Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Beyond Wrestling.. check it!
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Get quicker results & more pics by clicking here CHIKARA Hot Off The Griddle

The Colony and Jigsaw defeat The Shard & The Swarm via Soldier ant taps combatant in a really hot match to start. Brawl continues and the rudos run away

Mixed Martial Archie taps Kobolds with a guillotine choke

The Throwbacks defeat Kodama & Obaryion via Touchdown useing his football helmet to get the throwbacks the victory. Veronica applauded for Touchdown.

17 defeats Tianlong in just over a minute with what I assume is a forgotten submission

Young Bucks defeat Arik Cannon and Darin Corbin via More Bang for Your Buck

Intermission (Tim Donst attacks Hallowicked during the break)

CHIKARA Campeonetas de Parejas 3.0 & Spectral Envoy (Ultramantis Black & Hallowicked) defeat Bravado Brothers & Tim Donst/Jakob Hammermeier via Shane Matthews makes Hammermeier tap to the Boston

Grand Championship
Eddie Kingston defeats Kevin Steen after a low blow from Steen for a DQ

Gran Akuma defeats FIST (Icarus, Johnny Gargano, Chuck Taylor) after Akuma rolls Gargano up for the victory. Iron came out and prevented Icarus from using the fanny pack further.

Sara Del Rey defeated El Generico via pile driver

ROH Unity

ANX Kenny King & Rhett Titus defeat The House of Truth (Roderick Strong & Michael Elgin) after ANX pin Elgin with the Blockbuster/Powerbomb combo. Elgin and Roddy at hot at each other. Truth trying to keep the peace. He succeeds.

For quicker results go here: http://wp.me/p1rVA2-46B

Mike Sydal interrupts the make out session between Mike Bennett & Maria
Mike Bennett defeats Mike Sydal via TKO

The Bravados defeat The Young Bucks via Lancelot blocks More Bang and pins Matt. The Bravados got WAY better. Real good match

BJ Whitmer & El Generico defeat Kevin Steen & Jimmy Jacobs via Whitmer puts Jacobs through a table with a super exploder suplex

Back from intermission with RD Evans and Ernesto Osiris in the ring
Evans says Ciampa will finish business with Lethal at Border Wars.

The Colony defeat Jay Lethal, Adam Cole & TJ Perkins via Fire Ant pins Perkins with a cradle that was reversed. Colony looked fantastic. ROH team was very good too.Loudspeaker gets to intro The Colony. Lucha rules, two referees: Todd Sinclair (ROH) and PJ Drummond (CHIKARA). Perkins had a visual pin. Drummond missed it. Shenanigans! Tomfoolery!

Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin defeats ROH World Champ Davey Richards & Kyle O'Reilly via Benjamin pins O'Reilly with Pay Dirt. Teased dissension in Team Ambition.

ROH Tag Team Titles:
The Briscoes defeat Jigsaw & Hallowicked after Jay pins Jigsaw after Mark hits the Funky Bow.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Eddie Kingston defeats Kevin Steen after a low blow from Steen for a DQ

UGH
Pretty much how it had to play out. Steen can't lose at least right now due to the roll he's on, but there's no way he's going to beat Kingston for the title. Show overall went how I expected except for 17 just squashing Tianlong in his debut.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
I was at the ROH show. The whole thing was a huge smark fest like you would not believe it. I was dead tired in like the final hour.

The Steen Match and Richards/O'Reilly vs. World's Greatest Tag Team were my two favorites of the night.

The fans were chanting "Next World Champ" for Kevin Steen. I was in disbelief how a luchador (El Generico) could lift up Steen like he did.

Both Haas and Benjamin put on muscle. Haas got by far the biggest heat of the night.

There were a lot of Yes chants. I ran around the place (and so did many others) doing the Yes impression.

During Intermission, they played the Final Countdown and we all sang in unison. Then the crowd booed badly when they turned it off.

Then they played Cult of Personality and we were going crazy then too. I was able to find a space and do "It's Clobbering Time."

There was the "Wooo" chants whenever there was a Flair Chop.

The whole crowd was rocking it tonight.

Some of the wrestlers are very nice. Before the show, there was a meet and greet and I got Lethal to sign and personalize a photo to me. He was very cool. He even did a little bit of his Black Machismo gimmick, which I asked him to inscribe Black Machismo on the photo and he did.

Richards also was great. He let me hold his belt, which wasn't nearly as heavy as I thought it would be. I took a picture with it. After the show and everybody was walking out, I saw him signing for a couple of kids. So I asked him if he would be kind enough to sign my ticket and he did.

They had these luchador masks and they had one for the Cubs, White Sox and Bears. I took a picture with one in the Cubs one and also I put on Sin Cara's mask and I have a picture with that too.

The one person I really wanted to meet was Jim Cornette, who sadly was in Dayton.

This was my first ever Ring of Honor show and wow it set the bar very high. If I ever go back, I hope to enjoy myself even more because that was outstanding.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I think I saw you dancing around saying "YES!" It looked like everyone had a blast, especially the kids.

The WGTT/Ambition match was by far the night's longest and blandest for me. I didn't know who to cheer for because both teams just get on my nerves. Thankfully there weren't many Davey-being-Davey no-sell moments in this one, so that's something. I dug the Generico/Whitmer vs. Steen/Jacobs tag, that final spot included. Damn, what a sick suplex.

Overall a great show. Can't believe how psyched the crowd went for the Bravados. Guess those few months in Japan benefited Grandma's boys pretty well.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
I think I saw you dancing around saying "YES!" It looked like everyone had a blast, especially the kids.

The WGTT/Ambition match was by far the night's longest and blandest for me. I didn't know who to cheer for because both teams just get on my nerves. Thankfully there weren't many Davey-being-Davey no-sell moments in this one, so that's something. I dug the Generico/Whitmer vs. Steen/Jacobs tag, that final spot included. Damn, what a sick suplex.

Overall a great show. Can't believe how psyched the crowd went for the Bravados. Guess those few months in Japan benefited Grandma's boys pretty well.
I was wearing a striped green polo with glasses. If that is who you have in mind then that was me.

I loved the suplex off the table. That was great. The whole arena marked.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I like the results, from both shows. I predicted Kingston, The Bravados, The Colony, The Briscoes & WGTT winning. Can't wait to see these two shows, especially King/Steen, The Colony/Team ROH and SDR/Generico.

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
Bravados were really good before they went to Japan. Sucks they dropped their heel act before it even got going.

ROH's booking of Jacobs is really bad. Did nothing as a babyface besides walk around with Corino and now he's losing again already after his turn. Poor move to have Whitmer pin him when he's not even a regular.

Elgin and Roddy at hot at each other.
Teased dissension in Team Ambition
Are ROH trying to rival WWE for how quickly they can break up all their teams?

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
"Sara Del Rey defeated El Generico via pile driver" That's all I needed to read! :)

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
I think in both cases is better split the teams, O´Reilly feuding Davey is a Win-Win situation and Elgin feuding Roddy =
I actually agree but in order to make people care about a team being split up and one of them turning you have to build them up as a credible team that people care about. See Richards/Edwards just for a recent example in ROH.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
The Bravados match was such the anomaly for me, as it was much of the live crowd. Honestly, and I'm no where near joking with this, I would pick up the DVD for this match alone. At the start people were chanting, "Who do we root for?" or something to that effect. Both teams were despised. The Bucks got Hardy Boyz chants due to their attire and they had some good heat going, while loud "VOTE FOR PEDRO" and "JUSTIN BIEBER" chants broke out for Lance and Harlem, respectively. However, during some point in the middle of the match, everything came together. It was after Harlem botched a leapfrog, if I recall. He was humiliated, naturally, as anyone receiving "You fucked up" chants would be, but what he did after that was impressive. Suplex after suplex, variation after variation. His offense suddenly was crisp and on-point, the fans all behind him. Every single one of them. Even the people who were cheering for the Bucks switched sides to root for Harlem. The "JUS-TIN BIE-BER" chants quickly became "LET'S GO BIE-BER," louder and louder. It was a sight (and sound, especially) to behold.

I'm not saying it was a match of the year candidate or anything, but Jesus. I never experienced that kind of audience turnaround in any event I've attended or seen. It was like all of a sudden the Bravados went from tacky and directionless to ironically tacky and awesome. Really hope to see a push for them and their swank music.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts