Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what happened to roodes character

he use to have the wall street gimnick does anyone know why he doesnt portay it anymore?

and would u like him to bring it back?

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
2 of them - fired. Other 2 - off TV.
still considering the amount of time that has been wasted on them in 2010 is sad when you consider some of TNA's younger talent that barely has been forced to take a back seat

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Even with the Money in Beer Money, he doesn't portray the same character he once did. It's more...watered down. James Storm's is pretty much the same, imo. I preferred old Robert Roode.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Even with the Money in Beer Money, he doesn't portray the same character he once did. It's more...watered down. James Storm's is pretty much the same, imo. I preferred old Robert Roode.
I think the 'watering down' has alot to do with the lack of the spotlight on them. Since the beginning of 2010 Beer Money has just been sorta........there. Their feud with The Guns was great but that was moreso because of the matches rather than any promos or character development. Maybe once this Fourtune/Immortal crap is done we'll see them used more and developed more.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
I kinda believe Beer Money have ran their course, simply because of the amount of heel/face turns they've had. I mean..what else is there for them to do right now? They've won the tag gold plenty of times. They've had matches with every team in TNA. I loved the best of 5 with the Guns, but eventually, because of the lack of teams it's gonna get boring. Both men have a gimmick they can run with a while in the TV title scene. I don't mind if they do stay together, but unfortunately, I don't think there's any point of them being a team anymore.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
I kinda believe Beer Money have ran their course, simply because of the amount of heel/face turns they've had. I mean..what else is there for them to do right now? They've won the tag gold plenty of times. They've had matches with every team in TNA. I loved the best of 5 with the Guns, but eventually, because of the lack of teams it's gonna get boring. Both men have a gimmick they can run with a while in the TV title scene. I don't mind if they do stay together, but unfortunately, I don't think there's any point of them being a team anymore.
I personally think they got one more year in them. Or at least untill TNA finds another good tag-team that can be part of the division. Once Beer Money is out the only good tag-teams that we'll have are Gen Me(And god knows how many times The Guns have fought them) and maybe London Brawling(whenever they show up). I personally would like to see one more END ALL type of feud between The Guns and Beer Money and after that maybe then have Beer Money split up. The problem with them splitting up though is that if you do split them up, your either have to turn one of them face or completely bury one of 'em. Personally I can't see either of them as face so I really don't know how you could do it. Maybe they could split both of them through some type of minor angle and just have them both pursue singles careers as heels sort of like Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
I agree to a point. Unless TNA brings in some new tag teams then two potentially awesome stars could fade away. They dont need to break up they can jst start getting more and more singles matches. That way they can always be used again as Beer Money.

·
Natasha Yi. WHAT A BABE.
7,731 Posts
The thing that worries me is that Storm and Roode will be lost in the mid-card as singles wrestlers, Beer Money as a unit will always be around.

But yeah, they have toned down the "money" part of Roode's character. He still mentions it from time to time though. He's pretty much just Robert Roode out of Beer Money now.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The thing that worries me is that Storm and Roode will be lost in the mid-card as singles wrestlers, Beer Money as a unit will always be around.

But yeah, they have toned down the "money" part of Roode's character. He still mentions it from time to time though. He's pretty much just Robert Roode out of Beer Money now.
Agree with all of this. Storm and Roode just arent interesting enough on their own. Storm might have been before he started the Matt Hardy diet but they are pretty much defined as a tag team now and I dont think they would see the same success as singles guys.

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
He's one of their best talents is Roode. Great on the mic, good in the ring, great look, good face and better heel. He's the total package and TNA should have moved him into the main event a long time ago. The only thing they did right with him was when the Main event scene couldn't fit him in they kept him relevant by making him one half of Beer Money and he's always been good doing that. That's what WWE should do, tag team up guys who lose their place in the cards, but Roode should have been main eventing, certainly after his feud with Booker. What a fantastic talent this man is, what a shame that TNA are too retarded to use their best talent.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Because TNA only has time for people with a future like Tommy Dreamer, Sabu, Rhyno, Hulk Hogan and their world champion who might be going to jail soon

^^. Moron

Roode is apart of comsiderably one of the best tag teams in wrestling right now not to mention there main eventing in TNA with Fortune...

Sorry wheres Sabu? Fuck knows

Tommy Dreamer?? See him from time to time

Rhyno? The guys worked hard for TNA but still only gets a little spot from time to time
Hulk Hogan??? He comes on the show everyonce in a while and barely takes up the time!!
Jeff Hardy is an established main event superstar who doesnt have to go under or abover nobody...

The crap I see from some users.... FACT

1 - 20 of 28 Posts