Wrestling Forum banner

Rocky

633 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  VRsick
39 in May and just wondering how long you guys think he has left at his peak?

He's obviously in great condition, so possibly until he's 45?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Lucy Snorebush
2,155 Posts
Unless he came back full time, Rock is already past his peak, atleast in the ring. Wrestling is one of those things, like any sport or whatever that involves physical contact where you have to do it to be good at it. He hasn't wrestled for around 6 years, sure he looks to be in the best physique of his life but it takes more than excellent cardio and alot of muscles to put on a great match match.

Could he put on a good match? Sure, probably.

On the bright side, he'll never, ever lose the natural charisma and mic/promo skills which was proven effortlessly last monday.

· Harvester of Sorrow
13,720 Posts
Unless he came back full time, Rock is already past his peak, atleast in the ring. Wrestling is one of those things, like any sport or whatever that involves physical contact where you have to do it to be good at it. He hasn't wrestled for around 6 years, sure he looks to be in the best physique of his life but it takes more than excellent cardio and alot of muscles to put on a great match match.

Could he put on a good match? Sure, probably.

On the bright side, he'll never, ever lose the natural charisma and mic/promo skills which was proven effortlessly last monday.
When Shawn Micheals retired from the ring due to his back injuries, he didn't wrestle for years either, but managed to get back on top form. Granted HBK wasn't in the best shape during his return, and proberly overcame it as time went by. but if The Rock works hard enough to get back into in ring fighting condition he could still have it.

· Lucy Snorebush
2,155 Posts
Rock is undoubtedly my favourite of all time. And I actually really dislike HBK. But you can't compare Rock's in-ring skills to HBK's.

· The Winds of Change
5,604 Posts
Rock looked to be in pretty good shape on Raw...he had been training a lot for his last movie so I wouldn't doubt that he could get back in there and still have it. The thing is the crowd would eat up everything he did if he wrestled again so it wouldn't even matter. Just look at like Flair, and HBK and Taker. These guys are all older but still were able to throw down with the younger guys and get the crowd pumped up.

· Lucy Snorebush
2,155 Posts
Sure, but I was pointing out that Rock would probably never peak again, not that he wasn't able to get in the ring and perform.
I think we both have valid points.

· Registered
87 Posts
Despite not being at his peak, Rocky would ellicit epic face pops for the People's Elbow, Rock Bottom, Layin' the Smackdown DDT, etc. just like Hogan did during the first Rock/Hogan match. He really only needs to wrestle a rudimentary match with whomever he gets in the ring with, tbh.

· Registered
5,561 Posts
I dont think his age has much to do with anything. I would say his body is in better shape than people 10 years younger than him due to him not wrestling for 7 years. Rock never had any real injuries so there isnt any lingering problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.