Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not sure what to think of this guy nowadays

he never was that good to begin with, his gimmick was just chops and back breakers

he made a fantastic tag team with austin ares maybe the best roh have ever had but after that he became another bam bam bigalow, another vader, another mark henry, another kane
just a stepping stone and a jobber for the main eventers, an after thought

in all honesty none can say that at any time in any company that he was the best wrestler

dispite 13+ failed attempts he won the belt FROM SOMEONE WHO WAS ON THEIR WAY OUT THE DOOR WITH NO-ONE LEFT TO GIVE THE BELT TO SINCE DAVEY RICHARD'S CAREER WAS IN QUESTION BY THE WAY

i looked at him and thought, "wow, roh are really starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel for credible champs"

yet nowadays everyone is actually treating him like a serious threat, and i just might be myself:confused:

i think that manager Truth Martini is a nice fit for the dude, his promos are getting slightly better and in a way im actually happy that davey didnt win the belt recently, a bit weird

is he just a late bloomer? was he misjudged all this time? or has roh just dropped to the point where it doesnt really matter who holds the roh belt 'cause all the real ROH champs are gone and are never coming back?

·
I like the wrestling parts best!
701 Posts
In the ring, IMO, Roddy has always had what it takes to to be a champion. He has had great macthes with a lot of people and is just crazy consistant with his in ring work.

I just don't buy him as a heel champ, although his whinny "Everyone has done me wrong except Truth Martini" thing I think is working. It will be, at the very least, an easy way to transition into being a face again. With the whole "I was blind to what the Truth was about, I have to work my way back up the card" type of situation after he loses the belt, which will in turn make him a stronger face...

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
Roddy's promos...honestly some of the best unintentional comedy around.
His promos always make me laugh, he doesn't really sound like he can be taken seriously but at least he has Truth with him. Truth does annoy me sometimes but at least he makes Strong look better. I do enjoy Roddy as Champ overall, but I think Eddie should take the belt from him.

·
Banned
10,007 Posts
He's only 27 years old so it's not as if he's a late-bloomer. He's still young and is getting better as most wrestlers do. I don't think he's good enough for the title as he clearly lacks any real charisma or natural mic-ability, but in the ring he's always solid and is a good wrestler. I think if he kicks the cheesy comedy-act manager to the side he'll be a lot better for it. I enjoyed him in the X-Division back in 2005 with TNA and I think he'd be a good hand if they re-signed him.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I enjoyed him in the X-Division back in 2005 with TNA and I think he'd be a good hand if they re-signed him.
didnt roddy and the briscoes have a tna tryout recently?

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
he made a fantastic tag team with austin ares maybe the best roh have ever had but after that he became another bam bam bigalow, another vader, another mark henry, another kane
just a stepping stone and a jobber for the main eventers, an after thought
You say them two like it would be a bad thing to be another Bigelow or Vader. Dont see the comparison anyway but I'm assuming it's putting them in more of a negative light than a positive one.

Haven't enjoyed his title reign one bit so far, largely due to him being a heel. Strong SHOULD have had an awesome babyface run with the belt ideally but then again the world isn't an ideal place.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Strong would get turned on like any other face champ in ROH. Being a dickhead heel is his best character in my opinion. Of course, he was much better at that with the NRC than he has been with Truth. Initially I liked the pairing because I thought it would elevate Raymond and Able, but now that they're both hurt it's just two guys with the same horrible inflection problems and annoying voices.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Strong has improved greatly in promos and is one of the better in-ring performers in the company. I respect him a lot for his efforts over the past year stepping his game up after ROH lost a lot of their top performers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts