Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Likes wrestling....
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1. Bill Dundee: The local ultimate rival, almost an unknown outside of the territory. Dundee was the companies #2 for years.
2. Jimmy Hart: The feud that set the territory on fire, Lawler vs "The First Family"
3. Jimmy Valiant: Valiant was so hot in Tennessee, Jarrett bought him a house.
4. Andy Kauffman: Brought national exposure to Lawler and the territory.
5. Nick Bockwinkel: Lawler's hill he could not seem to climb. They had crazy good chemistry.
6. Terry Funk: A bizarre feud that set a lot of trends.
7. Dutch Mantell: If Lawler was one, Dundee was two, Mantell was a close three in terms of territory babyfaces of the 80's.
8. Jackie Fargo: Lawler's mentor turned "guy he had to dethrone".
9. Austin Idol: Lawler's ultimate friend/foe when it came to money feuds.
10. Eddie Gilbert: Gilbert and Lawler had sneaky good feuds off and on.
11. Brett Hart: Lawler's first major program in the WWE.
12. Randy Savage: Their rivalry was more than just wrestling it was a territory war.
13. Joe LeDuc: The monster who would come to town every so often looking for Lawler.
14. Kerry Von Erich: The Texas vs Tennessee angle was a breif shot in the arm for both companies. Tennessee won the feud BTW lol.
15. Rocky Johnson: They feuded throughout the late 70's and for the next two decades.

HM: Tommy Rich, Dream Machine, Robert Fuller, Tojo Yamamoto, The Moondogs, Tommy Gilbert

·
Do they have Krusty's Partially Gelatinated, Non-D
2,722 Posts
GL what are your thoughts on Lawlers feud with Bret Hart.

At this point lawler was not a serious character at all, so I can’t imagine you being too high on it.

I would be interested in seeing 96-97 hart vs prime lawler.

·
Likes wrestling....
9,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
GL what are your thoughts on Lawlers feud with Bret Hart.

At this point lawler was not a serious character at all, so I can’t imagine you being too high on it.

I would be interested in seeing 96-97 hart vs prime lawler.
Well Hart did put Lawler over a couple of times.

Lawler was also already past his prime so anything after 90 to me was just icing on the cake of a Hall of Fame career.

Who knew Lawler would still be wrestling a decade or two later?

96 Hart vs 78 Lawler would be a ten star match lol.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts