Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
8,766 Posts
They really just let anyone in these days. Who next, Chris Masters?
I wonder how many red reps you've gotten due to this ignorant remark?

You should do some research before spouting stuff like this, you know....

·
Banned
6,709 Posts
The Rock N' Roll Express basically helped create The Rockers. No, they didn't literally, but that's clearly why The Rockers were created in the WWF at the time. It was a younger, more appealing looking tag team. Vince in a sense was right, but they certainly weren't a better tag team than The Rock N' Roll Express. The Rockers never won WWE tag team gold. While the Rock N' Roll Express were the main event of who knows how many shows in North America. Damn, I remember those days. When tag teams were so good they legit main event shows.

·
#BAYBAY
20,083 Posts
Pleased for them. Cornette's also commented:

PWInsider.com reached out to Jim Cornette, one of the Rock N' Roll Express' greatest rivals, for comment on their induction into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Cornette, commented, "The lead story on my podcast this week has to be I was wro....wrooo...wronnnn....wroooong....because I had said they'd never induct either The Rock N' Roll Express or The Midnight Express because we were never 'WWE enough' to be considered. I am thrilled for Ricky and Robert. It's a huge honor for them and it will be great for people to see that footage again. It will be great for those who have grown up and are in the business today, who idolized the NWA talents, as they will get a big kick out of it. Fans who remember us from our first run will be happy and hopefully this will re-educate the modern fan on how amazing these guys were in the ring. It's a tremendous honor for Ricky and Robert and I couldn't be happier for them."

·
Blessed Child of God
2,917 Posts
It's about time!! Really happy to see Ricky and Robert get their very well deserved recognition. I agree that it would be PERFECT if Cornette inducted them, but they would have to pre-tape his induction so they could edit out all the anti-WWE stuff he would say! :lol

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
I don't usually care that much when even wrestlers I like get inducted in the WWE's HOF, but this one makes me pretty happy.

I can't remember the date but Rock N' Roll Express had a killer match with The Faboulous Ones that I adore years back. @Brock @GOD OF CUNT @Yeah1993 ?
I can't remember if I've watched that, actually, unless it's on the Mid-South or Memphis comps in which case I definitely have. There's one on youtube though with no date but it's likely 84-86.

·
Registered
12,387 Posts
You must be a young fan.
Right? At least google them before you make a statement like that.

Congrats to them! Didn't know they were in the WWE at one point.
If memory serves they weren't there long, I think they had a Mania match though... but I might be confusing them with one of the other expresses :p

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
Rock N' Roll Express are in the HOF but NOT The Dudley's, Hardy Boyz, Steiners.

Put in The Dudley's and not some jobber 80's team no one has heard of!
Jobber team? :punkout

And if you want to get technical the Dudley will never be as huge as the road warriors.

·
Scared of My Own Shadow
2,968 Posts
The Rock N' Roll Express basically helped create The Rockers. No, they didn't literally, but that's clearly why The Rockers were created in the WWF at the time. It was a younger, more appealing looking tag team. Vince in a sense was right, but they certainly weren't a better tag team than The Rock N' Roll Express. The Rockers never won WWE tag team gold. While the Rock N' Roll Express were the main event of who knows how many shows in North America. Damn, I remember those days. When tag teams were so good they legit main event shows.
Dude, WWE did not create the Rockers. They were already an established team before they ever step foot in there. By 1986 they were already calling themselves the Midnight Rockers and like the Rock & Roll Express in the south, was one of the popular babyface teams in the north, particularly the AWA where they were a cash cow. The only thing WWE did was drop the "Midnight" upon their debut.

I agree they were partially influenced by the Express but that was a time long ago where there many many rock inspired tag teams and characters including the RPMs and Buck Zumhofe among others.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts