Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always like listening to what HHH has to say about Rock. And this is the first time I watched this vid.

Not really a friendship but a close personal professional understanding. HHH didn't like the Rock when he first came in, but all that is in the past, and for better and for worse, they are now really up there and have no reason to bark at one another about shit that happened in the past. 2 talented pros complimenting each other big time in order to become the HUGE names that they are now.

Can't remember if I had heard much about what Rock had to say about HHH other than in his DVD.

·
Banned
584 Posts
Found this from this thread
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/raw/608565-hhh-praises-rocks-return.html

Something along these lines, can't remember completely because I'm writing it as I'm hearing it.

Interviewer: "I think it's amazing too that the Rock is still coming back for Wrestlemania given the fact that he's such a big movie star now he obviously still has his roots entrenched in the wrestling."

HHH: "I've known him since the beginning and it's one of those things there is no... you make movies all day and it's fun I've done them and you know certainly not to the level he has, it's fun and it's great and all that stuff, but there is nothing, nothing, nothing that compares to standing in a ring with 80,000 people going crazy, and it's in his blood he's grown up with it his whole life (something I couldn't decipher) listen he's not doing this for the money, he's not doing this for the fame, he's not doing this for the promotion. I think his last movie he just came out with less than a month ago I think just topped 300 million... he's G.I. Joe now, he's got it all going for him in Hollywood and quite honestly I mean the fact that he likes it so much, he's willing to come back and risk you know he could get hurt, listen it's a physically demanding business and he could get injured, anything could happen, and he's willing to risk all that, because he enjoys it he loves it and I think it's one of those things when he left and he was gone a long time he had to go do the things he had to do but he's always been a part of us in some way. I always thought it was kind of a matter of time he would want to do something once he felt like he had himself established in Hollywood to where it was ok for him to do, it's hard to put down man that it's like if you're in a band that's doing stadiums like the Rolling Stones, why do they keep touring? etc..."

Interviewer: "I can imagine if you're still on top of your game too (HHH interrupts)"

HHH: "Yeah, I mean that's the thing for him you see the thing that's incredible about this match to me is... the Rock Cena match that we're billing as one in a lifetime, it truly is, because if you think about it Rock is 37 or 38 somewhere in that ballpark right? Probably in in the best shape he has ever been in physically all that stuff so he's still at his athletic peak, Cena is obviously still at the top of his game, it's like watching... Rock is from another generation, you know what I'm saying? It's like watching Ali fight Tyson but their both in their prime, that does not happen, it doesn't happen. Years ago Rock fought Hogan, but Hogan you know was in his 50s, and he was past... wasn't the same Hogan from 85, it was a different Hogan and this is still the Rock from when he was at the peak of his business, he is no different, he hasn't lost a step, you can see when he cuts his promos and when he does little things in the ring he's sharp as he has ever been, he's in his prime, wrestling John Cena in his prime."

Little bits and pieces missed out that you can hear yourself.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
I always like listening to what HHH has to say about Rock. And this is the first time I watched this vid.

Not really a friendship but a close personal professional understanding. HHH didn't like the Rock when he first came in, but all that is in the past, and for better and for worse, they are now really up there and have no reason to bark at one another about shit that happened in the past. 2 talented pros complimenting each other big time in order to become the HUGE names that they are now.

Can't remember if I had heard much about what Rock had to say about HHH other than in his DVD.
Yeah seen it, knew it.

There has been hardly anything personal between those 2.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
They have a healthy respect towards one another.
Both started at same time,now both of them have settled well.
Rock is top 3 of all time while HHH is greatest heel ever and top 10.
Rock has become a huge star in Hollywood while HHH is next in line to be WWE owner.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
40 Posts
They're both massive superstars, so I guess it's the same as a lot of the top guys. Mutual respect, even without a particular friendship.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts