Christopher Daniels Vs Eddie Edwards

SPECIAL ATTRACTION MATCH
Colt 'Boom Boom' Cabana Vs Davey Richards

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH
Michael Elgin Vs El Generico

WOMEN OF HONOR
Sara Del Rey vs. MsChif

FOUR CORNER SURVIVAL
Steve Corino vs. Kyle O’ Reilly vs. Grizzly Redwood vs. “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett with Brutal Bob

-------------------------------------------

Stipulation added to the World Title match

The Homicide and Roderick Strong situation is heating up following the events of last week’s episode of “ROH on HDNet” as seen above! Since then, the World Champion’s “Life Intervention Expert” Truth Martini has had meetings with ROH management in an attempt to make some changes to the World Title bout this Saturday night in Chicago on behalf of his client.

At the request of Strong, Martini has gone out of his way to get ROH officials to abolish the rules and have this title match contested under a No Holds Barred stipulation! Strong was quoted as saying that after the brawl from ROH on HDNet, “You embarrassed me Homicide! You embarrassed me when you stripped me down in front of the world, and now I want to embarrass you! I want to embarrass you in your own world, a world where you obviously have no respect, no class, and follow no rules. Just like the streets you come from Homicide; I want this match to have no rules so I can embarrass you like you embarrassed me!”

ROH officials had been very hesitant to give into Martini & Strong’s request given that they speculate this could be an attempt for Strong to ensure Michael Elgin & Martini can get involved.

Yet when contacted about the stipulation of No Holds Barred Homicide stated, “Hell yeah I’ll take it to the streets Roderick. If you’re brave enough to put your belt up in that kinda match, a match where I’m king, then it looks like Saturday night will be no holds barred; a street fight Roddy….barrio style! And I don’t give a damn if your boys get involved, let ‘em try, cause believe me Roderick, ain’t nothing stopping me from I kickin’ your ass and take my belt back.”

That being said, ROH officials complied, and now THIS SATURDAY on 2/26 at the “9th Anniversary Show” live on iPPV it will be ROH World Champion Roderick Strong vs. “The Notorious 187” Homicide for the ROH World Championship in a No Holds Barred Barrio Street Fight! Order it now at GoFightLive.TV if you can’t be there in person (http://www.gofightlive.tv/Events/Fight/Wrestling/ROH__The_9th_Anniversary_Show/920), or order your tickets now and pick them up at the door Saturday night: http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=201!
Discuss...​
Reactions: bmxmadb53 and seabs
1 - 20 of 213 Posts

· also known as a BUSTER
13,290 Posts
I was expecting it to get physical anyway. Looks like it's a certainty now. A wild brawl is the only way this could hold my interest.

Is there an outside chance of Homicide having some backup btw?

· Registered
181 Posts
Main event looks pretty horrible. When I first heard this was going to headline the iPPV I said I wouldn't buy the event.

KOW/ANE, Briscoe/WGTT and Daniels/Edwards have changed my mind though. Richards vs. Cabana could also be fun.

Who the hell is Michael Elgin by the way?

· Registered
13,940 Posts
Should provide for a better match, but still don't have much interest in it.

And whoever decided that the go-home show for HDNet needed Devon Storm vs. Chris Daniels deserves to be beaten over the head.

· Registered
6,790 Posts
The brawl makes me feel better about Cide vs. Strong. Either way the rest of the card is more than strong enough to make up for an underwhelming Title match.

· copy of a copy of a
4,194 Posts
I was expecting it to get physical anyway. Looks like it's a certainty now. A wild brawl is the only way this could hold my interest.

Is there an outside chance of Homicide having some backup btw?
The thought of a Rottweilers reunion makes me feel good inside.

· Registered
6,790 Posts
Low Ki could very well show up, and it would be good for Cide to have a tag partner. Take one good but still very spotty wrestler in Low Ki and take one wrestler who is rusty (Fuck TNA) but still a good wrestler and team them, that hides any weakness and actually makes them look better than they would ever look solo.

· Banned
18,342 Posts
Daniels/Edwards could be technical masterpiece.

· Premium Member
47,607 Posts
The stip for the main event could actually just make it a messy brawl that bores the shit out of everyone. Could be positive though. I still don't care about it either way. Nothing on the card really has me excited in all honesty. Kings/ANX and Briscoes/WGTT should be both be good but I'd be pleasantly suprised ie either turned out great. Titus isn't good enough and King has too many off days. Davey/Cabana might be really good as Davey isn't in a main event match. Generico/Elgin should be pretty good even if it is a waste of Generico on a big show. Wasn't Daniels/Edwards 2/3 falls supposed to be on TV or did I make that up in my head? That should be good but again not great. Good chance of being the best match on the show actually.

The Mania shows best be supercard level shows. Davey/Strong and Kings/WGTT will be tops but the rest of the two cards are gonna suck if they dont start getting some new names in.

· also known as a BUSTER
13,290 Posts
The Mania shows best be supercard level shows.
Problem is, they can't use TNA guys for PPV shows. So you can pretty much forget about Guns-Kings (with a satisfying finish), Guns-WGTT, WGTT-YBs, Spanky turning up, AJ Styles in his home state, or any of the other possible fantasy scenarios. This is why I feel as though SCOH should stay a DVD release.

Omega, TJ, Melissa and a random ex-WCW guy would be nice though...

· Premium Member
47,607 Posts
I dont think TNA will be as leniant letting Sabin/Shelley go now they're more important to them than when they did ROH and PWG appearances. Bucks are a possibility for SCOH. Puro guys is where it's at though. I'm sure they could fork out the money for one weekend with the benefit of being on iPPV. Omega should be easy to get. KENTA & Marufuji are both back and fit again so could be possible. I dont wanna se Marufuji anywhere near ROH though. Suzuki would be a great change. I'd lose my mind if Omega brought Ibushi over and Sekimoto would be beyond awesome. Nakajima worked well last time and I'm sure he'd be willing to come over. All they need is 2 or 3 big outside names to just put in the middle of the card to have guaranteed great matches.

· Registered
13,940 Posts
Are they doing Davey/Strong the second night? It looked like from the HDNet show that they might try and stretch out the wait for the rematch by having Davey climb the ranks, but if they do that I have no clue who would get a title shot (maybe Generico?). Would love for some outside names to come in for the show, the only lock right now would be TJP if they want him.

· Premium Member
47,607 Posts
Are they doing Davey/Strong the second night? It looked like from the HDNet show that they might try and stretch out the wait for the rematch by having Davey climb the ranks, but if they do that I have no clue who would get a title shot (maybe Generico?). Would love for some outside names to come in for the show, the only lock right now would be TJP if they want him.
Haven't got a clue I just assumed it would be logical to have Davey win the belt on one of the iPPVs at one the Mania shows when they've got maximum interest surrounding it. The latest newswire seemed to hint at Generico being a top contender but that seems random after Strong already beat him. Maybe they'll do Strong/Generico on Night 1 and then Davey/Strong on Night 2. I dunno.

1 - 20 of 213 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.