Wrestling Forum banner

Which match do you want to see happen more?

• The Rock vs. John Cena

Votes: 66 80.5%
  • Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker

Votes: 16 19.5%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Mamba Mentality
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it's safe to say that these are two of the biggest dream matches at the moment. Recently, the idea of Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker or The Rock vs. John Cena has received some legit media speculation in the last year. Some people even believe there is real heat between Rock + Cena and Taker + Lesnar which makes the possibility of an encounter more intriguing.

Personally, I'd mark like crazy for either one of these mega-matches being officially signed. However, if I had to choose it would be Taker vs. Brock, preferably at a WrestleMania. I think the media attention would be tremendous from both the wrestling and sports worlds. The Streak on the line against a man Undertaker has never beaten. And not just any man but "The Manster" BROCK LESNAR.

Yes, they had a classic HIAC match together in the past but it would be totally different because the match would take place at a WrestleMania, Lesnar is such a HUGE name and ultra-dangerous threat, and the Undertaker is an even bigger legend now than he was a decade ago. Plus, Taker has the Deadman gimmick and his own submission arsenal (BROCK LOCK vs. HELL'S GATE!) so the match psychology will be totally different.

·
Shocking the Shockmaster
4,558 Posts
Yeah Lesnar/Taker's been done before, so Cena/Rock would be the much better matchup IMO. Plus you'd get some mad promo's from The Rock & Cena.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
i dont care for cena so i picked brock vs taker.
brock is a huge name now and honestly he's one of the few people i can see ending the streak. the only others i can see doin it would probably be angle or the rock. no one else will end the streak.

·
Banned
12 Posts
Cena vs Rock, just for the crowd reaction alone. The place will be rumbling man. We'll have the younger audience cheering on audience and even some smarks cheering on John Cena cause The Rock 'left WWE for Hollywood' then we have the majority of the crowd cheering for The Rock, this can be an iconic moment for the next 10 years.

It'd be mad if they're cheering and they're doing the staredown and they both look to the other side to look at the crowd and Cena suprisinly tries to FU The Rock and then The Rock escapes and does that stare where his eyes are wide open and the crowd ROARS! hahaha.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Cena/Rock SummerSlam 2011 Baby :p

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,685 Posts
I'd rather have Cena/Taker or Cena/Lensar. Those would make me mark the fuck out.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,632 Posts
i dont care for cena so i picked brock vs taker.
brock is a huge name now and honestly he's one of the few people i can see ending the streak. the only others i can see doin it would probably be angle or the rock. no one else will end the streak.
They're not bringing back Lesnar for one night to let him break the streak.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
They're not bringing back Lesnar for one night to let him break the streak.
well there's no way brock is gonna lose to taker if they bring him back. the dude is a beast. and don't tell me vince wouldn't drool to have him back. the guy is raking in the money for ufc now.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
I'm not really interested in Taker/Lesnar tbh. We have seen it before. I'd much rather see HHH/Lesnar which is more of a dream match imo because we never did get to see it. Or even Cena/Lesnar because it would be much bigger than it was before. Out of them all though, Rock/Cena wins easily. Its bigger than them all by quite a margin.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
Just on the premise that I've already seen 'Taker/Lesnar, I'd have to choose Rock/Cena. It'd provide a great atmosphere, to be sure. 'Taker/Lesnar would exponentially be the better match, though.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
'Taker/Lesnar would exponentially be the better match, though.
That's the primary reason I would choose it but you're right the aura of having Rock/Cena for the first time would be electric. More than any other possible encounter.

·
There's only one of me
1,221 Posts
I'd take Lesnar/Cena, just to watch Cena get tossed around like a rag doll.

But, since it's not an option, it's Rock/Cena, and Cena is the heel. He tries to cheat, but it doesn't get him the win.

I know Taker can still fight, but he's just not around much anymore, and while he doesn't have to be carried through his matches yet, he would need it against Brock, or else it would be an awkward match of punches and "Taker strikes" that, really, wouldn't get me out of my seat much.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
Rock/Cena because Brock/Taker has already happened, and just seeing both men in the same ring would be epic. The match would also rake in alot more cash than Brock/Taker because less fans know who Brock is than Rock. Also you would kinda get the same type of feeling that you got with the Rock/Hogan match since both are immortals.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
rock/cena. not even close.

·
Registered
545 Posts
In terms of match quality, definitely Lesnar Vs Taker.

But the feud/build up for Rock & Cena would be nothing short of classic.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts