Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Likes wrestling....
9,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And now for something different, just for fun.

So Barry has a career as "Brett Hart" in the WWF in 1982
As Jack Hart in the territories
and of course Barry Horowitz in WWF, WCW

1. Chris Candido: As "Barry", his biggest career WWE wins all came against "Skip" a feud that elevated him temporarily as a main card guy and not a jobber.
2. Mike Graham: As "Jack Hart" he actually won the Florida Heavyweight title in the biggest win of his career. This was back when that mattered.
3. Jerry Lynn: As a GWF "Superstar" in 1992, Barry won their lightweight title on ESPN and feuded with Jerry.
4. Kendall Windham: They had a pretty decent feud in Florida.
5. Brady Boone: A total WWE jobber war, Brady as the babyface usually won on the house shows but Barry got some wins too.
6. Billy Joe Travis: As "Jack Hart" he feuded with Billy Joe in Memphis. He was actually managed by Paul Heyman, and got the honor of putting hands on Lance Russell, something that was kind of off limits.
7. Owen Hart: Barry faced Owen many, many times during his career. He even pinned the Blue Blazer on a few house shows.
8. Lanny Poffo: Although most fans probably don't know it, Barry picked up a lot of wins over Lanny on house shows over the years.
9. Mark Starr: Barry wrestled Starr in multiple promotions on many different occasions.
10. Alan Funk: Barry's WCW feud from the Saturday Night dying days.
11. Tim Horner: In terms of pure volume of matches Barry faced "White Lightening" more than anyone aside from Candido.
12. Sivi Afi: Another low card talent Barry actually pinned a few times in WWF.
13. Ben Jordan: They feuded over the GWF light heavyweight title.
14. Tiger Conway Jr.: His name just keeps coming up in these lists, they battled night after night in Florida.
15. Frankie Williams: As "Brett Hart" Barry won his first WWF match in October of 82.

·
NBA
5,415 Posts
Damn, I take my hat off to you for having researched and followed a career that must of been ignored or skimmed by most people, myself included.

Gotta be the highest Mike Graham has ever ranked in a top, btw.

Would like to see a top 15 Terry Funk opponents thread. I guess we all know who are gonna be the top 3, but curious as to how you're gonna fill up the 5-15 ranks.

Reactions: GL

·
Likes wrestling....
9,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hugo.....Lets be clear I am thankful someone finally commented on this labor of love. ...

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
2. Mike Graham: As "Jack Hart" he actually won the Florida Heavyweight title in the biggest win of his career. This was back when that mattered.

I remember these.

Made me smile putting these up here.

I guess the real question is, did the stuff with Mike draw a dime?
In retrospect, I gotta think the Kendall feud was because he could make Kendall look good.

·
Likes wrestling....
9,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Mike was a legit wrestler because Eddie pushed him in the legit high school and colligate sport. He was legit in school boy wrestling circles. However he was not a legit heavyweight in pro wrestling, because he was at best 5'9. and was a liability on the mic. Even Florida fans knew that, and that tormented him IMO. I mean he was a legit draw in Florida only because he was Eddie's son. But on his own he was never the draw, unless he had a "name" heel to work with. I mean lets be clear Mike was average at best.

I believe this led to bitter feelings. He knew his dad loved Jerry Jarrett and he always came across bitter to the Memphis product which his dad liked. So of course he said Jeff Jarrett never drew a dime, and Jerry Lawler loved Twinkies, Good gosh why the WWE put him on their panels lol, I guess they needed Florida wrestling and let him say absurd things.

·
Registered
344 Posts
wow, that
And now for something different, just for fun.

So Barry has a career as "Brett Hart" in the WWF in 1982
As Jack Hart in the territories
and of course Barry Horowitz in WWF, WCW

1. Chris Candido: As "Barry", his biggest career WWE wins all came against "Skip" a feud that elevated him temporarily as a main card guy and not a jobber.
3. Jerry Lynn: As a GWF "Superstar" in 1992, Barry won their lightweight title on ESPN and feuded with Jerry.
5. Brady Boone: A total WWE jobber war, Brady as the babyface usually won on the house shows but Barry got some wins too.
6. Billy Joe Travis: As "Jack Hart" he feuded with Billy Joe in Memphis. He was actually managed by Paul Heyman, and got the honor of putting hands on Lance Russell, something that was kind of off limits.
7. Owen Hart: Barry faced Owen many, many times during his career. He even pinned the Blue Blazer on a few house shows.
8. Lanny Poffo: Although most fans probably don't know it, Barry picked up a lot of wins over Lanny on house shows over the years.
9. Mark Starr: Barry wrestled Starr in multiple promotions on many different occasions.
10. Alan Funk: Barry's WCW feud from the Saturday Night dying days.
11. Tim Horner: In terms of pure volume of matches Barry faced "White Lightening" more than anyone aside from Candido.
12. Sivi Afi: Another low card talent Barry actually pinned a few times in WWF.
13. Ben Jordan: They feuded over the GWF light heavyweight title.
14. Tiger Conway Jr.: His name just keeps coming up in these lists, they battled night after night in Florida.
15. Frankie Williams: As "Brett Hart" Barry won his first WWF match in October of 82.
's an impressive post, can you do Billy Jack Haynes one day ?

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Mike was a legit wrestler because Eddie pushed him in the legit high school and colligate sport. He was legit in school boy wrestling circles. However he was not a legit heavyweight in pro wrestling, because he was at best 5'9. and was a liability on the mic. Even Florida fans knew that, and that tormented him IMO. I mean he was a legit draw in Florida only because he was Eddie's son. But on his own he was never the draw, unless he had a "name" heel to work with. I mean lets be clear Mike was average at best.

I believe this led to bitter feelings. He knew his dad loved Jerry Jarrett and he always came across bitter to the Memphis product which his dad liked. So of course he said Jeff Jarrett never drew a dime, and Jerry Lawler loved Twinkies, Good gosh why the WWE put him on their panels lol, I guess they needed Florida wrestling and let him say absurd things.
Yeah - I watched him live many times and met him a few. 5' 9" is probably a bit generous. He did have some legit mat skills and FL fans did get behind him because of who he was. But, as you say, his size and limitations on the microphone kept him from going higher and I think you have a point about bitter feelings.

Still a very sad case with Eddie, Mike's son and then Mike all committing suicide.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts