Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was his gimmick on the indie circuit and was he good?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I'm no expert by any means but I just saw some pre-TNA clips where he was wrestling as Rob Eckos (or something) and to be honest his gimmick was pretty similar. Less of a Jersey Shore rip-off maybe, but still a "douchebag."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dceFYnI2ors

Yeah, looked good to me. That said, I think he's a talented guy - just unfortunately lumbered with a tired gimmick and a partner who is one of the worst wrestlers in TNA.

Looking at the above clip Robbie should maybe try and morph back to his previous gimmick and go less directly for the "Jersey Shore" thing.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
I don't know how anyone could underrate Robbie E. That gut check match probably showed more why Robbie E shouldn't have a job then Silva should and the gimmick has more than worn out it's welcome.

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
I like Robbie E. The problem with him is that he's been given shit opponents and feuds where it's hard for him to shine.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He's been on the indie circuit for years and been using this gimmick way long before the Shore came out. And he's way less of a ripoff on the indie circuit. Guy does have talent.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
they need to let him wrestle with more athletic guys, specifically X-Division, or AJ/Daniels/Kaz. Robbie E is one of my favorite wrestlers, and i personally love his gimmick too.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they need to let him wrestle with more athletic guys, specifically X-Division, or AJ/Daniels/Kaz. Robbie E is one of my favorite wrestlers, and i personally love his gimmick too.
Let him just be Rob Eckos and he has a future.

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
Robbie E HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL IF IT WERENT FOR THAT STUPID JERSEY SHORE GIMMICK

WHICH ISNT REALLY A GIMMICK.. ITS JUST OVER FUCKING DONE... WHY CANT HE JUST BE A CREDIBLE DUDE FROM THE EAST COAST?!

WHEN J WOW , ANGELINA, AND RONNIE ALL WERE IN TNA.. THEY COULDVE HELPED GIVE HIM MORE CRED INSTEAD OF MAKING HIM A JOKE... TNA IS SO FUCKING STUPID SOMETIMES

·
Registered
895 Posts
When he first debuted, i thought he was funny and different and liked his style although he oversells sometimes, but thats ok, considering his gimmick.
But ive become a mark of his, i think he has tons of potential, i dont think they need to drop entirely the Jersey Shore gimmick, just adjust it a bit, he can still be the party boy, the List dude, fist pumping and stuff, but let him show his talent in the ring instead of making him a comedy act, unfortunately we have EY doing that job for now.

*fist pump*

1 - 15 of 15 Posts