Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anybody would like to see this match happening soon?

I know that these two had a bad childhood history together and that was why they never worked a match or feuded in WWE before.

But the last time HBK and Rock ran into each other was backstage before wrestlemania, and they smiled together and also took pictures. It seems like rock and hbk have finally buried their hatchets and would get along now.

So would any of you wrestling fans be down for a Rock/HBK match at WM 30?

It would be great if it happened 10 years ago, but it didn't.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
HBK looks like an ordinary joe with long hair now. Not to be taken seriously in the ring.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Do you think that he can pull off half the moves he used to? The only stars who can still "go" later in their careers are brawler types, because they can still brawl. Shawn had more of a mixed style an likely could do very few spots at 48 y.o.

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
I've never been that interested in a potential HBK/Rock match, but it happening any time soon? With the way Rock has been since his return? ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING WAY. Not even sure HBK could drag Rock to a decent match right now.

·
Banned
5,106 Posts
Honestly, I'd much rather see Cm Punk vs Shawn Michaels or something along those lines. At least I know it would be an entertaining match. Rock just isn't the in ring performer he used to be.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've never been that interested in a potential HBK/Rock match, but it happening any time soon? With the way Rock has been since his return? ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING WAY. Not even sure HBK could drag Rock to a decent match right now.
I think he was just mad about putting Cena over in the second wrestlemania because The Rock didn't want to do it and get heats from the wrestling fans for it.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
That ship has sailed for HBK vs The Rock. If there was time where the match should of happened it should of happened at WM20 perfect time to have that match

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Hell no. Shawn doesn't need to come back to do any former star vs former star matches. If he does come back for a match it needs to be against someone like Punk or Bryan. So much of Shawn's legacy is his in ring work and to risk tarnishing that against someone like Rock these days should not happen.

·
Premium Member
11,426 Posts
I'd rather have Lesnar vs Rock because I don't give an F about either of them, I don't care who goes over, and I'd hate to see them have a full time wrestler job to them, they can beat the sh!t our of each-other and I'd skip their match gladly. Let Shawn wrestle Bryan or Punk.

·
Registered
237 Posts
For those who don't know why they have heat.

"Dwayne Johnson’s issues with Michaels dated back to when he was a teenager. He long harbored animosity towards Michaels because he felt he was disrespectful to his maternal grandmother (Lia Maivia) at a wrestling show she was coordinating for Polynesian Pacific Pro Wrestling. His disrespect towards her incensed Johnson, and nearly led to an altercation.

Their issues persisted several years later when Johnson was a rookie starting out in WWE. Bret Hart wrote in his 2007 autobiography, Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling, that Michaels and Triple H disliked Johnson “intensely.” Both resented him because he was talented and Hart, a political foe, had taken a shine to him. Many believe they were out to sabotage Johnson so that Hunter would ascend to the top before him, since they were both viewed as the future of the company at the time.

Michaels and Hunter conspired to obstruct Johnson’s push in March 1997, who was the Intercontinental Champion at the time. Michaels suggested to Vince McMahon that Johnson lose the title to Hart on an episode of Raw. Meanwhile, Hunter insisted to Hart that he beat Johnson. Their suggestion would serve two purposes — sabotage Johnson’s push and take Hart out of the world title scene. Hart, however, refused to beat Johnson. Hart felt it wouldn’t build heat for his newly launched heel turn, not to mention that it would undermine Johnson. Instead, Hart insisted on a DQ finish, which infuriated Michaels and Hunter."

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Yes. It would be a big money maker and make lots of money for WWE. Why not? It's a dream match. Will the match be good? Probably not. But seriously why the hell not if it's not going to make money? Have it at Wrestlemania 31 (in Dallas) in front of 100,000 people. Have HBK go over. Good time had by all.

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
Rock is as good as done

Michaels is PERMANENTLY retired. No Hogan or Flair-like comebacks for him.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I always wanted to see Brock Lesnar vs HBK. Brock is one of the best big men wrestlers of all time and HBK is probably the best at getting a good match out of a big man.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts