·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poster: (too big)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30462674/ROH-FinalBattle2013-front2.jpg

Card:

**MAIN EVENT - ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TRIPLE THREAT MATCH**
ROH World Champion Adam Cole vs "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs Self Proclaimed REAL World Champion Jay Briscoe

ROH World TV Championship Match
ROH World TV Champion, Matt Taven w/ Truth Martini vs "The Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa

Tag Team Attraction
The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) vs Adrenaline Rush (ACH & Tadarius Thomas)

STRAP MATCH
Silas Young vs Mark Briscoe

Zero hype for the show whatsoever... I mean, it's not a bad card, but there's nothing exciting about the product in 2013.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I'd like to see Bucks/Adrenaline Rush but everything else on this card I don't really care for.

The main event could be good too but I feel like it should just be Cole/Jay.

Need to see what Steen (Bennett?) and Outlaw Inc (ReDragon?) end up doing on the card. Oh and I guess to see if Hero ends up doing anything interesting, because he'll probably be on this card.

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
I've not watched ROH in a fair while and this card looks really underwhelming...
ROH has been average for a couple of years now. In reality, it all started with Nigel and Dragon going. The impact of those losses, for me and many others, is incomparable. They were ROH, whether fans now want to admit it or not.

I'll admit ROH had a good thing going with Steen/Generico, though. That rivalry, with Cabana and Corino mixed in, was one of my favourite storylines ever. That whole year was just sexy as fuck and that storyline made watching ROH quite easy. Now, not so much, and though some of the talent in this is decent, I can't help but feel ROH is slipping behind in terms of quality and excitement to other professional wrestling brands. NJPW, DDT, PWG, CHIKARA ...

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
The Jay/Cole stuff is good, but I feel like Elgin doesn't belong there and he'll probably lose again in a title match which is not good for him at all... And it's not FINAL BATTLE MAIN EVENT worthy, in my opinion.
Didn't Roddy lose like, 30 title matches before finally, finally winning one? I remember they had W/L records on the old ROH forums and his record was pitifully bad.

Cole is retaining anyway. Longer title reigns seem to be an ROH staple, and they wouldn't put the title back on Briscoe, since that would make him a two-time champion, which also seems to be a company no-no (save Austin Aries).

·
Registered
705 Posts
Didn't Roddy lose like, 30 title matches before finally, finally winning one? I remember they had W/L records on the old ROH forums and his record was pitifully bad.
You say that like Roddy ended up having some epic fondly remembered title reign like he was Dragon or Nigel.

Roddy lost a shit load of title matches because he never should have won the title.

I'd keep guys you actually want to be future champions away from constant title losses. But that's just me.

·
Registered
705 Posts
No what I'm saying is that having him lose a whole bunch before he won was a problem.

Roddy winning was bad, partially because he'd spent nearly a decade being a loser in ROH before he won. (but also partially because he's not very good.)

You don't want to do the same to Elgin if you think he's your next star.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Is that controversial?

Roddy is okay, he's good in tags and stuff.

But he's also devoid of any semblance of a personality or mic skill. And he's small.

And unlike say a Dean Malenko or a Chris Benoit his ring skills aren't enough to make up for that lack of a personality or size.

Roderick Strong is one of the last people who should ever be a face of a promotion. Even a promotion like ROH. Actually he shouldn't be the number 2 or 3 guy in a promotion either.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.