Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an interesting question.

Now that the Rock is partly back, how will this now affect the reaction Cena gets? Do you think we will hear more heat for him.

Plus there are gonna be fans out there who love both the Rock and Cena. Will you support Cena any less now that the Rock is here?

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'd say that those people who have been booing Cena will do so a bit more - and they may get some more recruits.

Cena fans will have to cheer him louder.

And to an indifferent person, The Rock has made Cena more compelling as a character, so I would say that they would cheer more for him as well.

Overall I think he will pop pretty well, but there could be more anti-Cena chants than before.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I won't automatically dislike Cena because of this.

I assume, especially in the smarky arenas that they will be chanting 'Rocky' in Cena's promos, and have get booed more significantly (although not 2006-2007 levels) if he mentions Rock in a negative light. But for sure more older fans would turn out in the coming weeks, therefore boo Cena perhaps, but the majority of the crowd are Cena fans so not 100% sure.

·
Registered
9,486 Posts
Fans who don't know Rock will boo him..Most fans who left will now come back in support of Rock and trust me, there is a whole lot of them..I've seen/know many who stopped watching wrestling but are tuning in again because of The Rock alone..

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Fans who don't know Rock will boo him..Most fans who left will now come back in support of Rock and trust me, there is a whole lot of them..I've seen/know many who stopped watching wrestling but are tuning in again because of The Rock alone..
Well, I'm pretty sure that by next week everyone will know who The Rock is, and if you know who Rocky is and what he's capable of, you can NOT boo The People's Champ.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
Rock's return gives those that don't like Cena more license to boo him. It will also encourage the 'sleeping' Attitude Era fans to voice their opinions on Cena too. Maybe they didn't hate on him before but they'll take Rock's side over his.

I don't think Cena's reaction will change at all really UNTIL he locks horns with The Rock. They'll both receive mixed reactions then but Cena's will have a whole lot more boos in it.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
if you somehow manage to get the adults in the crowd to cheer (which im sure the rock is one person that can do that) then there's really no competition here, the rock will out-pop cena everytime.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.