1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
ROH World Champion Davey Richards defends vs Adam Cole

Grudge Match for the ROH World Tag Team Championship
Jay & Mark Briscoe vs Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin)

Showdown in the Sun Rematch - 2 out of 3 falls
ROH World TV Champion Roderick Strong w/ Truth Martini vs former champion Jay Lethal

First Time Ever in ROH
El Generico vs Kyle O'Reilly

First Time Ever in ROH
Kevin Steen vs BJ Withmer

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
FUUUUUUUCK!

Briscoes/WGTT... Again?! But they've already booked for the FWH in Toronto. WTF is this shit?

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
And why is Strong/Lethal non-title when Lethal is entitled to a rematch anyway?

Is called feud WGTT lost this last 2 matches against The Briscoes, they need a win here to look like a treat for Toronto.
No shit, genius. And what did Haas & Benjamin do to earn yet another title match?

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
I Think the feud is pretty fine, WGTT are really improved as heels and the idea of the feud is just classic. ("There's a reason for you just a bunch of redneck and why are the WORLD GREATEST")

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Don't understand why Strong won the title so randomly. They were building up Bennett and then Ciampa to take the belt and then out of nowhere Strong wins it. I mean yeah it's surprising, I like surprises sometimes. But...bleh I don't know. Has it been mentioned that Strong is the second triple crown champion in the history of the company? I feel that could be hyped a little more maybe. I thought the embassy/HOT relationship would have to do with Strong winning the belt and presenting it to Ciampa but that relationship was actually about Rhyno, I guess.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They mention that Strong is the Second Triple Crown in every news related him on the website and will shown his match against Lethal next week

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Oh. guess I didn't notice it, the title win felt so random.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Oh. guess I didn't notice it, the title win felt so random.
Excatly. Everything led up to Ciampa taking it from Lethal to continue the feud between the two and now it feels like they just gave the belt to Strong just to have him do something.

And Briscoes/WGTT needs to end. Yeah the promos are fine but when they get in the ring with each other man does is disappoint at best and flat out suck at worst.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
^^^Spot on about Strong. To add on to that it seems that ANX have lost steam ever since Rhett's injury, of course the injury wasn't their fault but I don't know if their eventual title win(if it happens) will seems as big as it would have when they were big baby faces going against the heel Briscoes.

Lost interest in Briscoes/WGTT feud all together.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
The Young Bucks need to win the belts ASAP. I love DemBoys, but they need to go singles for a couple of years. The Bucks, The ANX, C&C, The HOT, TMDK, Team Ambition, Cole & Eddie, etc. The tag division is/could be loaded.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Would post results but so far have only found a couple; it's like the show didn't happen at all.

Kevin Steen over BJ Whitmer
TJ Perkins over Mike Mondo (holy crap TJP got a win)
Jay Lethal over Roderick Strong in the 2/3 Falls matchup.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
I don't think it was for the title since they said at one point it'll only be defended on tv or ippv.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Lethal wins the title in a house show afterr a month? C'mon, dude..
How is it that you have 271 posts, likely all pertaining to ROH from what i've seen, have a top 10 ROH MOTY list, yet didn't know it was non title?

Yes, the feud is just fine and classic, except you guys left off the part that no one has wanted to see it for about 10 months now. Singles matches would have been so much more effective on this show.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts