Wrestling Forum banner
4161 - 4180 of 4195 Posts

·
Registered
28,046 Posts
Watched the show from last night today. Overall I would say the show was solid with some real stand out matches.

I haven't been keeping up with ROH but holy shit they're really pushing Brody King aren't they? Dude beat Jay Lethal in the closest thing you're gonna get to Cena vs. Brock from Summerslam 2014 in ROH. I mean it wasn't a total squash but King basically dominated the match and beat Lethal about as emphatically as I've seen someone beat Lethal. And given the result of the main event, you have to think King will be a future challenger/champion soon enough.

I love Jonathan Gresham's work in the Pure Division. The match he had with Bennett was probably MOTN for me. Bennett carried his end as well but everything Gresham does in the ring is just so good.

And then the main event. The match itself between Rush & Bandido was solid enough and I'm happy Bandido is champion. But in terms of making Bandido look like a champion, it didn't feel like they did that at all. I mean for starters Rush hit the Bull's Horns like 10 seconds into the match and chose not to cover. Then he could have hit it again like 5 minutes later after kicking Bandido's ass but decided not to.

And the finish.....I mean instead of just letting Bandido get the clean win after the Fallaway Spanish Fly & the 21-Plex, instead Bandio gets the Roll Up win after Rush was distracted. And then before Bandido even has a chance to celebrate, he gets his ass handed to him again. Again, happy for Bandido, but it felt like they did everything possible for him to not look credible in winning the belt.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
There's no excuse for the Honor Club issues but if you're a subscriber, you can use a Fite TV account that shares the same email address to watch ROH shows on that service. That's what most people who were affected by the Honor Club outage did.
I saw on Twitter last night about 30 minutes in that we could sign in via FITE with our HonorClub credentials. I had totally forgotten that we could do that, so I was able to watch the PPV on FITE.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Watched the show from last night today. Overall I would say the show was solid with some real stand out matches.

I haven't been keeping up with ROH but holy shit they're really pushing Brody King aren't they? Dude beat Jay Lethal in the closest thing you're gonna get to Cena vs. Brock from Summerslam 2014 in ROH. I mean it wasn't a total squash but King basically dominated the match and beat Lethal about as emphatically as I've seen someone beat Lethal. And given the result of the main event, you have to think King will be a future challenger/champion soon enough.

I love Jonathan Gresham's work in the Pure Division. The match he had with Bennett was probably MOTN for me. Bennett carried his end as well but everything Gresham does in the ring is just so good.

And then the main event. The match itself between Rush & Bandido was solid enough and I'm happy Bandido is champion. But in terms of making Bandido look like a champion, it didn't feel like they did that at all. I mean for starters Rush hit the Bull's Horns like 10 seconds into the match and chose not to cover. Then he could have hit it again like 5 minutes later after kicking Bandido's ass but decided not to.

And the finish.....I mean instead of just letting Bandido get the clean win after the Fallaway Spanish Fly & the 21-Plex, instead Bandio gets the Roll Up win after Rush was distracted. And then before Bandido even has a chance to celebrate, he gets his ass handed to him again. Again, happy for Bandido, but it felt like they did everything possible for him to not look credible in winning the belt.
Brody King already did challenge for the title at Final Battle last year but he was presented totally different last night

·
Registered
989 Posts
According to Bryan Alvarez, it look like roh was rushing to finish on time.
During that rush is looks like everyone watching from home missed that Dragon Lee didn't attack Bandido with the rest of LFI and stayed in the ring to congratulate him. Adds some intrigue to Rush/Dragon Lee vs. Bandido/Rey Horus that will main event Glory by Honor night 2.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
This is the wildest of theories I have been tossing around since Bandido won the title at BITW. To me it just feels odd that Bandido would win the title with no real good build unless you had Tracy Williams involved. Is it possible that the "forbidden door" has also been opened up with AEW, which would allow Omega to come in and win the title off of a face in Bandido instead of Rush, which would be heel vs. heel?

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
This is the wildest of theories I have been tossing around since Bandido won the title at BITW. To me it just feels odd that Bandido would win the title with no real good build unless you had Tracy Williams involved. Is it possible that the "forbidden door" has also been opened up with AEW, which would allow Omega to come in and win the title off of a face in Bandido instead of Rush, which would be heel vs. heel?
There is absolutely no chance of that happening.

Ring of Honor wouldn't even put their title on Okada at the peak of his powers. There's no chance they'd look at how the Impact and AAA titles have been treated by AEW and think they'd want any part of that.

It's stupid to put world titles from multiple companies on the same guy at the same time. Always. Because there's no way to get the titles separated again without burying all the others for the sake of one, and in this case that one would inevitably by the AEW title because they have the most bargaining power.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
There is absolutely no chance of that happening.

Ring of Honor wouldn't even put their title on Okada at the peak of his powers. There's no chance they'd look at how the Impact and AAA titles have been treated by AEW and think they'd want any part of that.

It's stupid to put world titles from multiple companies on the same guy at the same time. Always. Because there's no way to get the titles separated again without burying all the others for the sake of one, and in this case that one would inevitably by the AEW title because they have the most bargaining power.
Yeah, just was tossing out a wild ass theory. Either Rush gets it back or they are setting up for Brody to win it next after how he won over Lethal at BITW.

AEW has done a very bad job with the Impact and AAA titles for sure. I am not sure how in the world they screwed this up.

I don't think there is anything wrong with putting multiple promotions titles on one guy, but it needs to be thought out and executed properly. Obviously none of this was executed in a way that made things exciting.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Yeah, just was tossing out a wild ass theory. Either Rush gets it back or they are setting up for Brody to win it next after how he won over Lethal at BITW.

AEW has done a very bad job with the Impact and AAA titles for sure. I am not sure how in the world they screwed this up.

I don't think there is anything wrong with putting multiple promotions titles on one guy, but it needs to be thought out and executed properly. Obviously none of this was executed in a way that made things exciting.
There's no way to do it equitably. That's the bottom line. No matter if it's two promotions working together or seven, one will always come out looking dominant and bury the others if they all put their belts on the same person. That's why it almost never happens with respect to the top titles in different major promotions. Midcard belts sometimes, sure, but almost never major world championships.

I believe either Brody King or Shane Taylor will be the next ROH World Champion. Nobody else makes sense while Gresham is still Pure Champion.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Rush will probably confront Omega at Triplemania next month.

I think Bandido has more options as champion than Rush. Bandido is a better wrestler. He is the PWG champion, the crossover buzz between ROH and PWG will be there. He will be the only babyface champion of the major promotions. Perfect champion

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
God I hope not. The elite already fist-fucked RoH once (2015-2018) and if they came back I’d lose a lot of respect for RoH and despise the elite even more.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Ring of Honor wouldn't even put their title on Okada at the peak of his powers.

Good ppv, I enjoyed most of the matches and I hope they will keep it this way.
I definitely could see Omega getting involved since Rush already said he will challenge him for the AAA title if Andrade doesn't succeed.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I've watched almost no wrestling in the last couple of months or even more. Would anyone recommend me some episodes of ROH with good matches?

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I've watched almost no wrestling in the last couple of months or even more. Would anyone recommend me some episodes of ROH with good matches?
Just take a look here:

The shows have been consistently great across the board. Just click an episode of TV, Week By Week, or Women's Division Wednesday and see which ones have match listings with people that interest you. I can't think of a bad match ROH has put on television lately.

·
Mr Big Shot
229 Posts
Good PPV. Jonathan Gresham is an amazing wrestler.

That Tony Deppin spot on dragon Lee was sick. That dive Canadian destroyer type.

It's my first taste of ROH in over a year and a half.

Delighted Bandido is the champ. Rush character wise doesn't make sense. When he hit him with the bulls horns. Why not cover and try to win, the match within seconds? Stupid thing character wise to do.

I hope ROH gets a good TV deal somewhere.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Only if Gresham would be taller.
He's very good but he looks extremely small when he appears alongside his teammates.

4161 - 4180 of 4195 Posts