Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guy's think he needs a new finisher? i mean that kick he does looks all right but to me it just doesn't seem like a finisher, it wasn't to long ago that he was just using that kick as a regular move and guys was kicking out of it.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
The sick kick is a believable finisher in my opinion.

He also has the Gibson Driver,Half nelson backbreaker,Inverted cloverleaf, Strong Hold and the Firemans carry to a gut buster so I think it's perfect really ,he has numerous way to finish a match.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
Stronghold is enough

·
Ramble On
11,105 Posts
I freakin love that suplex back breaker! absolutely sick! first time i saw him do it was vs Tyler at GBH this year. The sick kick looks awesome as well as does every single move the guy pulls off. Hes a machine in the ring. All these moves are buyable to end a match IMO

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya now that i think about it that kick is pretty awesome when he pulls it out at the right time, since he is the messiah of the backbreaker i think he should start finishing his matches with a backbreaker type of move and use the kick as a setup.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Do you guy's think he needs a new finisher? i mean that kick he does looks all right but to me it just doesn't seem like a finisher, it wasn't to long ago that he was just using that kick as a regular move and guys was kicking out of it.
Like so many moves it womes down to the situation. Off the firemans carry gutbuster it works extremely well, it's also a great finish off a distraction of some kind. It's similar in that sense to Tyler Black's superkick, as a move it's pretty crappy but it works well off the bucklebomb. As long as Roddy continues to use it in a way that makes sense within the context of the match I have no problem with it, if it suddenly became a WWE-style finisher it would suck though.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It's as believable as Doi's Bakatare, since it's practically the same, and I see nothing wrong with it. It's much more believable to be knocked out after a stiff kick to the face than by the Gibson Driver or any of his backbreaker variations, in my opinion...

·
Registered
534 Posts
I think he needs to try going through a high profile match without using every single move he has and some twice.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
He also needs to bust out the vertical suplex double knee backbreaker as more than just another move.
***SPOILER ALERT***

Strong just pinned Christopher Daniels and successfully defended his title with that move, it is SICK live.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts