Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vice City is one of the best Grand Theft Auto games. But, being made in 2002, it is quite antiquated graphically.

I would love to see a remake, with the newest, most realistic graphics possible. The style and atmosphere should be all-80's, just like the original game.

I remember playing Vice City in the early 2000's, and it was really entertaining. I loved the 80's style atmosphere and colorful graphics. It is probably my favorite GTA game. But I believe it seriously needs a remake.

Your thoughts?

·
Standing with The Man
5,985 Posts
if they follow through on their plan to make the GTA game rumoured I'll be happy, using the 3 major GT cities on one huge map that you can travel between hell yes (although latest rumours are saying a Cartel based game set in 80s in Vice City and Rio De Neve (a city based on Rio de Janerio) and I'd even like them to continue with the 3 player interconnected stories as that was a highlight if GTAV for me, maybe have a main character for each city you start out using, have an Act 1 where you play through their individual story and they all join up in Act 2 and travel between cities is opened up.

Remake Grand Theft Auto London.
I'd go for a GTA game set in London

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
rumours are at the moment that they will be setting GTA 6 in vice city (or at least including it within other areas) so the chances of there being a remake is non existent if that is true because that in itself will be somewhat of a remake and they won't want to divert attention from their main game. Rockstar also do not seem to really do remakes, they have done re-releases in the past but no kinds of full on remakes. The likes of vice city stories and liberty city stories were essentially just re-releases on a different console with some changes.

I just want the getaway 3 to finally get made so I can play another GTA styled game in london.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Just set the next game in Vice City.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Naaa, the only concept that I want for GTA 6

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
they could easily remake it within GTA 5 as a piece of mega DLC

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
I rather them do a new one set in Vice City, instead of a remake. But I'll take anything that has that Miami Vice vibe to it.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I definitely wouldn't mind a remake of Vice City, San Andreas, or even 3.

When it comes to GTA 6 I don't want any repeat cities. No "New York City, "Miami", or "Los Angeles". GTA 6 should be based in a new city and Chicago would be perfect given its current reputation and the fact we haven't been in the mid-west yet. They could also bring back the gang aspect that was missing in GTA 5 from San Andreas.

Saints Row 1 and 2 were based on a fictional Chicago and Watch Dogs was actually based in Chicago, but I would love an exaggerated GTA version of that. If not Chicago then maybe Detroit. Especially with Detriot currently being gentrified, they can show the huge contrast between the good and bad spots as well as the abandoned areas giving us places to explore.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
No, I'm getting tired of remakes for a cheap profit. I get that nostalgia is a powerful tool, but Hollywood and video game companies are relying wayyy too much on reboots and remakes these days.
Where is the originality?

I don't want to play the same exact game in better graphics, I want a NEW game with a NEW awesome story.

·
Registered
461 Posts
If Rockstar is going to remake a game I would prefer Red Dead Redemption. PC gamer, so I have never played it.

As far as the GTA series go, I would rather they just proceed with a new location. Sometimes remakes do wonders for old games though, such as Resident Evil 2, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts