Wrestling Forum banner

ROH Discussion Thread

322K views 5K replies 245 participants last post by  3venflow 
#1 ·
Catch all general thread for Ring of Honor discussion. Don't be shy and make your own threads for more specific discussion topics too. Or you can be a rebel and use the unofficial ROH thread.

#2 ·
Signed to appear:

ROH WORLD CHAMPION Christopher Daniels
ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION Marty Scurll
ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson)
ROH WORLD 6-MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS Bully Ray, Mark & Jay Briscoe
New Japan’s Tetsuya Naito
New Japan’s KUSHIDA
Cody
Will Ospreay
Dalton Castle
Jay Lethal
and more!

There's a glaring omission from this list

#4 ·
Mike Johnson is reporting that ROH is working on an over the top service. I'm assuming he means they're finally getting a real app and/or subscription service, and if that's the case, it's about damn time.

In other news:
-Ian Riccaboni has officially signed a contract. Looks like he's the lead commentator from now on. Kevin Kelly will still show up when he's not busy with NJPW.
-Sinclair is re-launching the American Sports Network, this time with partners. May or may not be relevant to ROH.
-All clearance merch on rohwrestling.com is 30% off through April 21
-It looks like the FCC is going to relax and change some rules that would stop the potential Sinclair/Tribune merger. It's not a done deal yet by any means though.

This post has been deleted
#13 ·
Yh, no Kaz or Punisher Martinez yet either. Both have impressed me the last couple of months and could see either as future TV Champions within 12 months. Kaz dethroning Marty Scurll and then losing to Martinez at say Final Battle could work.

If the iwgp WHC gets defended then i could see Adam Cole or Cody getting a shot. If Taven hadnt beem confirmed, i would of loved Daniels vs Tanahashi for ROH WHC.

Im guessing LIJ will probably face Bully & Briscoes for 6 man Championships. Huge fan of LIJ, and would love them to win the titles are get a long reign (which they should of got in njpw.) SANADA, Evil & Bushi would be huge for ROH, even for just a few months. It could then set up a Daniels vs Naito match in the near future for ROH.

#14 ·
I'm not trying to be a debbie downer here but I think you're shooting a bit too high for these shows. They're likely not gonna have any major title matches and if anyone else comes with Naito from LOS, it'll probably just be EVIL. These guys are just too protected for some of those matches to happen. Daniels would never go over Naito or Tanahashi. Don't even think he'd have the crowd on his side tbh. Just simply saying to temper your expectations. History indicates a lot of tag matches and some solid looking singles matches, but not the caliber of ones they could really put together (hence why Okada has came over and faced Matt Sydal, Cedric Alexander, Dalton Castle, etc.). Top guys from both companies will be protected throughout and rarely cross paths in singles.

Iirc in all the years that they've been collabing in the US, the IWGP Title, IC Title, and the Junior Title have all only been defended once on US soil under the ROH banner. ROH Title matches are normally kept to a minimum for these tours or if they do happen it's within a company storyline and doesn't involve the New Japan guys. Think we could see Daniels vs. Cody for the PPV if anything but they might wait on that with the Taven defense being days earlier. New Japan wouldn't give away Okada/Cody this early if they're building him into anything but I guess it's possible we finally see the match with Cole now that he doesn't need to be protected.

They've been doing this whole "building to a bigger match" thing for a long time and they haven't came about. Lethal vs. Nakamura never happened, Cole vs. Okada still waiting on, Tanahashi has never really faced anyone that major aside from maybe Elgin, but hey, things can definitely change!

#15 ·
Thanks for the info @Corey , i dont much about ROH as ive only seen the old shows over the years. This year ive seen Manhattan, 15th & Supercard and last month or so of tv so hoping to see more.

It does sound strange that they dont do at least 1 big match of these shows especially since the ROH title was a big match at Honor Rising.

#19 · (Edited)
@CoreyThe other thread got closed so could not directly respond to your post in our discussion. For the record I am not saying ROH can not book bigger venues. Just that it might not be the slam dunk it seems. It is good seeing sold out or almost sold out so early. However even Supercard had lots of empty seats. Not sure if seats bought and the person did not make it or seats just not sold. I sure hope they can start renting bigger buildings and fill them up.

Reactions: Corey
#26 ·
If we don't get Cole/Okada or Cole/Omega, I'll be pretty disapointed :lol

Not really sure what this is

People are saying it's Cole v. Omega but I can't tell

#27 ·
Please, for the love of God, give me Kenny Omega vs. Adam Cole at War of the Worlds.