Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several masked robbers interrupted an early-morning card game in a city coffee shop, striking one patron with a baseball bat and firing a handgun. They made off with about $4,000, police said.

At least four robbers – including one wearing a colorful wrestler’s mask -- held up the Escape Café coffee shop, three of them armed with guns and one with a bat. All wore gloves and black masks except one who wore a mask resembling that of WWE wrestler Rey Mysterio, Jr., said Detective Michael Latona.

“They were playing cards in there, which accounts for the large amount of money,” Latona said. “Whether it was legal or not is under investigation.”

Robbers entered the shop just after 2 a.m. Thursday and corralled patrons and staff in a rear recreation room, forcing them against the wall with their hands up. The robbers went through the victims’ pockets, taking money, wallets and cell phones, Latona said.

One of the victims confronted one of the gun-toting robbers, saying “I know who you are.” The bat-wielding robber hit the defiant victim in the rib cage.

The crooks told the victims to stay in the room. When the robbers left the recreation room, two of the victims peeked out into the main restaurant area and saw the assailants had not left.

The masked men forced the victims back into the recreation room and fired a shot, which ricocheted off the wall and the ceiling, Latona said.

The robbers fled, and one of the patrons called 911. The robbers ran off with about $4,000 from the victims’ pockets, Latona said.

Some of the victims left before police arrived because they were scared, Latona said. The man hit with the bat had minor bruising and refused medical treatment.

Staff writer Deena Yellin contributed to this article.

Soruce: NorthJersey.com
Looks like they might want to get rid of that Mysterio mask at Mania now. Unless they think that a couple of thugs wearing Mysterio masks isn't a big thing to make them want to have Mysterio lose to Rhodes at Mania.

· Registered
7,009 Posts
I know who you are! I KNOW!

- Vic
Yeah, pretty dumb thing for him to say to 4 guys, 3 with guns and one crazy fucker with a bat and a Mystero mask.

Since some of the victims left, then the shop was probably doing illigal stuff anyway, and thus won't recieve compensation.

· Registered
264 Posts
That's hilarious! I can picture it now, three big tough guys walking up, and one wearing a brightly covered mask. The poor victims probably didn't know whether to run for their lives, or just sit there and laugh.

· Banned
3,177 Posts
This is really just adding fuel to the fire for the people already anti-WWE.
Oh, yeah. You already know how much shit the makers of ski masks get for their involvement and encouragement of armed robbery.

Seriously? No. Shut the fuck up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.