Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching the first episode of Raw and this fucker makes the current lot of commentators sound like Jim Ross, he is that fucking awful mind.
Worst commentator ever.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No shit. Thank God he wasn't around for very long.
he was way over his head. I think the WWE just assumed that any personality could instantly become an entertaining wrestling announcer.
His 5 minutes trying to impersonate Mike Tyson made me want to kill myself. What an unfunny cretin the bloke was, he was clearly trying his hardest to make Vince and Savage laugh in that 'give me acceptance' sort of way.

·
Butter My Arse
12,563 Posts
Vince thought he would be funny. That goes to show you how awful his sense of humour really is.

I did get the feeling Savage wanted to smack Bartlett round the head on more than one occasion.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
I have never, in the history of all pro wrestling, hated anyone more than Rob Bartlett. He was brought it to be Heenan's replacement. There are 5 things you NEVER do: tug on Superman's cape, spit into the wind, pull the mask off the lone Lone Ranger, put baby in a corner, and replace Bobby Heenan.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
My god he was awful. It was like your asshole older brother that rubs it in that wrestling is fake and calls you a nerd for watching it, getting to do commentary.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Vince thought he would be funny. That goes to show you how awful his sense of humour really is.

I did get the feeling Savage wanted to smack Bartlett round the head on more than one occasion.
In the 3 episodes I watched there did seem to be a canny few awkward silences after he told a 'joke'. I wouldn't blamed Macho for wanting to hit him at all.

I have never, in the history of all pro wrestling, hated anyone more than Rob Bartlett. He was brought it to be Heenan's replacement. There are 5 things you NEVER do: tug on Superman's cape, spit into the wind, pull the mask off the lone Lone Ranger, put baby in a corner, and replace Bobby Heenan.
As you say, you can NEVER replace Bobby Heenan. And I thought there was a sixth thing you never do...

"You don't ever stab your brothers in the back!"

He makes Michael Cole look competent.
He makes Michael Cole sound like Jim Ross mate

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There's only so much I've been able to take every so often, since I posted this thread I'm only up to Episode 6 of Monday Night Raw... and now he's doing Arnold Schwarzenegger impressions :cry:.

When will it end man!?

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
They get rid of him a week or 2 after mania iirc

The way they write him out is quite humorous

Reactions: It's Yersel!

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,870 Posts
The only good thing to ever come of him were the segments where Heenan tries to gain entry into Raw.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
The only good thing to ever come of him were the segments where Heenan tries to gain entry into Raw.
It's always good to see The Brain, but I kept getting the impression that Bartlett was keeping him out of the company, and it made me sick.

It was worth a try but it was a massively unsuccessful experiment, so glad he got binned off.
I'm eagerly awaiting the episode where he goes, but it's a shame that I'll have to hear more of him before it happens. It's basically Catch-22!

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
that commentator who claimed he was fired cause he wouldn't have sex with pat patterson, wasn't he really bad as well?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
There's only so much I've been able to take every so often, since I posted this thread I'm only up to Episode 6 of Monday Night Raw... and now he's doing Arnold Schwarzenegger impressions :cry:.

When will it end man!?
Guessing you haven't heard his Elvis impression yet.

·
Registered
13,576 Posts
fucking awful. when people complain today about cole, lawler, taz or tenay i laugh given how bad bartlett was.

he makes those early raws completely and utterly unwatchable unless on mute. fucking dipshit

1 - 20 of 42 Posts