“Unbreakable” Michael Elgin vs. Moose w/ Stokely Hathaway

#1 CONTENDERS TRIPLE THREAT TAG TEAM MATCH
The Young Bucks vs All Night Express vs The Briscoes

YouTube Exclusive
Cheeseburger vs Brutal Bob​
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

· Working on a novel about about nothing
2,109 Posts
What is the excitement level for this for the ROH fan? I stick my head in every once in awhile but I wouldn't say I'm firmly entrenched in what is going on there.

From the outside, that's where I'm standing, the card doesn't look that exciting especially for a FINAL BATTLE. A good part of that is cause I don't like Jay Lethal one bit. Him being in the main event is a major knock for me personally. Looks like there could be some good matches but as far as making me go WOW I'm not sure if there is anything there. I'm not sure if this looks that much better than a normal ROH event.

· Registered
19,744 Posts
To be honest, I'm a bit more excited than last year. I think it starts with the main event and then trickles down. Absolutely sick under card so I'm down for whatevs.

· Registered
9,824 Posts
Looks good to me. I know many on here will have issues with some of the matches as they have been done at least twice already. For some reason that is a problem for some fans. To me, as long as those involved are good and they try and do a lil something different each match I am fine with it. It is about a long standing feud. Think Yankees vs Red Sox, Celtics vs Lakers or Wolverines vs Buckeyes.

I went from many options to watch RoH to almost none so I am a bit out of touch. Can someone fill me in on the return of Shelley and how he got on opposite sides from Sabin (beyond the obvious one is a face and one is a heel).

· Le Champion
18,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
What is the excitement level for this for the ROH fan? I stick my head in every once in awhile but I wouldn't say I'm firmly entrenched in what is going on there.

From the outside, that's where I'm standing, the card doesn't look that exciting especially for a FINAL BATTLE. A good part of that is cause I don't like Jay Lethal one bit. Him being in the main event is a major knock for me personally. Looks like there could be some good matches but as far as making me go WOW I'm not sure if there is anything there. I'm not sure if this looks that much better than a normal ROH event.
Excitement level for me personally isn't as high as say Best in the World this year or other Final Battles in the past and that's because I think some of the wrong people are getting title shots. I'm sure Strong/Fish will be a solid workrate match, but there's no backstory to it all so it's easily forgettable. From what's gone on with the tag titles the past couple months, the Young Bucks should be getting their shot after being screwed by the Kingdom so many times. Much bigger story there instead of War Machine. ACH won a 5-match series with Matt Sydal so I honestly think that should've warranted him a TV Title shot, but oh well.

Cole vs. O'Reilly SHOULD be a Fight Without Honor... but it's not. Perfect platform for it. Should be a great match regardless though. Lethal vs. Styles is the big selling point for me. Both have been at their peak this year.

I went from many options to watch RoH to almost none so I am a bit out of touch. Can someone fill me in on the return of Shelley and how he got on opposite sides from Sabin (beyond the obvious one is a face and one is a heel).
Remember how Sabin was the guy in the red mask with the KRD interfering in everyone's matches? Well someone else started to do that and it turned out to be Shelley. He revealed himself in the ring across from Sabin.

· Registered
9,824 Posts
Remember how Sabin was the guy in the red mask with the KRD interfering in everyone's matches? Well someone else started to do that and it turned out to be Shelley. He revealed himself in the ring across from Sabin.
Thanks for the info. Yea I knew someone was doing that and my thought was it might be Shelley due to his history with all 3 guys. I am so glad it was. That is just too sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

· Registered
3,263 Posts

It's pretty rad tbh. I don't know what your expectations are for Final Battle. This card is pretty solid. Jay has improved a lot in recent years. It's better than a normal ROH event. I just don't know what your expectations are. More fresh match ups here than for WK10.

· Registered
5,379 Posts
DAMN that promo was so fucking sick. Jay Lethal is so dam good on the mic. I am actually pumped for this PPV. I'm barely pumped that I got 2 WWE PPV's in 1 month cost.

Royal Rumble is my favorite PPV of all time, yet I rather buy this PPV, than keep my WWE Network.

· Registered
2,801 Posts
I don't think they're ready to take the strap off Lethal but I'd love to see Styles get his first ROH World Title run. That would make AJ the fourth ROH Triple Crown winner, after Eddie Edwards, Roddy, and Lethal.

That would also make AJ a 7-time major world champion (3 NWA, 2 TNA, 2 IWGP, 1 ROH) and six time major Triple Crown winner (5 TNA including 2 Grand Slams, 1 ROH).

If/when Lethal drops the title I'd like to see him go after the tag belts. He'd be the first ROH Grand Slam winner and he could play that up with his current greatest wrestler in the world schtick.

· Premium Member
46,390 Posts
Because he's defending against Elgin at Wrestle Kingdom 10, I am assuming that Lethal is going to keep the strap.

I know that isn't an absolute, but its a fairly safe bet.

· Registered
2,431 Posts
I'll be watching, interested at what they set up for 2016.. if Lethal isn't losing the title tonight, I think he has to hold it until Dallas.. I don't think you go back and put the title on Elgin...

Hope war machine wins the tag titles.

· THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,960 Posts
Definitely will be watching. Hope Cole/O'Reilly gets 20-25 minutes.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.