Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Depends what era we're talking about. If Goldberg is at his peak, it's Goldberg/Undertaker by MILES. HBK was never a huge draw and Rock was always there back then, so it would've just been your standard thing like Rock vs Triple H. Of course now, nobody cares about big Bill and everybody has been clamoring to see Rock in the ring for years. He could face Michael McGillicutty today and people would want it more than Goldberg vs Undertaker.

In retrospect, though, it's Goldberg/Undertaker. ESPECIALLY if it's Streak intact Goldberg, because then it's Streak vs Streak and you add a big dynamic to it.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Taker/Goldberg, no doubt about it. It's (w/Taker/Sting) the ultimate dream match for casuals.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
In the WWE HBK/Rock would be bigger imo. Goldberg was never a massive deal in the WWE despite winning the world title whereas The Rock was huge and HBK is one of it's biggest legends.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I think Austin/Hogan might have something to say about that, as well as Austin/Goldberg, but yeah, it's still up there.
Damn, totally forgot about Hogan/Austin!:frustrate

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Austin vs. Goldberg would have been the biggest face vs face match ever.

Rock/HBK would be a better match in 2010 and be a bigger draw because The Rock is a huge draw, while Undertaker is old and crippled and no one gives a fuck about Goldberg anymore.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I guess I can see why with Hogan in Totally Non Applicable Wrestling, it's easy to forget he exists.
Yeah, man would think he occupies the whole air time on Impact, doing his 'brother' promos, but he's barely on TV.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
HBK was never a draw sure but I'd still liek to see him facing The Rock.

As much as I like Goldberg and The Undertaker I'm not really crazy about the idea of both facing each other, dunno why...

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Except Michaels/Rock, none of those matches could have taken place with both wrestlers in their prime. It's such a shame that Michaels/Rock never happened. It would have been massive at WrestleMania XX. Plus, the match quality would have been something.

As for the bigger match, Austin/Hogan is probably the biggest match to have never taken place.

·
"The Sex Tornado"
2,260 Posts
Goldberg vs. Undertaker could still be a big draw in today's WWE but Creative would have to hype Goldberg's past in WCW heavily to get him over with the young crowd of today.

Rock vs. HBK would be huge given that nearly every wrestling fan has been plagued by constant wet dreams of The Rock in the WWE again while every fan remembers Shawn for his epic battles with Taker.

IMO, any of these would be bigger drawing matches:
The Rock vs. John Cena
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin vs. John Cena
The Rock vs. Batista
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin vs. Batista

***I watched the Rock/HBK promo and at the end it shows links to other vids. One is where Rock is at the HOF in 2008 and talks about how he wants to wrestle Shawn and his quote "You're very light. I could pick you up and Rock Bottom you with ease"

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I'd go with Rock vs HBK.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Rock v. HBK would be bigger, because everyone would go gaga about Rocko being back in the ring. I'd personally would like to see Goldberg v. Taker as Taker is probably my 2nd or 3rd favourite superstar of all time and i'm a big Goldberg fan, so that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts