Wrestling Forum banner
4141 - 4160 of 4195 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
With Best in the World being the first show in front of fans and the wrestling world opening up in 2021 with WWE releases and "the forbidden door," ROH COO Joe Koff discussed the possibilities of seeing unexpected faces at Best in the World.

“Well, if you’re not a Ring of Honor fan, you’re probably going to see some unexpected. So let’s say that, I don’t think you’ll see unexpected faces, perhaps, if that’s what you’re kind of angling for," Koff told Liam Stewart of Inside The Ropes. "I think what you’ll see is amazing wrestling and that show [Best in the World] is always had changes and there have always been surprises like you say, you know, it’s very interesting when you talk to someone like me, I really don’t know. I don’t know exactly what to expect."
Koff continued by saying, "I like to go to big shows as a fan, and I like to watch it for the first time as everyone is watching it, because that’s the real experience and Ring of Honor is such an experiential promotion and having the crowd back and having the chanting. That’s the one thing I missed in all of these 18 months is the spontaneity of that chanting. Because if you’ve been to our shows, you know that that doesn’t happen unless somebody’s expectation has been met and exceeded. It’s not a script. No one standing around going to chant at a sign that says this is wrestling chant. This happens because the fan has been pleased with what they’re seeing and I can’t wait to hear that first chant. It was that first chant almost 11 years ago that made me believe that Ring of Honor was the right promotion for our company and for me to run. And I can’t wait to hear that chant again. It just I get goosebumps thinking about it.”

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Looking forward to tomorrow's PPV and ROH finally having fans back. If this past week's AEW on the road was any indication, it should help with fans out there no matter what size the crowd is going to be.

My biggest concern with tomorrow's PPV is that there are too many matches (9 on main card and 2 pre-show) and segments booked. Have to wonder if this will be one long ass show and hoping they don't cut too many matches short.

Will we also see any new or returning faces tomorrow night?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Women so far that have received a golden ticket, the tournament starts the weekend of 7/31.

Angelina Love
Rok-C
Miranda Alize
Trish Adora
Allysin Kay
Mazzerati
Willow
Mandy Leon
Nicole Savoy
Max The Impaler
Alex Gracia
Sumie Sakai
Marti Belle
Holidea
McKay vs. Leone; if McKay wins she gets in.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I posted how stupid he looked in his promo pictures in the comments of some Ring of Honor Instagram thread and he responded back calling me a nerd or something.
LOL! Did he really? Shit, he looks like a goofball so he should think before he talks and I can care less that he is a wrestling star.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
And HonorClub has gone down. Everytime Brian Johnson comes out with Black, it keeps on looping for me. Same is happening to others on twitter.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Had to login now through FITE which is working. Wish they would get their shit together on their app. Same shit happens with stupid Impact Plus on the day of their bigger shows.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
This was the best wrestling show of 2021 so far and Jon Gresham is the best wrestler on the planet.

"The Notorious 187" Homicide holds ROH gold for the first time since he lost the ROH World Championship to Takeshi Morishima in 2007.

Deppen and Dragon Lee tore it up.

Everything was great; my only complaint is that the Last Man Standing match needed more time. Should have moved another match onto the preshow.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Last night's Ring of Honor Best in the World PPV drew in the area of 1,250 paid fans with some additional guests and comps in Baltimore, PWInsider.com is told. The PPV was an extremely strong show with a push to ascend a lot of talents to the next level, including Bandido, Brody King, Mike Bennett and more. It is well worth checking out the replay on FITE.TV.

Incredible crowd given the circumstances:
-First show with fans in 17 months
-Tickets were socially distanced and only sold in predetermined pods
-Tickets in the last row of the upper level were the same price as tickets in the first row of the lower level

Without social distancing this could've been one of the best attended shows in ROH history.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Death Before Dishonor will be September 12 in Lakeland, Florida. The finals of the Women's World Championship Tournament will be on the card and it will be the next live PPV.

Tickets go on sale for Honor Club members on Friday, July 16. General public July 23. Prices are $50 for floor seats, $30 for arena seats, $10 discount per seat for Honor Club members.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Last nights PPV was really good. If it wasn't for the stupid HonorClub issues, I would have enjoyed the show even more. It kept looping during Brian Johnsonn and BJ Black's entrance lol. The only thing I wasn't a fan of was Bandido winning the World title. Not sure what the thought was behind this decision, but they probably should have waited and done a better build to it. I know a lot had to do with Rush being so cocky and made sense for the loss.

Gresham vs. Bennett was one hell of a match. Bennett gets a lot of shit, but he proved last night that he has improved quite a bit.

Glad to see that Lee won the title back. I thought a few times during the match that he was injured again, after that crazy ass dive into a Canadian destroyer. Lee had to of bumped his head at one point from the looks of it.

Silas and Woods could have used another 10 minutes. Right when I felt the match was hitting its stride it was over with.

I was a tad bit surprised to see Lethal lose, but honestly I do feel he should either head back to Impact or even AEW. I do feel like he does need a change of environment as he has been in ROH for what seems like forever and has done pretty much everything he can do.

Super excited to see what Chelsea Green will bring to the table in the women's division. She was learning the ropes in Impact and then kind of wasted some of her time in NXT/WWE, but hopefully she will be back on track.

If only Sinclair would just dump a bit more money in the company, I think after last nights PPV they have laid out the seeds for an exciting rest of the year.

Now hope they don't let me down again come Glory By Honor and Death Before Dishonor with damn HonorClub issues. I feel the same way with the monthly Impact Plus specials, always some kind of issues with their service. Both companies are owned by billionaires, they need to get this stuff straightened out.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Last nights PPV was really good. If it wasn't for the stupid HonorClub issues, I would have enjoyed the show even more. It kept looping during Brian Johnsonn and BJ Black's entrance lol. The only thing I wasn't a fan of was Bandido winning the World title. Not sure what the thought was behind this decision, but they probably should have waited and done a better build to it. I know a lot had to do with Rush being so cocky and made sense for the loss.

Gresham vs. Bennett was one hell of a match. Bennett gets a lot of shit, but he proved last night that he has improved quite a bit.

Glad to see that Lee won the title back. I thought a few times during the match that he was injured again, after that crazy ass dive into a Canadian destroyer. Lee had to of bumped his head at one point from the looks of it.

Silas and Woods could have used another 10 minutes. Right when I felt the match was hitting its stride it was over with.

I was a tad bit surprised to see Lethal lose, but honestly I do feel he should either head back to Impact or even AEW. I do feel like he does need a change of environment as he has been in ROH for what seems like forever and has done pretty much everything he can do.

Super excited to see what Chelsea Green will bring to the table in the women's division. She was learning the ropes in Impact and then kind of wasted some of her time in NXT/WWE, but hopefully she will be back on track.

If only Sinclair would just dump a bit more money in the company, I think after last nights PPV they have laid out the seeds for an exciting rest of the year.

Now hope they don't let me down again come Glory By Honor and Death Before Dishonor with damn HonorClub issues. I feel the same way with the monthly Impact Plus specials, always some kind of issues with their service. Both companies are owned by billionaires, they need to get this stuff straightened out.
There's no excuse for the Honor Club issues but if you're a subscriber, you can use a Fite TV account that shares the same email address to watch ROH shows on that service. That's what most people who were affected by the Honor Club outage did.

4141 - 4160 of 4195 Posts