Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 3644 Posts

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,995 Posts
ROH is dumb as fuck for letting Lio Rush, Keith Lee and Donovan Dijak walk away....not for wasting an Omega match on Adam Cole.
I mean, I think ROH is dumb for both of those decisions but that's just me :draper2

Reactions: Natecore

·
Le Champion
18,666 Posts
Not surprised by this 6-man or the fact that Omega will only be in Toronto. Yeah it's dumb but this is no different than the stuff they've always done for these joint shows. Just gonna move on to the next match announcement.

And I'm as well really hoping for Cole vs. Okada, especially if Cole's on the way out.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Well, as I'm going to the Toronto show I can't say that I'm disappointed.

:goldberg

But I'm disappointed in general for everyone else in that it's Omegas only appearance during the tour. Although it was the same thing last year from what I remember. However, with the ramifications surrounding Cole, the Bullet Club and a pay per view on the Friday it's a bit more of a stinger him not being there. I guess that whole "Battle for Bullet Club Supremacy"-thing people were anticipating isn't happening...at all. That's a huge missed oppertunity for Ring of Honor.

I wonder if this means that Cole is hightailing it out of dodge the second his contract expires?

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,995 Posts

In the article from that match

Ospreay is signed to meet “The American Nightmare” a few days earlier
So I guess Cody v. Ospreay at the Toronto show.

Reactions: TJQ and Corey

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Which of those show will be the actual ppv or is it a few events that will be uploaded on roh on demand?

Sorry if its a dumb question, not to familiar with roh.

·
Le Champion
18,666 Posts
Which of those show will be the actual ppv or is it a few events that will be uploaded on roh on demand?

Sorry if its a dumb question, not to familiar with roh.
May 7th - Toronto - VOD
May 10th - Dearborn - VOD
May 12th - New York City - PPV (9 PM Eastern)
May 14th - Philly - TV Taping

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,995 Posts
Christopher Daniels v. Cody Rhodes v. Jay Lethal for the World Title at the WOTW PPV.

Reactions: Corey

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hell yeah @Corey

ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS BULLY RAY & THE BRISCOES (JAY & MARK) vs. LOS INGOBERNABLES DE JAPON (BUSHI, EVIL, & SANADA)

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,995 Posts
Judging by that match, maybe just maybe .........................................

Or Cole's personal dream match (for the PPV)

·
Le Champion
18,666 Posts
First match for the TV taping:

Hell yeah @Corey

ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS BULLY RAY & THE BRISCOES (JAY & MARK) vs. LOS INGOBERNABLES DE JAPON (BUSHI, EVIL, & SANADA)
Son of a bitch, I don't believe it. :lol Gotta eat my words on that one. Should be a fun match.

Judging by that match, maybe just maybe .........................................

Or Cole's personal dream match (for the PPV)

PPV shaping up relatively nicely. Cole vs. any of the big 3 from New Japan (Okada hasn't even been announced yet though right?) would be icing on the cake.
Save

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
^Nice. Havent seen much of Taylor but im a fan of what ive seen. Wonder if its for the title? Goto should be winning either way but it will probably be another great match.

edit:

Just announced :

SO AWESOME!

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,995 Posts

I could cry, thank you ROH. @Corey

The Ace of NJPW v. The Face of ROH :YES

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,995 Posts
Funky perfectly describes that ^ :lol

I need one of these type promos for Cole/Tanahashi :mark:

·
Premium Member
9,649 Posts
Apparently, Cody is gonna be settling down in ROH now and spending most of his time there.

Cody Rhodes, a former WWE veteran and son of Dusty Rhodes, told Sports Illustrated last week that he is ready to settle down and slow down his world travels. PWTorch sources indicate Ring of Honor will be his landing place.

“I’m about to make a decision,” Rhodes told SI. “It’s been really fun to cross all the streams, but at this point I do need to find a new home. That is going to limit all the distance I cover, which includes the work I’ve done with companies like Limitless, Defy, and All Pro Wrestling – there is even a company in Kolkoska, Michigan where I’m wrestling that is called ‘Mr. Chainsaw’. If you see my name on a card and you’re a fan, come on out. I’m not sure how much longer it will be until I’m no longer able to roam around.”

Although he has simultaneously been involved in feuds in New Japan, Impact Wrestling, and ROH, among other indy spots, he will end up focusing on one company and one title.

“For the very first time in my career, my goal of the world title is clearly defined,” Rhodes said regarding his interaction WrestleMania weekend at the end of the ROH Superstar of Honor main event when he challenged Christopher Daniels. “It was an out-of-body experience when I put my hands on that title after the Dalton Castle-Christopher Daniels match at Supercard of Honor. This is the first world title that I’ve put on a hit list. My last year was spent wrestling everywhere, and this was a departure from that. Now my sights are clear and my focus is channeled at absolutely one thing. It’s a nice juxtaposition from the past year, which has been everywhere.”

http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2017/04/25/cody-rhodes-become-mainstay-ring-honor-wrestler-year-free-agency-adventures/

41 - 60 of 3644 Posts