Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they were epic on promos and had very good matches, and they were over as f***, this was the most charismatic tag team of all time, and even though they don't have the longevity of most great tag teams in history, i put them right up their with the all time greats, they freakin drew as a tag team, not often do you have people paying to see a tag team

and they had some huge pops to show for it

no team ever entertained more than this tandum

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
They're definitely up there. Anytime Foley and Rock were in the ring together even before and after Rock and Sock Connection they were awesome.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Once in a lifetime chemistry, not only as a tag team but before that as opponents in and out of the ring, their 98-99 program is one of the best of all time and they had classic match after classic match. Two great actors, doing and knowing their characters to perfection, the most entertaining tag team of all time, no doubt. They were in the parking lot on a SD one time and Rock asks Foley, "The Rock lets you ride in the trunk of his limo and you're complaining?!". Comedy gold in everything they did. That time along with the Rock/Corporation feud was the peak of Foley in every aspect in terms of talent, drawing power and popularity.

·
Banned
4,704 Posts
Great times. Whenever The Rock & Foley were in a segment you knew you will be laughing and be entertained and they never disappointed.

·
Banned
2,080 Posts
Eh.. I dont really think so.

This is your life did huge rating because of the Rock's popularity but I remember people trashing the segment, it was too long, boring after a few minutes, bit cringe-worthy.

The second attempt they tried in 2004 was even worse, totally unfunny & atrocious..

Great times. Whenever The Rock & Foley were in a segment you knew you will be laughing and be entertained and they never disappointed.
Not really.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Definitely the most entertaining tag team. One of my favorite moments between them happens right after Mick Foley is promoted to commissioner of Raw. Mick Foley interrupts The Rock by saying "It doesn't matter" and runs around the ring getting cheap pops from the crowd.

·
Registered
21,660 Posts
It could also be said that they're one of the most over-rated tag-teams of all time, having only had a short run together whilst tag-teams like the Road Warriors, Hardyz & Dudleys were together longer and had far more entertaining gimmicks and matches. I personally enjoy Rock & Sock but thought I'd play devil's advocate.

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
Most entertaining? I put them right behind NAO because NAO had longevity and better moments. But, Rock N' Sock only worked for 99 and even then Rock should've been in the main event and Foley should've been upper mid card or main event also.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
I'd say the Dudley's were pretty damned entertaining too. Right around the period where they were putting Trish/Mae Young/divas through tables with insane super powerbombs.

I love the moment in the ring with Rock n Sock where Rock's glasses fall off and Mankind goes and picks them up and hands them back to him. The Rock says: "The Rock thanks you for that".

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
So not all that entertaining at all. Had a few moments here & there, but yeah. Most certainly not the "greatest", that's for sure. The Rock > Mick Foley all day, every day.

·
Registered
560 Posts
They were more a novelty tag team, not a legitimate tag team like Demolition or something like that. The same thing applies for the Mega Powers, Brothers Of Destruction, and any other team where two established singles competitors were put together as team for a temporary period.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
New Age Outlaws are my top entertaining tag team, but Rock and Sock would be either no. 2 or 3 behind The Outsiders(they were entertaining as hell in WCW).

Dudleyz, Hardys, LOD were all great teams, but not necessarily entertaining. Edge and Christian were entertaining though. great promos and funny.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts