Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
There is Squared Circle subreddit which is mainly a WWE forum these days. It IS very active. Though I have the growing suspicion a good bunch of posters are simply plants or shills from the WWE considering the high level of Kool Aid in the waters there. If those posters aren't getting paid for the amount of dick sucking of the WWE on SC, then they should really consider asking to be paid for it.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,385 Posts
Fuck is it dead - whether it's General, Raw, SD or NXT. I remember a few years back when these sections use to be really active with plenty of new threads and different fan bases.

Nowadays it's only really the same womens wrestling marks creating threads about Sasha or Becky. It's not like these threads are really active either. The other fandoms have left the site/wrestling or moved onto NJPW or AEW.

This section is going to become the new TNA section if AEW provide a good alternative.

1. Right after WM there were multiple threads about Sasha Banks leaving and these threads kinda exploded. That went for weeks/months.
2. Many forums are dieing. I know many WoW forums which could not even be resurrected by WoW Classic.
3. Even if these segments die, let them do in the way they want. Your posting reminds me about the strange newsgroups times (long ago), when a TV show ended after years and some people asked right after that to delete the group and move it away from active people behinds. :)

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Perhaps the people who want Super Cena back are right after all. At least back in the day it was fun bitching about how much you hated him. Not WF, but I look back fondly to talking about how much I hated Cena online back in 2006-2007 and how pissed off I got whenever he won an important match against a favourite of mine like my favourite sports team had lost a game.

...nah fuck Cena. Glad he's gone. The product does feel deader than ever without him, but he's also partly to blame for it.

·
Baby Yoda
29,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
1. Right after WM there were multiple threads about Sasha Banks leaving and these threads kinda exploded. That went for weeks/months.
2. Many forums are dieing. I know many WoW forums which could not even be resurrected by WoW Classic.
3. Even if these segments die, let them do in the way they want. Your posting reminds me about the strange newsgroups times (long ago), when a TV show ended after years and some people asked right after that to delete the group and move it away from active people behinds. :)
Hate to break it to you, WM was over 5 months ago...

·
Baby Yoda
29,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Perhaps the people who want Super Cena back are right after all. At least back in the day it was fun bitching about how much you hated him. Not WF, but I look back fondly to talking about how much I hated Cena online back in 2006-2007 and how pissed off I got whenever he won an important match against a favourite of mine like my favourite sports team had lost a game.

...nah fuck Cena. Glad he's gone. The product does feel deader than ever without him, but he's also partly to blame for it.
IMO a lot of it has to do with the lack of stars and compelling storylines. I don't even watch shows anymore, I find out what happens from twitter or from reviews on Wrestling Observer.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Hate to break it to you, WM was over 5 months ago...
Time goes by faster the older you get. You just lose track of it eventually. Mania might have been 5 months ago already but it feels more like it was 5 weeks ago. Probably because not a lot of things of significance have happened ever since lol

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
IMO a lot of it has to do with the lack of stars and compelling storylines. I don't even watch shows anymore, I find out what happens from twitter or from reviews on Wrestling Observer.
Yes, fuck sitting through an entire 3 hour Raw to watch meaningless matches. WWE's youtube channel is actually quite decent when it comes to summing up what happens on their weekly shows.

Twitter helps too. Most of my likes and retweets come from posting Alexa Bliss related stuff. She's really over on social media.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I remember when this site use to have many active fandoms.

Most of them are gone.
I remember lurking daily in 2007 and Nolo King being the most hated member by half the forum and the most loved member by the other half.

·
Baby Yoda
29,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
Well the AEW section has cooled down quite a bit as well. So guess that section is dying too?
AEW has not started yet so you really can't so anything. If anything, it's not even alive yet. Hell it may never get off the ground.

The WWE section use to be active, now it's a wasteland. That's noticeable.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts