• Poundcake (ECW)(1996-1997)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This Is Extreme(ECW)(1997)

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Walk By Pantera(ECW)(1997-1998)

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Walk by Kilgore(ECW)(1998-2001)

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Dam-Nation/Whole Dam Show(WWF)(2001-2002)

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • One of a Kind(WWE)(2002-2007)(2009-2010)(2013-2014)

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Can You Dig It to One of A Kind(Teaming with Booker T)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whole Fucking Show(TNA)(2010-2013)

Votes: 6 13.3%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this edition of the Best Theme series we're talking about The Whole Dam Show Rob Van Dam RVD debuted in the scene in 1992 in WCW where he wrestled under the name Robbie V he didn't become rob van dam until signing with ECW in 1996 he quickly signed with WWE in 2001 during the alliance angle he left WWE for TNA in 2010 but quickly returned to WWE in 2013 during the course of his career he held multiple championships across every promotion he's also the only man to held the WWE Championship and the ECW World Championships Simultaneously he had classic feuds with the likes of Sabu Jerry Lynn Rhyno Triple H Kane Undertaker and Sting he also had multiple themes in every promotion but which one was your favorite?

Personally i Liked his 2 Walk Themes from ECW and Dam-Nation and One of a kind themes from WWE what about you?

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
12,176 Posts
One of a Kind is his best one. That entrance theme is Rob Van Dam's identity.

·
Registered
204 Posts
As an ECW fan, Walk by Pantera embodies RVD.

I get that WWF/E fans weren't exposed to it, and the later music had greater exposure, as did the character.

Van Dam's entrance in ECW was very unique in that it took a LONG time, but he was so over that nobody minded. It also completely played to his absolute arrogant character, pointing to himself, soaking in the adulation. RVD loved him some RVD, and so many fans joined him.

While the WWE version was certainly solid, I'd imagine that in a poll of people who watched RVD from the bottom up would go with Walk. I'm not patting myself on the back, it has nothing to do with me. It's just truly his music. It was an organic choice, not assigned by the WWE.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Walk, no contest. One of a Kind is a good theme, but it was too peppy and fast for RVD after I was used to his more mid-tempo metal themes.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I actually like the TNA theme, at least it got the crowd going.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
Walk by Kilgore and it's not even a contest.

His WWE themes are great too but Walk was on another level. If you've seen his entrances in ECW in 99-01 while coming out to Walk by Kilgore, you'd think RVD was larger than life and well he was ECW's most popular star ever, so for the ECW crowd he was.

Everybody in the crowd wanted a piece of him when he came out. He'd slap hands and high five everybody in the front row sections, show off and talk to the camera with Fonzie by his side, while coming out to that epic theme. It would leave you in awe and give you goosebumps at how over he was back then.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Walk!

That TNA theme is ridiculous lol..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts