and 4/2 in Atlanta, GA!

All three of these Joshi stars have competed on events promoted by S-Ovation under the IBUKI banner in recent years, and most recently on their “Joshi 4 Hope” event. Additionally, they currently appear for several promotions in Japan, including OZ Academy and Pro Wrestling WAVE.

HIROYO MATSUMOTO
Height: 5’5″
Weight: 70 kg (150 lbs.)
Hometown: Hiratsuka City, Kanagawa, Japan
Pro Debut: July 2006

Hiroyo Matsumoto is a young wrestler who many see as the future of the Joshi scene. Known as “Lady Destroyer” Matsumoto debuted in 2006 and in her short career has held some of the most prestigious championships in Joshi wrestling including titles in JWP, NEO and OZ Academy. She also has won tournaments in NEO and Sendai Girls and defeated some of the top female wrestlers in Japan. Matsumoto loves to finish off opponents with the Backdrop Driver and Tokaido Drop. During the spring of 2010, Hiroyo made her American debut for SHIMMER, and had the opportunity to battle Sara Del Rey in singles action.

AYUMI KURIHARA
Height: 5’5″
Weight: 57kg (126 lbs.)
Hometown: Tokyo, Japan
Pro Debut: April 2005

Ayumi Kurihara debuted in 2005 for M’s Style and is known for the exploder suplex and uranage. Kurihara closed her 2010 with great success in Japan, making history by defeating Yoshiko Tamura on the final event promoted by NEO, to become the last NEO singles and NWA Pacific Women’s Champion. Ayumi is on her way to being one of the top joshi stars and has dazzled fans with her hard hitting style and passionate drive to be the best. Kurihara became the first of the visiting Joshi stars to work her way into main event status in SHIMMER, after scoring an impressive string of victories against several established American women wrestlers.

TOMOKA NAKAGAWA
Height: 5’1″
Weight: 58kg (128 lbs.)
Hometown: Tokyo, Japan
Pro Debut: January 2005

Tomoka Nakagawa debuted in 2005 in a tag match with Yuu Yamagata against Taka Michinoku and Ryota Chikuzen. She is one of the only female wrestlers to break in with Kaientai Dojo in Japan. Tomoka and Ayumi Kurihara have taken their feud from Japan to both Mexico and SHIMMER in the United States during the past year. Nakagawa is a lady that is not afraid to take liberties with the rules and in combination with Tomoka’s vast array of lethal kicks and bridging fisherman suplex, she is one of the most dangerous women on the Joshi scene. During 2010, Nakagawa formed a very successful tag team with Daizee Haze in SHIMMER, where they are currently undefeated as a tandem.

For the first time ever Joshi pro wrestling comes to ROH at “Honor Takes Center Stage” on 4/2 and 4/1!
1 - 20 of 731 Posts

· Le Champion
18,892 Posts
Well so much for Roddy/Davey. Maybe can get Roddy/Hero instead. It'll be cool to see these Joshi girls in the ring, I'm not familiar with any of them. Insanely excited for Mania weekend as a whole though. It's gonna be off the charts.

· Banned
18,124 Posts
KOW/WGTT, part III and WGTT/Wolves? Oh, boy... Tag team perfection!

· Registered
3,698 Posts
Wow ,didn't expect Wolves/WGTT at all.Hyped as hell for this.

Anyone know these Joshi women's wrestlers?Not fimiliar with them at all.

I'd say we could get Roddy vs Hero or Claudio yet.

· Banned
6,072 Posts

· also known as a BUSTER
13,189 Posts
I can...not...believe they've booked those girls. I'm marking out beyond belief.

WAIT...WGTT/Wolves?!? This is insane. These are going to be my favourite wrestling shows ever and I've only payed six quid each for them!!!

· Registered
8,175 Posts
I was just thinking the other day about how much I'd love to see WGTT vs American Wolves. I didn't think I'd only have to wait a month to see it!!!

I thought we'd see this match a year or so from now. Or at least when and if Haas and Benjamin have had the belts for a while.

ROH is definitely doing a great job building this weekend up!

I'm not familiar with the Joshi stars, but I look forward to seeing them compete.

It would be awesome they brought back KENTA as well!

· Registered
6,714 Posts
JUST ORDERED!

I am so fucking pumped for this show already. The dream tag is going to blow us all away, the Joshi women will bring it and for me I hope Edwards defeats Strong so we can get Daniels vs. Edwards for the World Title.

· Banned
384 Posts
I can...not...believe they've booked those girls. I'm marking out beyond belief.
Me 2

Wrestling excelence = ROH CHIKARA SHIMMER
Events I will attend on my wrestling road trip: SHIMMER 26TH & 27TH MARCH, ROH 2ND APRIL, WRESTLEMANIA 3RD APRIL, RAW 4TH, PWG WINNING 9TH APRIL.​

· Usertitle ist hier
14,188 Posts
ROH is looking amazing right now. The cards, the talent, the return of the Pure Rules match.

On that subject, anyone think this may be a prelude to the return of the Pure Title in place of the TV Title when the HDNet run ends? It'd make total sense to me.

· also known as a BUSTER
13,189 Posts
ROH is looking amazing right now. The cards, the talent, the return of the Pure Rules match.

On that subject, anyone think this may be a prelude to the return of the Pure Title in place of the TV Title when the HDNet run ends? It'd make total sense to me.
Yeah, I think its a little tippy toe into the water, just to test it out. I'd mark hard for it coming back. I'd mark even harder if Mike Bennett won it and trolled the shit out of everyone.

1 - 20 of 731 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.