Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 3643 Posts

·
Le Champion
18,661 Posts
tbh, I think the only reason the War of the Worlds shows are selling so well is because of the NJPW guys.
Yeah of course. They should realize that though and give a shot to a bigger venue sometime. If they actually plan the right date for Field of Honor this year and do it the Friday before Summerslam (don't go head to head with NXT or do the show the next week when no one's around), it could be the best one they've had attendance wise. Big if though.

It's the only way ROH gets any kind of buzz most of the time nowadays. :draper2
Is it really though? These joint shows really don't get that much buzz after they happen because of the lack of high profile matches they run. The company has made far bigger headlines when Cabana returned, Cole joined Bullet Club, The Hardys and Bully Ray showed up outta nowhere, and when Daniels won the World Title.
Save

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,977 Posts
BUSHI

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,977 Posts

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
Please, for the love of God, give me Kenny Omega vs. Adam Cole at War of the Worlds.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,977 Posts
Do people really think Cole vs. anyone from NJPW will be a big match?
Absolutely. Cole v. Omega or Okada would be the biggest ROH match in years.

·
Midcard Minivan
6,678 Posts
Do people really think Cole vs. anyone from NJPW will be a big match?
Can't say I'm exactly eager for somebody for somebody to be wasted on Cole, as long as its not somebody I care about I won't be too bothered because chances are I'm not gunna watch the match anyways :lol

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
10,977 Posts
Can't say I'm exactly eager for somebody for somebody to be wasted on Cole, as long as its not somebody I care about I won't be too bothered because chances are I'm not gunna watch the match anyways :lol
Wasted in your eyes, I'm pretty sure there would be plenty including myself to see Cole v. one of the bigger NJPW stars.

And if you're not gonna watch, why even comment about it :draper2

With the way they promoted this shit you would think it was gonna be fucking Tanahashi vs Okada in singles or something :lol
Exactly :lol was very let down by this tbh.

Please, for the love of God, give me Kenny Omega vs. Adam Cole at War of the Worlds.
This is how I would like to see it play out. At the Toronto or even the Dearborn show, we get Cole v. Okada in the main event and maybe Kenny interferes in the match ? Or Cole could disrupt that 6man tag. Something along those lines which puts the final nail in the head for Omega v. Cole at the WOTW PPV in NYC.

EDIT - Nevermind fam ROH is dumb as f*ck fpalmfpalmfpalm

The Main Event at War of the Worlds Toronto stop features a ONE NIGHT ONLY appearance from one of the biggest stars in the world, making his return to ROH! And he won’t be fighting alone!

Like Kenny Omega, this six man tag team dream match CAN ONLY BE SEEN IN TORONTO! Tickets are already moving fast – don’t get locked out. See this HUGE main event and the stars of ROH and NJPW do battle at the Ted Reeve Arena on the War of the Worlds Tour!

·
Registered
870 Posts
Still holding out hope Omega makes a surprise appearance at the PPV in NY. Really other than wanting to go to the Hammerstein because of the history. Omega was the only reason I planned on making the trip. Would be disappointed if this One Night only thing for Toronto is true.

·
Working on a novel about about nothing
2,097 Posts
It's likely a visa issue keeping him off the other shows. Omega is a Canadian who lives in Japan and works for a Japanese company.
And NJPW isn't going to assist in him working a joint show in America. Rather save that for themselves.

21 - 40 of 3643 Posts