Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
7,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like, I'm honestly entertained by the guy both in the ring and outside of it. The gimmick is cool and he's one of few wrestlers in TNA that has a legit personality (even if somewhat over the top while in-ring which can be worked on), but he's just....a great prospect imo. I'm just worried that eventually he's gonna get dropped lol

· Registered
32 Posts
Cookie should be muted!! :frustrate

· Registered
1,535 Posts
He was cool when I met him this past weekend. I didn't even know he was FROM Jersey. He's a gym teacher when not working at TNA. A lot of kids from the high school he works for was there to support him.

Besides that, the gimmick is ok.

· Banned
8,885 Posts
At first I hated this guy but after a couple of months he has really impressed me. He pulls off the gimmick well and is decent in the ring. Oh yeah, and Cookie is hot as hell. What's not to like?

· Registered
258 Posts
Yeah I gotta say him winning the X div title in one of his first if not thee first match in TNA didn't sit right with me. But Im over that now and he's really growing on me. Him and cooks play well off each other I think she's a good manager shouting things like stay on him Robbie and really giving a shit about the match and not just putting her self over really reminds me of the good ole' managers like Bobby and Jimmy. Its a shame Robbie didn't do all that much in the U X match this past Sunday. Seemed to spend most of the match selling outside.

· Shut your mouth and rest in peace!
1,679 Posts
I think they rushed him way too fast into the title picture. He had like, what, 3 matches against Jay Lethal before he became champion? At this point, his whole character comes off pretty goofy. If they changed that up, he could be a legit threat to the division. Make him look like a goofball, but cocky, during promos and outside of the ring, but be all serious business once the bell rings. And no, Im not talking about a new "Jesse and Festus" type of gimmick, but something that would make people take him more seriously, cos as of now, he's being put in random matches and gets beaten up by TBP weekly.

· Banned
2,174 Posts
In the ring is is ver very very average, TNA should only hire the best and he isnt, a publicity stunt at best

· Registered
819 Posts
He's only the best thing in the division because TNA have their heads up their asses and pretty much buried or misused all the X Division talent they had. That being said I don't dislike the guy or his gimmick, it just needs a little bit of work.

· Banned
18,124 Posts
He's good. I'd like to see more promos from him.

· Registered
12,961 Posts
He sucks overall but he the best of the X division because no one else left but him and Kazarian and tag team wrestlers.

This is why I said Joe and Styles needs to go back to the X division full time. Reading the spoilers, we might have some hope after all for the X division.

· Registered
4,651 Posts
Robbie and Cookie are great. I already knew they were both enjoyable, but I was concerned the gimmick would kill them. Luckily, they're good enough to make it work. They will also benefit a lot if TNA starts doing TV tapings out of the Impact Zone, since there are certain parts of the country where that gimmick would be nuclear heat.

· Registered
2,234 Posts
As endearing as his character could be, it wasn't supposed to be credible. It was ultimately doomed from the start because simply nobody in mainstream wrestling is that good of a writer (I have to admit that it would have failed with ANYBODY booking him, not just Russo). The key thing is that he needed opprotunity for character focus and his own character arc without making him out to be a dominant (or even competent) wrestler because a guy as goofy as him COULDN'T be considered a champion at face value without character development. He was the texbook guy who's character needed to pay its dues before starting to acheive real success (whatever morality alignment he was be damned).

TNA decided to go the WWE route that the E' does with all their young heels and made him to be a cocky punk who ends up achiving suprising success in spite of being a moronic braggart that never really proved anything.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.