Wrestling Forum banner

381 - 400 of 411 Posts

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,882 Posts
I don’t know about anywhere else, but the AEW section hasn’t slowed down much. Unfortunately about half the traffic in there is still an imbecile parade, but that’s always been the case in there anyway, and it has nothing to do with the forum update. Maybe a lot of the traffic before was people bitching at or about those other three fucktards who are thankfully no longer here, and while I can’t speak for anybody else, that’s traffic I’m happy to be without.

·
Jonathan Coachman
7,643 Posts

Well I was only 4 years off in my prediction. I should have said 10 years. FUCK.

4,543 Posts
It does feel impersonal and like an archive, or a barely-altered forum template, not a freshly designed revamp based off staff and user feedback. Of course, from what I gather, there wasn't much thought put into this, let alone consultation with, at bare minimum, the admin and moderator team. Not cool, VS.

I never used most of the premium features, and I've been custom blocking unwanted sidebars and the like (thanks uBlock!) plus immediately switching to the dark background, so the changes shouldn't much matter to me but, naw, this new version doesn't feel alive like the old WF. For all its faults, like slow loading and mobile glitches, the WF design and functionality had charm. Personalities shone through via sigs, coloured text, preferred custom smilies, user titles ... all those strange, slightly outdated customization bits. I always thought of WF as a throwback style forum. I loved how comfy it was, like an over-sized sweater nabbed from an older aunt's closet - something so outdated it came back around to trendy and perfect.

I haven't been here much of late - fell out of love with wrestling, rl more time-consuming, dealing with being a certified crazy person and all that - and now when I have more opportunity to poke around online, and a budding interest in what AEW might have to offer, I come here last week and find WF has turned into Generic Forum 276453 full of disappointment from the majority of the most active users. That sucks.

Oh well, I guess it's either figure out what can be done to make the new software and layout work for everyone or let the community go. WF been such a special little corner of the internet for so many that I'm hoping the adapt-and-improve mindset sticks for the majority. One plus - I am seeing loads of names I don't recall being here for ages. I guess I'm not the only lapsed member who saw the update result and went WTF???

(I feel like this needed to close with one of the old custom smilies. Those need to come back. Seriously, like yesterday. I know they're possible with Xenforo.)

·
I'm about to end this man's whole career
768 Posts
Holy shit!!!

That white skin/layout mode was hurting my fucking eyes.

Thank Jesus there's a dark mode!!
Nvm...I spoke too soon :oops:

Even dark mode is getting annoying to look at after awhile...Fucking shit man.

Back to light mode it is.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,808 Posts
It reminds me of work. The people above who are sitting in an office at headquarters somewhere are making decisions for things on the floor they know absolutely nothing about. They don't bother asking the workers for any input, they just make a decision and it creates more headaches at work because they haven't a clue what goes on and don't care that their decision makes things worse.

I personally had hardly any problems with this site. The odd time when it would be slow, but, I'd say about 95% of my time here since the day I joined was issue free. This fucking update just seems pointless. It hasn't added anything except ugliness, and they clearly don't give a fuck what we think.

Just like work, without the employees, there would be no company. Without the posters, there will be no site.

·
Mamba Mentality
25,003 Posts
It reminds me of work. The people above who are sitting in an office at headquarters somewhere are making decisions for things on the floor they know absolutely nothing about. They don't bother asking the workers for any input, they just make a decision and it creates more headaches at work because they haven't a clue what goes on and don't care that their decision makes things worse.

I personally had hardly any problems with this site. The odd time when it would be slow, but, I'd say about 95% of my time here since the day I joined was issue free. This fucking update just seems pointless. It hasn't added anything except ugliness, and they clearly don't give a fuck what we think.

Just like work, without the employees, there would be no company. Without the posters, there will be no site.
A-FUCKIN-MAN!!

@Administrator @OG Jeff

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,523 Posts
The powers-that-be managed to kill one of the most active remaining traditional forums around. A weird, ill-conceived choice that has driven a lot of people away. See the cool people in the Discord. The rest...is silence.

·
Registered
446 Posts

Well I was only 4 years off in my prediction. I should have said 10 years. FUCK.
You are still a Legend for calling out the beta Headliner out.

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,882 Posts
Asshole-mania is running wild everywhere, it seems. Three other forums I belong to have migrated to this crap system (one before WF, two after), and the admins were even less forthcoming on those sites than they were on this one, if you can believe that’s even possible. Curiously they’re the exact same admins on all those other sites, too. Other forums were a little more vanilla than this one, so the change wasn’t as much of a culture shock, so there isn’t nearly as much pushback on those as there is here. But now they all look the fucking same. Boring fucking reheated fart sandwich.

I’d been trying to be patient and understanding and not throw more gas on the fire here, but it’s plain to see these admins just plain SUCK, with zero understanding or appreciation of the people who are using this shit. Not that they give a flying fuck that usage is dropping faster than a French whore’s thong, the fewer people posting means fewer people bitching that they have to deal with, which I’m starting to think was their actual objective.

I tried taking the high road on this one and give these assholes the benefit of the doubt, and it wasn’t worth it. Fuck you people.

·
S.E.E.S.
536 Posts
I was optimistic at first, I felt that the new and improved forum would bring in new members and the site would be thriving, turns out I was wrong... very wrong. I hate this new layout, I was all for it at first but I've changed my mind now, it fucking sucks. I can't see myself visiting this site much after today anyway, this may even be my final post, not that anyone would care, my opinion is irrelevant, many people don't know who I am but I've been active since I joined, just mostly lurking in the background.

At least I can say that I had rant made about me, even though it was shit with no effort put into it, I'll take it.

381 - 400 of 411 Posts